Spaceship Earth Rumors

Bluewaves

Don't you know thats the new theme for test track, lol, monsters in the energy pavillion and cars in test track, oh and then lets add buzz lightyear in Mission Space and then theres nemo in the seas, and then the incredibles in the land because those superhero people can fly and lets see here lets through bugs in imagination and then we can rename future world pixar world?

erasure fan1

Bluewaves said:
Don't you know thats the new theme for test track, lol, monsters in the energy pavillion and cars in test track, oh and then lets add buzz lightyear in Mission Space and then theres nemo in the seas, and then the incredibles in the land because those superhero people can fly and lets see here lets through bugs in imagination and then we can rename future world pixar world?

I thought all that pixar stuff would be the 5th gate.:lookaroun

EpcoTim

First thing they need to do is fix the omnimover platform it rides on, second, is just succumb to popular belief and make it a ride dedicated to Greg Norman.

jmvd20

I sure as heck hope they can do something to eliminate a few bumps and noises from the ride system. Even with the audio fixed a bit it was still very distracting.

As far as updates go I hope they tear-out and re-do the entire backwards section. Being as half of the effects were broken/off when we were there I would guess it is a safe bet.

Austin1

I love Spaceship Earth. It is the essence of EPCOT.
I think it need a very good fresh update and a new look at the future, but nothing more. Let's save the beauty...

:animwink:

CThaddeus

Austin1 said:
I love Spaceship Earth. It is the essence of EPCOT.
I think it need a very good fresh update and a new look at the future, but nothing more. Let's save the beauty...

:animwink:

I'm with you. But, let's really save the beauty and get rid of a certain millenium growth that refuses to go away. Isn't there some kind of ointment we can put on Spaceship Earth to get rid of that wand?

Pabgo

Connor002 said:
Maybe we could make SSE transparent, fill it with water, and create massive Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Bruce, Mr. Ray animatronics.

Nigel can perch on the wand.

That's what the Living Seas is for. LOL

mickeykid79

Siemens push for their product!

I believe Siemens plans to update Spaceship Earth, is to go in a total different direction. As soon as I find out how reliable my sources are, I was told that Siemens plans to change the subject from Communication to Engineering.

Siemens is an electronics, innovating, and engineering company.

Supposedly,the scenes will remain the same, but will be gear towards advances in engineering and architecture. So instead of hearing about how the Egyptians created paper, we will hear about how they created the Pyramids. Its sort of a way for the company to dish out less money, but keeping the attraction true to its product.

After all, the attraction does take place within a building that it itself is a fleet of engineering.

These changes may becoming more apparent by October 2007, for the 25th anniversary of EPCOT, although Disney might not do a whole big deal for it. The campaign might focus on DISCOVERING MAGIC, DISCOVER THE FUTURE @ EPCOT!:)

Pabgo

mickeykid79 said:
I believe Siemens plans to update Spaceship Earth, is to go in a total different direction. As soon as I find out how reliable my sources are, I was told that Siemens plans to change the subject from Communication to Engineering.

Supposedly,the scenes will remain the same, but will be gear towards advances in engineering and architecture. So instead of hearing about how the Egyptians created paper, we will hear about how they created the Pyramids. Its sort of a way for the company to dish out less money, but keeping the attraction true to its product.

After all, the attraction does take place within a building that it itself is a fleet of engineering.

These changes may becoming more apparent by October 2007, for the 25th anniversary of EPCOT, although Disney might not do a whole big deal for it. The campaign might focus on DISCOVERING MAGIC, DISCOVER THE FUTURE @ EPCOT!:)

Hmmm, I'm trying to think whether I'd like it the way it is now, or if I want it to be about engineering...hmmm...

dxwwf3

What I wish SSE would get:

1. Updated cars with better speakers and improved sound

2. Update the last third of the attraction and make it more relevant. Bringing back the Tomorrow's Child song wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but somethine else would be fine as well.

3. *Really Dreaming* Update some of the AA's to more advanced figures

Hopefully a rehab will happen and one of the best attractions at Epcot will continue to entertain and inspire for many years down the road.

M:SpilotISTC12

This could be interesting. I could totally imagine that happening. I remember hearing that if you were to change something in ride that the sphere could collapse. Please feel free to correct me, I just remember seeing that a while ago and was thinking if it was true.

JimboJones123

EpcotMark said:
Let's just hope it stays relevant and important. The attraction needs to stay about how communication has revolutionized "our" lives, not "YOUR OWN" personal life. We don’t need to see webcams, text messangers, or a bunch of techno junk in the thing showcasing how technology can improve "your" life. Contrary to popular belief, the world is not all about your own person, and Siemens technology should not be shown portraying that. Perhaps with Siemens being a German company this will not happen. Americans are so much more individualistic than many other cultures, perhaps selfish would not be an inappropriate word as well, with our gas guzzling cars and overindulgences. Fortunately there are exceptions, and I believe Epcot has been one of them. A place to show how people can work collectively to create a better world for "our" selves and our children, and Spaceship Earth needs to stay that theme. Hopefully it wont end up kissing up to the sump pump of commercial sensationalism.;) Time Racer fans, take your idea to Europa Park.

So, ideally, SSE should make us want to buy hybrid cars??? Isn't that what test track is already doing w/GM?

jedimaster1227

a2grafix said:
What is/are Time Racers?

Dear God, here we go!

Time Racers was the replacement project designed for Spaceship Earth as a part of Project Gemini. This new attraction would have replace the Omnimover ride system with a LIM Launched coaster and the animatronic filled sets with simple light diplays. The new ride would have required gutting and cutting into the SSE Sphere so that the new ride could shoot out and around the sphere. The ride would have had stations in both sides of Innoventions and then it would shoot out and into the sphere through the location of the now defunct Global Neighborhood and fly around inside of the sphere. It would keep going until it shot out of the side of the sphere, did a couple of upward helixes around it and then went down into the opposite Innoventions to the exit station.

I believe Innonventions West would have been the entrance and Innoventions East would have been the exit.

Time Racers was cancelled for five main reasons:

1. To gut SSE was impossible due to the fact that the sphere was built around the ride and if the ride was removed, the sphere would implode.

2. The sphere would have to be worked on in the open, which Disney had refused to do ever since Horizons was destroyed.

3. It cost way too much money. It would have cost a total of what it cost to build three pavilions in Future World. That was too much for Disney to spend on one attraction.

4. Spaceship Earth is the symbol of Epcot and if they changed it, then the park would never be the same. Disney management wanted to keep the only remaining ride from EPCOT Center's days in their park. If they removed it, the transition from EPCOT Center to Epcot would be complete.

5. Project Gemini was cancelled. 2 of the 3 aspects of the project to revitalize Future World were canned while one, Soarin' was installed.

Time Racers-part 1 of the project was put on hold, but the rights to the title, trademark and marketing under the name are still active under Disney.
Project Blue Sky- part 2 of the project was also put on hold. Once rumored to be a pavilion covering the weather and the rainforest with a coaster, the pavilion was never built. This new pavilion was referred to as a "Super Pavilion" due to the fact that it would require so much space that it would take over the locations of Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life. Recent rumors suggest that Iger and the Imagineers have dusted off Project Blue Sky's plans and are considering greenlighting the project.
Soarin'- Part three of the project did get built in order to revitalize the failing pavilion, The Land. Food Rocks was removed to make way for the entrance to Soarin'.

So there you have it, that is what SSE: Time Racers was/is.

Shaman

mickeykid79 said:

That sounds....interesting. Any word on when we might expect the Wand's removal? :lookaroun

disnyfan89

Im confused by your statement

"The sphere would have to be worked on in the open, which Disney had refused to do ever since Horizons was destroyed."

Can you elaborate a little more on this statement

jedimaster1227

disnyfan89 said:
Im confused by your statement

"The sphere would have to be worked on in the open, which Disney had refused to do ever since Horizons was destroyed."

Can you elaborate a little more on this statement

Disney recieved a large amount of negative feedback from guests seeing construction workers rip down Horizons right in front of their eyes. Also, the noise from the site caused guests in Future World plenty of discomfort.

I remember when I went on one of the days when they had just begun tearing down the front of Horizons. The noise was so horrible that we ended up leaving that side of Future World and going to wait in line for the Maelstrom (45 minutes long that day).

Imagine walking into Epcot and being greeted by the SSE Sphere being ripped open by a crane. Would that be a pleasent site? Would that have been a good show by Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom