Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

KevinPage

True, those are old, however those vehicles were there for literally years. Atleast 2002.

So for them to suddenly dissapear suggests the beginings of production work on the new attraction - which could have happened a year or two ago.

I'm slow on the uptake: what vehicles and what potential new attraction are we talking about here?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
"That`s no moon - it`s a spacestation" :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
that took me about 3 times repeating that statement to figure out who spoke it..... :lol: , nice martin.

Words can`t describe this rendering Planet7 sent me. The astronauts, the larger satellite, the walls of the core, ceiling of the descent, window AA, robot arm.... Everything about 180Top is so much clearer now:
thanks for posting. this is excellent! thanks planet7

I'm slow on the uptake: what vehicles and what potential new attraction are we talking about here?
SSE and the rumored new vehicles with this rehab.

Figment82

Thank you so much for posting that photo Martin! A lot of the black shadowy shapes that can still be seen on the ride from the original spacestation make a whole lot more sense now! That puts everything in nice colored perspective. :)

brkgnews

Words can`t describe this pre opening rendering Planet7 sent me. The astronauts, the larger satellite, the walls of the core, ceiling of the descent, window AA, robot arm.... Everything about 180Top is so much clearer now: **EDIT- apologies, but the image will return in a few weeks. My mistake**
Dang it. Why do I always miss the good pix before they're pulled. :(

jasondiff

Sorry (again) - the image is now back. It`s scanned from a very old Disney News, part of a collection going on ebay today - for anyone interested the auction (and many full size pics like it) will be at http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/waltsentme

Martin, you realize by posting that link in this thread there will now be lots of Epcot fans trying to outbid you on that auction! :lol:

I promise if I win I'll scan and email you whatever you want! :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bumping (this great thread is getting way too far down the forum!)

The 180top recreation video is virtually complete. I`ve done a final re edit and render this weekend. It`s 152mb, 11 and a half minutes long. Once I`ve found the time to double check it I`ll be posting it at Mousebits first, and then anywhere else that will take it. Hopefully Geoffrey Nease will pick it up for those who arn`t torrent-savy (though it isn`t too difficult) but I won`t be posting it myself to YouTube or anywhere similar. The details will get lost in the quality degredation.

I`ll post updates in this thread :wave:

The Mak

Bumping (this great thread is getting way too far down the forum!)

The 180top recreation video is virtually complete. I`ve done a final re edit and render this weekend. It`s 152mb, 11 and a half minutes long. Once I`ve found the time to double check it I`ll be posting it at Mousebits first, and then anywhere else that will take it. Hopefully Geoffrey Nease will pick it up for those who arn`t torrent-savy (though it isn`t too difficult) but I won`t be posting it myself to YouTube or anywhere similar. The details will get lost in the quality degredation.

I`ll post updates in this thread :wave:

Excellent news! Thanks for your work and everyone else's detective work in this thread of legend.

Expo_Seeker40

Oh My Gawwwwd. Satelites in outerspace, astronauts with no oxygen tanks, asian babes hanging out in space station windows, blinky blinky lights, tons of stars, and a 1970s projection of Earth thats usually out of focus.....it must be Martins 180top, the room in spaceship earth you never knew alot about, the delux version! :sohappy:

I cannot wait to see this, and thanks again Martin for making it! :wave:

aeromike

I did look back once ago to see what it actually was you went under backwards as the view of earth was blocked by supports and roofs edges... now i know, i'm gonna keep a look out when i go in september. People keep saying that Siemens have made the area brighter, maybe there is a chance that the space station and the satellite could exist again, just a coat of paint to make it look new and futuristic would work well than a series of tvs and sets while you return from space doesn't really make that much sense to me.

lunarsquid

I just discovered and re-read this entire thread. How utterly fascinating...!

Now with this major refurb going on, I really hope they don't change much in the 180... it was always so climactic and cool.

Also glad to learn that i'm not the only one who has always been fascinated with the internal layout of the ride. You peoples with blueprints and such should really share!

I wonder if anyone has ever done a 3D model of the whole structure...

Beauty_Belle

Words can`t describe this pre opening rendering Planet7 sent me. The astronauts, the larger satellite, the walls of the core, ceiling of the descent, window AA, robot arm.... Everything about 180Top is so much clearer now:

Is this a picture of things to come to SSE? It's been a while since I heard anything relating to the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom