News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

aladdin2007

SE is one of the attractions fastpass warped the standby line the most. It regularly posts 30min afternoon standby lines now when it could easily be walk-on.

agree, the whole process really ruined access to so many attractions and did nothing but create bottlenecks, but now people are so conditioned to it the outcry would be too much if they were to ever take it away. but when do they start charging for it?

ThistleMae

Did you FP it just to make sure they wouldn't close it or are you tired of that 2 minute line? I'm hoping we get to ride it in early Feb too.
Once you get the FP you really want, there's really nothing left. Soarin' is really the only ride I try for in Epcot. Once that's gone I just pick whatever. I do really enjoy SE, so why not?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
SE is one of the attractions fastpass warped the standby line the most. It regularly posts 30min afternoon standby lines now when it could easily be walk-on.
I think the real issue is that the park is lacking in rides people want to use a fastpass on. The park was never meant to be enjoyed as a ride-ride-ride-ride-ride-ride-ride park, and Fastpass kinda mandates that you pick 3 attractions and treat them like that. Combine that problem with an ultra-low capacity "Tier 1" ride in FEA and a extremely-poorly aging Superheadliner in Mission:Space and you have a bad ratio of FPs to available rides people actually want to ride. So SE goes from People-eater to FP-eater. (to that end it will be interesting to see what happens when SE comes back up after Guardians and Rat are open. I imagine it won't suck up as many FPs.) I am generally in the pro-Fastpass camp, but it really clashes with the intended vibe of Epcot, even 2024 Bob Iger Legacy Epcot.

Crazydisneyfanluke

To be honest, I'm not up to speed on either Guardian's or Rat. I don't know, I'm just not that interested I guess.
They know how Rat operates and how to fix bugs quickly when they arise, meaning they wont need to have boarding groups to help curve wait times and keep people out in the shops parks. With Guardians, it is a totally new ride system (Like rise) and will run into problems. It isn't as advanced as Rise, but still would benefit from boarding groups. Plus they could wait in the brand new play pavilion next door....

Once the refurbed SSE opens, they may get rid of the tiers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just got a FP for Spaceship Earth for early Feb. I was surprised! So do we not have a firm date yet?
When does Test Track reopen?
So you know that machine during the industrial revolution that was never going to be fixed? Well it’s fixed!
Steam too?
I have a feeling that there wont be fast passes for Guardians, but something similar to the boarding groups at Rise. Then Rat will be added to the current tier 1.
Guardians will have FP. Eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom