SPAM, Nuisance posters and "Troll Hunting"

copcarguyp71

Steve, I recently tried to open a conversation with you regarding an idea to help quell some troubles and did not hear back. Is there a better way to get in touch with you? I realize the forum probably keeps you pretty busy but I think it may be worth discussing on some level. Thanks.

Nemo14

Hi Everyone :)

I want to make a few comments on a few recent trends I have noticed here on the forums, and ways we can help to make the community a better place for our members.

1. SPAM
Recently there has been a number of SPAM incidents, whereby someone has joined with the specific intent of advertising products, scams, ebay items etc. This type of posting is not alloowed on WDWMAGIC, and will be removed as soon as possible. As members, if you see this kind of activity, please use the REPORT TO MODERATOR link by the offending post. Please do not reply to the thread, or make comments to the SPAM poster. Remember these members are not interested in following rules or being members here, they are purely here to sell their product. Replying to the thread helps the SPAMMER by bringing the thread further to the top of the thread list.

2. NUISANCE POSTERS
Several banned members often attempt to resubscribe and continue where they left off prior to where they left off before being banned. If you believe a member is a previously banned members, or is just up to no-good, please use the REPORT TO MODERATOR link by the offending post. Please do not engage in conversation with the member, as again, it just feeds their appetite for attention.

3. TROLL HUNTING
In an effort to help finding potential trouble makers, several members have embarked on so-called "Troll Hunting". Whilst I appreciate the intent of good-natured help, I believe it has been taken a little too far by some of the members. It would be appreciated if we could stop references to Troll Hunting in signatures etc, and to refrain from naming people as trolls in threads. As with all cases, please use the REPORT TO MODERATOR link if you suspect a problem with a member, and leave it at that. The report will be investigated by myself, and action taken as needed.

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

Thought this might be appropriate to repost tonight.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Please do not reply to spam by tagging a moderator. The only way to report spam is with the report feature. Thank you!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
bump again. It seems the passport guy has posted on nearly every thread. Don't respond - it just brings the post back to the top. Just hit the report button and let the mods take care of it.

Thanks Nemo!

Responding to the spammer telling them to go away is pointless. They've already left! They post their garbage and then move on to the next forum. So again, as has been requested many many times- please report spam but do not respond to it!

MOXOMUMD

Being new here I kept thinking maybe I was just reading doube posts until I caught on to what someone has been doing. Annoying.

MOXOMUMD

If I notice this person who has been just copy and pasting what others have said as a post do I just report it as SPAM to get your attention?

GenerationX

Earlier today, I saw some really strange spam - thread titles using the Cyrillic alphabet. I refused to click the links, but based on Babylon translator, the text appeared to be spam for Russian legal services. Why the spammers think people reading a UK-based Disney site would have need for Russian legal services is beyond me. Why there was a picture of Shannen Doherty in the post was equally puzzling. Maybe it was a hidden message?

Hmmmm, Shannen starred in Beverly Hills, 90210, and the post featured a link with the year 2012. So, 90210 + 2012 = 92222. Now we just need to determine the significance of 92,222: Number of data points collected by MagicBands per minute? Number of alligators on property? Number of monorail threads throughout WDWMagic's history?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom