Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

WorldExplorer

See, for a Spaceship Earth redo, I don't WANT elaborate, I want them to barely touch it and then leave.

If more elaborate means just making the animatronics work better, that's great and the only thing I want them to do other than removing the "Your Future" thing and adding something on the descent. They're not going to make anything else better.

Edit: Exception made for track fixes.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Expect it to be similar in scope to the 2019 refurb in that the whole thing will be getting love (minus the Earth Station rebuild obviously, the lounge and new landscaping kind of preclude that). It won't be the cheap "new narrator and a proper descent" quick fix that many here have spent the last few years speculating about. Not really at liberty to say much more, only that work is being done.
do you think that area will be addressed with a good amount of attention at least?

FN2BFRE

Expect it to be similar in scope to the 2019 refurb in that the whole thing will be getting love (minus the Earth Station rebuild obviously, the lounge and new landscaping kind of preclude that). It won't be the cheap "new narrator and a proper descent" quick fix that many here have spent the last few years speculating about. Not really at liberty to say much more, only that work is being done.
Obviously you can't give away too much, but very generally/broadly speaking, do you think the people here will be, at the very least, content with the changes, or is something more controversial coming?

DreamfinderGuy

Obviously you can't give away too much, but very generally/broadly speaking, do you think the people here will be, at the very least, content with the changes, or is something more controversial coming?
I really don't have enough information at this time to answer that. I'm not aware of specifics, just murmurs of things that have been discussed and that the ball has started rolling quicker over the last month or so (figuratively at least, I'm pretty sure the building is still stationary)

My gut says they're gonna do it right. I don't think they would bother giving it a healthy budget otherwise.
To collaborate, it's more elaborate than what people have been expecting for a SSE re-do. I am curious on the timeline of this project though, especially with the lounge being done. The lounge likely won't effect it, but it does get my brain going.
Lounge should be finished before the main ride ever goes down. I imagine at most it might get a temporary closure during whatever overhaul occurs in Project Tomorrow. Honestly I'm more curious than anything about that, part of the rebuild that they planned for that space in 2019 was eliminating the need for a new post show area. Makes me wonder if we'll see a new post show or some variant of the 2019 plan perhaps with additional track/a larger interior queue. I have no information about that, simply spitballing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom