Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I haven't read this thread in a while, and I don't know what's been discussed here recently, but I found this picture and I thought it might be possible that it was from Spaceship Earth. The woman who took the picture said she took it in Epcot in 1987. Could this be part of the spaceship from Spaceship Earth, Marni?
Close.... but no cigar. That was in the first Space scene in Horizons. Funnily, I used to get confused as a kid between the score from that scene and the instrumental version of Tomorrows Child from 180top.

Looks strange with a flash on the camera (tut tut) I admit.

Captain Hank

do we have a picture documenting said grommits? are these the ones that are seen past staircase 11 then past 5? after 43 pages.... im not scrolling through to find the image :lol:

hypothetically, if the track was supposed to wrap around one time before the descent.... i wonder if it would have been on the "floor" area of 180 top as we have seen in pictures?
I've been following this thread pretty closely, and I don't recall any pictures of the grommits, though I might have missed them. I'll have to look back through the thread again at some point.

JEDIsney

Close.... but no cigar. That was in the first Space scene in Horizons. Funnily, I used to get confused as a kid between the score from that scene and the instrumental version of Tomorrows Child from 180top.

Looks strange with a flash on the camera (tut tut) I admit.

Ah, thank you very much for clearing that up. Funny, I should have known that it was from Horizons. Now I'm ashamed of myself.

Mr.EPCOT

Funnily, I used to get confused as a kid between the score from that scene and the instrumental version of Tomorrows Child from 180top.

Wow, me too! I never really got completely straightened out until they put them one right after the other in the Millennium Celebration entrance loop!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I've been following this thread pretty closely, and I don't recall any pictures of the grommits, though I might have missed them. I'll have to look back through the thread again at some point.
dont torture yourself with going through the whole thread again... unless you are extremely bored. lol thanks though

Ah, thank you very much for clearing that up. Funny, I should have known that it was from Horizons. Now I'm ashamed of myself.
i just dont recall this. weird. i figured it was horizons or in some themeing in the communicore but i really didnt remember this one.

tirian

There is a non-CG recreation on it`s way :wave:

It's supposed to be...:lookaroun

Let's hope that things don't change.

p.s. I never got to ride Horizons. The queue was always too long when I was young, and the attraction was gone by the time I moved to Florida. :cry:

Slowjack

hey, never seen you on the boards before.... wonder if i seen you around Bham. :wave:
I've been posting for while, but more on the "news and rumors" area...although I've been checking in on this thread once per week or so, because clearly it's the Best Thread Ever. You might have seen me around Birmingham, although we have a baby girl who's just getting to be 1 year old, so we don't get out much. I work down on Southside, though, so if you're ever in the Five Points area for lunch, you could start singing "Tomorrow's Child" and see if there's anyone joining in...

joel_maxwell

I've been posting for while, but more on the "news and rumors" area...although I've been checking in on this thread once per week or so, because clearly it's the Best Thread Ever. You might have seen me around Birmingham, although we have a baby girl who's just getting to be 1 year old, so we don't get out much. I work down on Southside, though, so if you're ever in the Five Points area for lunch, you could start singing "Tomorrow's Child" and see if there's anyone joining in...
:lol:

ahhh 5 points. used to be the old stopping grounds. well, to keep this post all SSE and all, ill sing TC on the way home to Crestwood as i take the long way through 5points. ill be the one in the green montero with a DoomBuggie tag

:D

btw, still wait patiently on martin and the vids

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
44 pages later.... it`s not a bad thread is it?

I`ve been a bit real-world busy of late; I`ll get back to polishing the vid as soon as. Then find somewhere to upload it!

joel_maxwell

44 pages later.... it`s not a bad thread is it?

I`ve been a bit real-world busy of late; I`ll get back to polishing the vid as soon as. Then find somewhere to upload it!
we could host it on a page off my site and shut down my host with bandwidth exceeding :lol:

they would love me.

Epcotrob

OK so with all the new changes coming to SSE. I think we (as in everybody reading this thread with the means to) need to all get together and ride SSE and just take all the pictures that we can, while we still can. Mainly the sets and the desent. I think we have the top pretty much covered.

Your thoughts.....

Any Takers.......

Bratstarman

Rumor has it that they will return the satellite and astronaut to Spaceship Earth during the upcoming rehab with a slight rebranding...

SEjack.jpg

jasondiff

Rumor has it that they will return the satellite and astronaut to Spaceship Earth during the upcoming rehab with a slight rebranding...

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: That's great! I heard they're going to put Barbossa in the window of the ship a little further down the descent.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, we have XP running on the video phone, Captain Jack on the satellite.... how about the WDWMagic forum on the 1982 bedroom boys PCs CRT?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom