SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

muse1983

Take this as rumor at this point, but Spectromagic is being dusted off and prepped for a return shortly.. The floats have been pulled out of 'storage' mode and are now being gone through, upgraded and repaired as needed..

The Lead float, the 'spectromagic' banner float and the part of the fantasia unit were all in the open backstage at magic kingdom as of this morning being worked on....

Looks like MSEP's days are numbered... perhaps a change before the holidays? If not, I would expect it after the first of the year..

MSEP just never did it for me...It's hard to top Spectro, so this is awesome news!!:sohappy:

asianway

The spectro floats are going to be along the route for the wine and dine half marathon tonight. Spectromagic is NOT going to be performed at the mk tonight.

No one listens....for the record the Fantasia and peacock(three fairies) floats were out on the race course last night

puntagordabob

Wish WDW would keep MSEP.... and why not move Spectro over to the Studios? Never understood why they do not have another night parade...sure would spread the Guests out a little more.....

MouseDreaming

I have been going to wdw since the 80s, I grew up with msep, but for me SPECTRO TAKES THE CAKE FOR BEST NIGHT TIME PARADE.. for the music alone, spectro beats msep hands down imo.. MSEP's music is just too cheesy/corny and overplayed. To me it is the equivalent of singing "its a small world" in a parade, over and over and over.. it just gets really old, really fast.

Spectro kinda has the same repetition but the music is so beautiful and classy that it doesnt sound corny/cheesy at all to me.

I cannot wait for them to bring spectro back! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

I, too, grew up with MSEP at at DL. Much prefer Spectro! Completely agree.Spectro can't come back soon enough.

BigThunderMatt

I don't get what everyone's issue is with the MSEP music. It's iconic and as soon as you hear those first notes the crowd goes wild.

Spectro's music is nice but it's not fitting for a parade. Parade music needs to be upbeat and peppy. Being in 3/4 time (and also the only parade in Disney history to be in 3/4 time), Spectro does not fit that description.

menamechris

I don't get what everyone's issue is with the MSEP music. It's iconic and as soon as you hear those first notes the crowd goes wild.

Spectro's music is nice but it's not fitting for a parade. Parade music needs to be upbeat and peppy. Being in 3/4 time (and also the only parade in Disney history to be in 3/4 time), Spectro does not fit that description.

I think part of the appeal of Spectro is that it is not typical parade music - it sounds more like a royal processional. And given the Magic Kingdom setting, I think that it fits well - and obviously resonates with a lot of people. I love both parades. Usually by the time they switch them out - I am ready for a change.

nytimez

During a KTTK tour in August we saw them working on the Spectro floats. They told us the work was a refurb to eventually bring it back as the evening parade. Guide didn't give a timetable.

I know, I know, guides can be wrong... but that's what I saw and that's what he said.

I LOVE Spectro. I watched a little bit of MSEP on Youtube and it didn't really do it for me.

That having been said I hope that they're not going to bring back Spectro for awhile because I was looking forward to getting to see MSEP on our next trip in December so I can see for myself.

raven

A few floats and dancing dragonflies from Spectro were just used as entertainment for the runners of the Wine & Dine Marathon on Saturday night.

deltalove

I LOVE Spectro. I watched a little bit of MSEP on Youtube and it didn't really do it for me.

That having been said I hope that they're not going to bring back Spectro for awhile because I was looking forward to getting to see MSEP on our next trip in December so I can see for myself.

I feel that exact same way. I am also going back in December!! I want to give MSEP a try, but Spectro is where it's at.

Disney05

I finally got to see MSEP this past May. I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. And I'm glad I finally got to see it. But my heart still lies with Spectro Magic. I think it's the music that makes me like it better. :shrug:

wdw71fan

Original Poster
all spectro floats were safely returned the the storage tent this morning after being cleaned..

Stand-down people

WDW1974

Both parades are old and tired. MSEP is beyond that ... I have yet to see one performance of this 1972 relic (in its latest return to MK) where floats weren't missing or being towed or where lights weren't out. Very tacky.

WDW last received a new night parade when Spectro debuted TWO DECADES AGO. To put that in perspective, TDL is on its third night parade since then -- TDL EP Dreamlights and that amazing parade, which has the heart and soul and music from the original, recently received new floats for the third time in its decade run.

About time, MK got something new.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Both parades are old and tired. MSEP is beyond that ... I have yet to see one performance of this 1972 relic (in its latest return to MK) where floats weren't missing or being towed or where lights weren't out. Very tacky.

WDW last received a new night parade when Spectro debuted TWO DECADES AGO. To put that in perspective, TDL is on its third night parade since then -- TDL EP Dreamlights and that amazing parade, which has the heart and soul and music from the original, recently received new floats for the third time in its decade run.

About time, MK got something new.

I've seen MSEP dozens of times since the re-run.. with no issues... perhaps it's just bad luck, or looking at things with jaded eyes?

WDW1974

I've seen MSEP dozens of times since the re-run.. with no issues... perhaps it's just bad luck, or looking at things with jaded eyes?

My eyes aren't jaded just like I'm sure yours aren't filled with pixie dust, thank you very much.

Everytime I view the parade, it has some sort of issues.

But even if it were perfect, it wouldn't change the fact that it's a 1972 parade and this is 2011 and Disney CAN do so much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom