Spaceship Earth Rumors

imagineer boy

Pongo said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's the roller coaster that was never really rumored to go in there.

Actually, Time Racers was originally rumored that it would be a simulator type of ride that would use "screen technology" that would be apart of the "Project Gemeni" Epcot improvement project. All of the roller coaster rumors came from a scource called "The Monkey" from Screamscape, and it is unknown whether or not it was to be apart of the Time Racers concept.

Okay, I'll be quiet now.

EpcotMark

Let's just hope it stays relevant and important. The attraction needs to stay about how communication has revolutionized "our" lives, not "YOUR OWN" personal life. We don’t need to see webcams, text messangers, or a bunch of techno junk in the thing showcasing how technology can improve "your" life. Contrary to popular belief, the world is not all about your own person, and Siemens technology should not be shown portraying that. Perhaps with Siemens being a German company this will not happen. Americans are so much more individualistic than many other cultures, perhaps selfish would not be an inappropriate word as well, with our gas guzzling cars and overindulgences. Fortunately there are exceptions, and I believe Epcot has been one of them. A place to show how people can work collectively to create a better world for "our" selves and our children, and Spaceship Earth needs to stay that theme. Hopefully it wont end up kissing up to the sump pump of commercial sensationalism.;) Time Racer fans, take your idea to Europa Park.

CaptainMichael

EpcotMark said:
Let's just hope it stays relevant and important. The attraction needs to stay about how communication has revolutionized "our" lives, not "YOUR OWN" personal life. We don’t need to see webcams, text messangers, or a bunch of techno junk in the thing showcasing how technology can improve "your" life. Contrary to popular belief, the world is not all about your own person, and Siemens technology should not be shown portraying that. Perhaps with Siemens being a German company this will not happen. Americans are so much more individualistic than many other cultures, perhaps selfish would not be an inappropriate word as well, with our gas guzzling cars and overindulgences. Fortunately there are exceptions, and I believe Epcot has been one of them. A place to show how people can work collectively to create a better world for "our" selves and our children, and Spaceship Earth needs to stay that theme. Hopefully it wont end up kissing up to the sump pump of commercial sensationalism.;) Time Racer fans, take your idea to Europa Park.
AT&T used to be all over the ride. Product placement is all part of the sponsorship agreement.

Pongo

EpcotMark said:

Well, other countries (including Germany) are part of the text messaging, webcamming, techno junk craze. It's not just America. Other countries also have the gas-guzzling cars, just not as many since America's gas is rather cheap in comparison to European countries. But I don't see what that has to do with communication.

Contemporary communication is about the individual aspects such as text messaging and e-mail. Communication is about connecting individuals, which is what each of those do.

So I would expect Siemens to include them in the postshow in some way or another.

But that's just me.

EpcotMark

Webcams and Text messaging and anything else is fine, just so long as it is shown to enhance the collective whole of a culture or world, not the singular person or viewer, then it would become an advertisement.

S.E.A.

EpcotMark said:
Webcams and Text messaging and anything else is fine, just so long as it is shown to enhance the collective whole of a culture or world, not the singular person or viewer, then it would become an advertisement.

wasn't the whole point of EPCOT one giant product placement?

Spaceship Earth sponsored by AT&T... Horizons sponsored by General Motors...Honey I Shrunk the Audience sponsored by Kodak...The Land sponsored by Nestle...

you're beginning to give EPCOT way too much credit with all the "our" selves idealistic mumbo jumbo. the preachiness of which becoming the reason everyone thinks "boring" when they think of EPCOT.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
S.E.A. said:
wasn't the whole point of EPCOT one giant product placement?

Not at all. But at $1.2 Billion in 1982 Disney needed finnancial help, as they have done since before 1955.

KevinPage

We're on page 3 and still no LEE or CORRUS reply/confirmation. How freaking annoying :brick:

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

kid at heart

i saw a sign that read

something like more coming soon...when i was there in may.I think SE is the 3rd best ride at epcot behind Soarin and Test track.

erasure fan1

They can change the webcam part to kids playing Pixar CG quality video games online. That is future, as home video games are not even close to that kind of quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom