News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Cmdr_Crimson

I still want to see a color transition on this...Or at least utilize it for projection shows just not for "Special Event" Purposes...
tumblr_m34bxgsuJ91qb85lko1_500.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now that I think about it, does central actually control any of the pavilions anymore? I know they still control BGM there but each pavilion has changed radically since they were all originally controlled from there
Nope. Even BGM is outsourced now (Wonders was the first too). SSE94 was the first pavilion to be moved out of Central..

skimbob

I was happy to get a Fastpass for 1/16 this morning. We figured it wouldn’t close until after Test Track’s refurbishment but it’s still good to know it will be open for my trip.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As of a few years ago MK DACS was still controlling lots of random things, from theater doors to BGM for all of the MK area resorts.
It’s become a real hotch potch of what it controls now hasn’t it. A good example was Under New Management. DACS still controlled the legacy parts of the show. A new local system controlled all the new parts.

Last edited:

cspencer96

I cant imagine how insanely difficult it was/is to mesh together 50+ year old analog technology with modern digital systems...
Well it would be difficult, but surprisingly given the age of the system, DACS is and always has been digital - just probably not in the way that we'd think of GUI terminals and controls for systems today. It stands for Digital Animation Control System.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom