Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

Moth

It's ok if you can't confirm/deny this, but it sounds like SSE has skipped over JII in line, and that this was quite a recent decision. Would this be accurate? My gut is telling me this is the case and that they're still arguing over what to do with JII - I just wonder how long they need to figure out what to do with it 🤷‍♂️
Basically what DreamfinderGuy said. I just used the term "line" to make it easier to understand for myself and readers here.

It's not tooooo recent either, I've always had people telling me SSE was gonna be before Imagination. I still believe Imagination is coming after SSE is back online, but yeah they're likely still planning that out.

There's plans for Imagination being floated around like always, healthier budget than what I was told prior due to a miscommunication (backed up by others like good ol Martin!), and that's happening by EPCOT50. SSE is just being done prior in my eyes because that space is already having work done in it, and it hasn't been touched since 2007, may as well get it up to date!

Magic Eye is an interesting factor in all of this since that could very well "skip" Imagination the Ride. But now I'm just spit balling. But Imagination is an active topic and they're always talking about what to do with it. I know that's not the ideal outcome currently, but hey, it's not like they can hold it off forever.

If you ask me? SSE at Destination D23 next year. Closes by end of next year or early 2026.

Homemade Imagineering

How well does it stay in sync and where do you start it?
I started at load & then into the attraction, I was the only one on it at the time since it was during EF & the park was about to close. Got lucky, not too many stops because of that, but from what I remember it was pretty well synched! The track slowed down a bit in parts so that caused it to get a little awkward but I was able to adjust it throughout

Homemade Imagineering

Basically what DreamfinderGuy said. I just used the term "line" to make it easier to understand for myself and readers here.

It's not tooooo recent either, I've always had people telling me SSE was gonna be before Imagination. I still believe Imagination is coming after SSE is back online, but yeah they're likely still planning that out.

There's plans for Imagination being floated around like always, healthier budget than what I was told prior due to a miscommunication (backed up by others like good ol Martin!), and that's happening by EPCOT50. SSE is just being done prior in my eyes because that space is already having work done in it, and it hasn't been touched since 2007, may as well get it up to date!

Magic Eye is an interesting factor in all of this since that could very well "skip" Imagination the Ride. But now I'm just spit balling. But Imagination is an active topic and they're always talking about what to do with it. I know that's not the ideal outcome currently, but hey, it's not like they can hold it off forever.

If you ask me? SSE at Destination D23 next year. Closes by end of next year or early 2026.
I’m happy to hear the confirmation of a healthier budget for JII. Only thing that concerns me is the whole thing with the execs failing to agree on a plan, when in reality they’ve got an easy option of bringing back the original as close as they can get it. It is doable without the turntable, I hope they take this direction (with proper budget etc…). A little worried someone up there still wants to shove more Pixar into the ride itself, but I’m confident Figment will still be there no matter the case.

Focusing on the better news for now, I’m happy the SSE stuff seems to be well underway, that timeline for announcements makes alot of sense. I could easily see that one as a Destination D announcement, considering how they announced TT 3.0, & then I’m hopeful they’ll save Imagination for the next big D23 reveal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom