SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Take this as rumor at this point, but Spectromagic is being dusted off and prepped for a return shortly.. The floats have been pulled out of 'storage' mode and are now being gone through, upgraded and repaired as needed..

The Lead float, the 'spectromagic' banner float and the part of the fantasia unit were all in the open backstage at magic kingdom as of this morning being worked on....

Looks like MSEP's days are numbered... perhaps a change before the holidays? If not, I would expect it after the first of the year..

WDWmazprty

I love it!

I'm guessing you heard this rumor somewhere? Because around here it will definitely be a BIG rumor unless there is some kind of evidence this rumor is remotely true. Just saying.

But I hope it is!

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Scratch that...

The floats are being prepped to be used along the food and wine marathon routes tonight... Ignore my previous post..

devoy1701

I thought I remember reading that MiceAge had already given a timetable of when the Electrical Parade was returning to Disneyland. Of course now I can't find it to link to it...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
For what it is worth Al Lutz stated in his update earlier this week that MSEP was going to return to CA next year. No time table in that article though.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1aihMP/miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al092711a.htm

He hedged his bets on that a little:

Once DCA is finally relaunched, whether it’s in June or August, the park will settle into a daily routine that will rival Disneyland for excitement. We’d told you of the plan to move DCA’s daily operating hours to an 8AM to 11PM schedule once Cars Land opens, and that’s causing TDA to question exactly how Disneyland plays off that demand. With the Pixar Play Parade returning to DCA this winter, DCA will have a solid lineup of entertainment that includes a parade and a night spectacular. The dilemma TDA faces now is what to do with the Electrical Parade once it returns from Florida next year.

With World of Color pulling in peak crowds, and the unique Fastpass system requiring use of the Paradise Pier parade route to stage arriving viewers, it’s unclear how the Electrical Parade would return to DCA, or why. It might be best to slot the Electrical Parade back in at Disneyland next summer as a peak-period offering only once per night. That scenario would also let Disneyland have something to market as part of DCA’s relaunch.

But the decision on the Electrical Parade is still up in the air, and it’s been changed before at the last minute, most recently when the Electrical Parade was going to be moved over to Disneyland as part of the 55th Anniversary year.

harveyt0206

My husband and I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Wednesday, 9/21. As part of our tour we were taken "backstage" to the parade float area in Frontierland. While there we caught a glimpse of Spectro under some canvas covers. I was so excited to see it on property I almost started crying. While I like MSEP's floats, that music drives me batty. I would love to see Spectro come back, and someone on our tour did ask if it was scheduled to return. Either our tour guide didn't know of any plans for it's return, or else she simply wasn't allowed to give us that information. Still, it was great to see it on property.

koryadams

Thank god! MSEP needs to stay a little longer! I got tired of seeing SpectroMagic all the time. MSEP is more bouncy and I like it! lol

I watched it 4 times on my last vacation in May I kid you not! 3 different nights lol

montyz81

I am going in april 2012. I pray that MSEP stays till then. It. is so much better of a show then Spectro. I saw it when I was 10 and I can't wait to see it just one more time in its proper parade route.

MickeyMind

I have been going to wdw since the 80s, I grew up with msep, but for me SPECTRO TAKES THE CAKE FOR BEST NIGHT TIME PARADE.. for the music alone, spectro beats msep hands down imo.. MSEP's music is just too cheesy/corny and overplayed. To me it is the equivalent of singing "its a small world" in a parade, over and over and over.. it just gets really old, really fast.

Spectro kinda has the same repetition but the music is so beautiful and classy that it doesnt sound corny/cheesy at all to me.

I cannot wait for them to bring spectro back! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

MKCP 1985

If they pull it off and bring out Spectro tonight I'm gonna lose it right there.

As stated previously, certain Spectro floats will be displayed along the course for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, just like last year. The Spectro Magic parade will not run at the Magic Kingdom tonight.

Floats I remember from last year's race included the Chip and Dale piano float, the Fantasia Wine/Bacchanalia float (an obvious choice for wine/dine) and Goofy's float. . . those come to mind, but there were probably more.

I think it would be so clutch if Magic Kingdom Management decided to show both spectro and msep tonight.

That would be awesome!!

I doubt they will, but who knows - it is the "Magic" Kingdom the most "Magical" place on earth. ANd that would be magical.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I think it would be so clutch if Magic Kingdom Management decided to show both spectro and msep tonight.

That would be awesome!!

I doubt they will, but who knows - it is the "Magic" Kingdom the most "Magical" place on earth. ANd that would be magical.

The spectro floats are going to be along the route for the wine and dine half marathon tonight. Spectromagic is NOT going to be performed at the mk tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom