Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

StantonZ

I attended the Retro Magic convention at Beach Club last month. Retired Imagineering Legend Bob Gurr told us that he was brought in to look at issues with the track system before Epcot opened. He evaluated all the options available at the time and told WDI that buying wheels by the truckload would be more cost effective and reliable than the other options.
I attended that same convention/session and concur; it was also cool to meet Bob Gurr in person.
Can't wait for the next RetroWDW event (I think they said a couple of years)!

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
I attended that same convention/session and concur; it was also cool to meet Bob Gurr in person.
Can't wait for the next RetroWDW event (I think they said a couple of years)!
I wish I was as on the ball as Bob is at 92. It was two days of awesome. They said 18 months, that would put it in the middle of the Spring Break crowds in April 2025. Hopefully, they adjust the date to avoid the crowds and also keep it at Beach Club.

Thelazer

You know, I don't mind the super clunky stuff as you go uphill into the first scene. If they would remove the stupid screens and keep the area dark, makes it really feel like your in a time machine and you never know what could happen.

Dragonman

You know, I don't mind the super clunky stuff as you go uphill into the first scene. If they would remove the stupid screens and keep the area dark, makes it really feel like your in a time machine and you never know what could happen.
It used to be like that originally, super dark with fog machines.

tparris

There used to be an effect on SSE of a chariot driving down a road in the Roman Road scene. It was removed during the 2007 refurb because a senior Imagineer thought it looked cheesy.
Oh, gotcha. That sounds like something that could be pulled off well with today’s technology, assuming it was some sort of projection

tparris

the torches off in the distance and heading up the mountain were also animated to look like they were in motion...and was not cheesy looking at all.......I have not seen that effect running since the chariot animation went away...
Are you talking about the moving lights going along the roads in the background? If so, that effect was actually brought back recently

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom