Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can't count how many posts I've seen over the years begging for them to use Morgan Freeman.

Personally, I think I'd like to hear a lesser-known voice - there's something a little distracting about having it be someone everybody recognizes immediately. There's loads of great talent out there who have the wisdom and gravity to do the ride justice. For whatever reason, Noma Dumezweni came to mind for me. I feel like her voice could be a great fit.

I also think a lesser-known voice could work...especially since so many famous people have "baggage" that comes to light (not Dame Judi, but others I would have suggested like Neil Degrasse Tyson) or have political affiliations that don't line up with everyone. It's a challenging time to be a famous person that shares an opinion about something.

The other thing is that none of the previous narrators introduced themselves during the ride, we just knew by their voice or by hearing who it was.

aladdin2007

Nope. Hopefully to fix it before the damage is irreparable
why am I getting odd feelings thats exactly what they would like to see happen, so they can play that card and just no longer have it.
Far fetched I know, but is it really that far fetched with the way they operate and want to save costs now? Let it get so bad they just have to close it and say too damaged beyond repair so it will no longer be a ride etc.

DreamfinderGuy

This was the plan.
Really? I've seen bits and pieces of what I assume was the final plan and recall there still being post-show area in the building. Not to the scale of Project Tomorrow, but small spaces that carried on the story light gimmick. Possible I'm mixing this up with some kind of indoor queue space?

Nerdman3000

They won't need to. AI has taken over for James.

"Jones had signed off on Disney using recordings of his voice and Respeecher's software to “keep Vader alive.”
Lol, imagine they use his voice to narrate but because of the exact wording of the deal, it ends up being in his specific Vader voice that’s narrating all menacingly.

Piebald

I'm not sure if there's another appropriate thread for this but I'm at Epcot right now and there's a good amount of bulbs out in the front of SE if you're walking into the park. It's one thing for like one light in a Christmas tree to be out but this is a bit glaring. Has this been like this for a while?

James Alucobond

I'm not sure if there's another appropriate thread for this but I'm at Epcot right now and there's a good amount of bulbs out in the front of SE if you're walking into the park. It's one thing for like one light in a Christmas tree to be out but this is a bit glaring. Has this been like this for a while?
Typically, if something's out, it's only partially out. Like, the starburst will stop working, but other colors will still function correctly, making it only apparent that something's out during certain configurations. But yes, there was a point either last year or earlier this year when several had an issue or two, and they got replaced in bulk sometime thereafter, though not necessarily quickly enough for my taste.

tparris

Typically, if something's out, it's only partially out. Like, the starburst will stop working, but other colors will still function correctly, making it only apparent that something's out during certain configurations. But yes, there was a point either last year or earlier this year when several had an issue or two, and they got replaced in bulk sometime thereafter, though not necessarily quickly enough for my taste.
One of the starbursts has been out in the front for over a year now, and there’s a few bulbs near the front right leg of SSE that are working, but they’re noticeably dimmer than the rest of the lights. The other day, one of the lights was perpetually stuck as bright pink, even when the rest of the lights were off.

Piebald

Attachments

• 20230916_201251.jpg
    20230916_201251.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 67

celluloid

The other thing is that none of the previous narrators introduced themselves during the ride, we just knew by their voice or by hearing who it was.

Wakter Cronkite is on another level, especially for that generation of his.

Irons pretty strong too. It definitely has to be someone of that caliber to work.

DisneyCane

Riding SSE makes me sad at this point. The ride truly feels like it is struggling just to move along the track, and it desperately needs at least a basic refurbishment.
I feel the same. Rode the other day and it is just in terrible shape. There was a screeching noise near the ruins of Rome scene that sounded like the track was ripping apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom