SPAM, Nuisance posters and "Troll Hunting"

PhotoDave219

*I* Gave you bad Rep Points because you were adding to the problem, not laying off like a bunch of us asked, and not really getting what all of us are saying. And you still dont.

I'm not going to be nice about this anymore. Your troll hunting is more annoying, distracting, problematic and a waste of bandwidth then so-called trolls or problematic posters. STEVE is the forum admin, not YOU. He's the one responsible for policing these forums.

You're overzealous in your approach and make all of us look bad, and how bad reputations are created.

ACE

PhotoDave219 said:
*I* Gave you bad Rep Points because you were adding to the problem, not laying off like a bunch of us asked, and not really getting what all of us are saying. And you still dont.

I'm not going to be nice about this anymore. Your troll hunting is more annoying, distracting, problematic and a waste of bandwidth then so-called trolls or problematic posters. STEVE is the forum admin, not YOU. He's the one responsible for policing these forums.

You're overzealous in your approach and make all of us look bad, and how bad reputations are created.

I'm with ya Dave! This also applies to all you other "troll hunters". Give it a rest! PLEASE!

:wave: ACE

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I would just like to remind everyone to please stop responding to spam posts. The best thing to do is ignore them, let the threads be burried rather than bumping them with comments, until Steve or I are able to remove them.

Thank you :wave:

maggiegrace1

Hi Everyone :)

I want to make a few comments on a few recent trends I have noticed here on the forums, and ways we can help to make the community a better place for our members.

1. SPAM
Recently there has been a number of SPAM incidents, whereby someone has joined with the specific intent of advertising products, scams, ebay items etc. This type of posting is not alloowed on WDWMAGIC, and will be removed as soon as possible. As members, if you see this kind of activity, please use the REPORT TO MODERATOR link by the offending post. Please do not reply to the thread, or make comments to the SPAM poster. Remember these members are not interested in following rules or being members here, they are purely here to sell their product. Replying to the thread helps the SPAMMER by bringing the thread further to the top of the thread list.

:)
Just wanted to bring this up..:)

Seems like people keep responding to these spam threads..if we all ignore it and just report it, the mods will remove it.
:wave:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Just wanted to bring this up..:)

Seems like people keep responding to these spam threads..if we all ignore it and just report it, the mods will remove it.
:wave:

Thanks Dana! I was just searching for this thread to bump it as a reminder to everyone.

Please, please, PLEASE do not respond to spam. Report it and move on, as soon as one of us sees the reported post the spam will be removed. If people respond it keeps the thread active and at the top of the list which is the spammers goal. So by responding to spam you are helping them.

maggiegrace1

Thanks Dana! I was just searching for this thread to bump it as a reminder to everyone.

Please, please, PLEASE do not respond to spam. Report it and move on, as soon as one of us sees the reported post the spam will be removed. If people respond it keeps the thread active and at the top of the list which is the spammers goal. So by responding to spam you are helping them.

You are welcome Beth..:)

I was wondering though after reading people continue to reply to the spam..maybe if there was a thread like this that can be a sticky in the WDW discussion and WDW News and rRumors areas, where spam usually is, then maybe more people would see this.

Just curious..because it seemed like no one saw this or maybe they just ignored it.:shrug:

maggiegrace1

BUMP!!!!!

Just wanted to remind people to report Spam and not post in the threads they start...all you are doing is putting their thread at the top and that is what they want..

:)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Thanks for the reminder - I haven't seen any Spammers or Troll hunts on here for a couple of months.

A timely reminder as people start to find new ways of selling their goods in time for Christmas

The Mom

Premium Member
Thanks for the reminder - I haven't seen any Spammers or Troll hunts on here for a couple of months.

A timely reminder as people start to find new ways of selling their goods in time for Christmas

I wish the spammers had taken the summer off, but no such luck. ;) And yes, the best thing to do is to report them, then ignore them. I actually don't mind if several people report the same poster, as sometimes I don't have a chance to check my email frequently, but my husband will see it and let me know. "Honey, you've got a dozen reported posts! Must be a spammer, or someone's being really, really naughty." ;) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom