spaceship earth scorched!?

wedway71

not sure if its a repainting issue.not sure what it is in the first place so not sure how to fix but the point is it can be fixed-were talking about disney.they create magic for billions every year and create things like state of the art attractions and things like audioanamatronic ben franklins that can freely walk up a flight of stairs freestanding so clearly the can remove some black stuff of sse.

GTOKID

We were there 5-5-05 and hurd the oddest sizzleing sound after a near direct lighting hit. It looked like it hit the ball but I was almost running trying to push a wheel chair to the gift shop... and then storm was gone in a flash. I never hurd anything else about it...maybe that was it...

BalooChicago

peter11435 said:
The fact is Spaceship Earth is not painted. And thus you can't just repaint the panels.

It is either painted or anodized. Either way it can be repaired, though given their repetitive design I would not be surprised if they have spares on hand. I have used Alucobond extensively on the buildings that I have designed.

BenS

Original Poster
Even if it is more than simply painting the tiles, something has to be done.

If someone can look at Spaceship Earth from the monorail (as the narrator points it out) and thinks/says "what's that!?" then it's a major problem.

Be it a burn mark, dirt, or a plane carrying paint spilling its cargo, Central Shops, the "can do people" can do something about this.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

Well im done! i wrote the letter and printed the pictures and im sent to go to send it. i Really hope Mr Weiss will consider doing something because SSE is my favorite icon

wedway71

good job

im sure when al weiss actually sees it he will immediatly get with some key figure people like the vice president of epcot and management of facilities engineering and get this fixed-just a note it might already be something they are aware of and in the process of getting fixed like waiting on certain parts or something but the key is multiple letters showing this by showing them that this a big enough issue to make multiple guests right in.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

wedway71 said:
im sure when al weiss actually sees it he will immediatly get with some key figure people like the vice president of epcot and management of facilities engineering and get this fixed-just a note it might already be something they are aware of and in the process of getting fixed like waiting on certain parts or something but the key is multiple letters showing this by showing them that this a big enough issue to make multiple guests right in.
your sending your letter too, right? and it would be lovely if everyone thats looks at the post does the same

wedway71

in the mail monday-what would be kool if he gets a bunch of letters from all over -he doesnt know were all from this website so hell think its a really big problem.he sees letters from florida,new york,ohio.etc.hell wonder whats going on to make all these people write in.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

wedway71 said:
in the mail monday-what would be kool if he gets a bunch of letters from all over -he doesnt know were all from this website so hell think its a really big problem.he sees letters from florida,new york,ohio.etc.hell wonder whats going on to make all these people write in.
i got 2 things to say.
First, If you guys really love WDW and you guys Really Love Epcot and if you guys were REALLY concered about this you ALL would write bout SSE and how baddly it is and how it needs help.
Second, If were lucky the wand will go down with this rehab of SSE(hopifully)

General Grizz

As for SSE, the problem is relatively new. I'm sure most CMs haven't even noticed it yet. So while it's important to contact Disney, I wouldn't use this as a mass-effort to get this change done.

It's fixable, whereas there are other areas in the parks that COULD undergo some severe and permanent changes. . .i.e. the SSE ride itself. . .

wedway71

i think it can do only good.as long as any letters are quick and to the point and not rude or vulgar in any way.if we were talking about some paint chipped in a far corner of a wall that nobody sees but this is the icon for epcot.writting a letter should be used to simply relay to management that as a guest you noticed something that needs to be addressed.i would not use a letter to voice negativity but offer positive feedback to the company.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

wedway71 said:
i think it can do only good.as long as any letters are quick and to the point and not rude or vulgar in any way.if we were talking about some paint chipped in a far corner of a wall that nobody sees but this is the icon for epcot.writting a letter should be used to simply relay to management that as a guest you noticed something that needs to be addressed.i would not use a letter to voice negativity but offer positive feedback to the company.
same here, love WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom