Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

Moth

I do want SSE updated, but I'm scared of it turning into IP. I hope they will respect the classic attraction and even if updating it, keep it IP free.
SSE is not getting IP and will remain IP-less if what's been going around holds.

Either is no-IP or it stays at 2007 until they back off on IP in it.

SSE is going to be interesting if it goes before Imagination, especially with the lounge in the works.

tparris

SSE runs on Windows 8 lol
IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg

Homemade Imagineering

Decided to sit down and watch a ride thru of 2007 SSE and give thought to the music and... I don't hate it as much as I remembered? I even... Love it? Especially the matrix tunnel music? God that's powerful.

Whoever is composing SSE 5, I hope they know the task at hand and can bring their A-game.
Aside the dreadful descent it remains my favorite WDW attraction even in its current state. I know the structural issues are there, but show wise the current attraction could be improved just by adding in a brand new descent. Heck, I wouldn’t mind if they kept the Bruce Broughton score & only plussed scenic elements in the second half.

Getting rid of the damn Windows monitor is the first order of business

Sneaky

Decided to sit down and watch a ride thru of 2007 SSE and give thought to the music and... I don't hate it as much as I remembered? I even... Love it? Especially the matrix tunnel music? God that's powerful.

Whoever is composing SSE 5, I hope they know the task at hand and can bring their A-game.
Spaceship earth and LWTL are the last bastions of old Epcot. Even without the decent they are still as good.

MerlinTheGoat

Unironically, I wonder if that relates to any of the frequently software malfunctions in the equipment in recent years. They were likely running XP (or maybe even 2000) when the current version of the ride first opened. Vista was brand new when the ride was being developed, but it was notoriously slow and buggy compared to both past and even future versions of Windows.

Moth

Bring back "Tomorrow's Child"?
Mmm.... I don't think it needs to come back honestly? I think the 1994 descent music or 2007's 'looking at Earth from Space"/'Tomorrow' theme fit more as 'themes' for SSE.

SSE is a thing of majesty, as a concept and as a structure, I feel laying more into the orchestral/instrumental themes for it would suit it more than a vocal one. But I wouldn't scoff at a more 'grand' version of Tomorrow's Child, something like the one Martin had in his 1982/86 tribute video around the 34:08 mark. (If your reading this, I wanna find that version of the song in full!)

I'd be extremely happy if it came back with visuals to accompany it, but I wouldn't be upset if it missed out.

I just want the screeeennnssss gone. They ruin the descent because of how bright they are.

Earlie the Pearlie

Mmm.... I don't think it needs to come back honestly? I think the 1994 descent music or 2007's 'looking at Earth from Space"/'Tomorrow' theme fit more as 'themes' for SSE.

SSE is a thing of majesty, as a concept and as a structure, I feel laying more into the orchestral/instrumental themes for it would suit it more than a vocal one. But I wouldn't scoff at a more 'grand' version of Tomorrow's Child, something like the one Martin had in his 1982/86 tribute video around the 34:08 mark. (If your reading this, I wanna find that version of the song in full!)

I'd be extremely happy if it came back with visuals to accompany it, but I wouldn't be upset if it missed out.

I just want the screeeennnssss gone. They ruin the descent because of how bright they are.
Agreed. I like the 94 score the best because it has an air of mystery that the others lack. You can’t beat Bach’s Sinfonia 2 in C Minor!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

I guess I'm just a nostalgic 80s kid... the thing about EPCOT music was that it wasn't just music for music's sake, it was music that neatly summed up the mission statement of an attraction and often served as the call to action. Tomorrow's Child, Listen to the Land, New Horizons, Universe of Energy, Imagination... if you listen to those songs, you clearly understand the reason each of those accompanying attractions was built and for a park built without any IPs, that was really important. I love keeping SSE IP less, but I also like the idea of a song at the end that wraps up the mission of the ride neatly... be that Tomorrow's Child or something new...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom