Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

kimmychad

Yeah basically without a date we all are "maybes" - which is OK - we can still plan a meet and the people who can come will be there! :lol:

SweetMagic - thanks for providing the "meat" to this "meet" - I hadn't figured out how to do multiple quotes yet. Sheesh. :eek:

lol i just figured out how to quote a week or two ago

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Okily dokily.....

There was an update to the logo I submitted:
SEPARTYLOGOHIRESresize-1.jpg

It was just a minor change to the lower text to give it some highlighting so it would be easier to read.

As mentioned before, I did set up a shop with this logo on a number of items.

This is the link: Spaceship Earth Re-Opening Logo Merchandise

Many of the items are set up so that you can customize them and put your own screen name or, if you'd like, your real name on them. *Please keep in mind if you buy something you are buying it from zazzle.com not me personally - I just created the logo and put it up there.

There has also been a call for more artwork to be submitted - anybody with any desgin ideas are more than welcome to submit their work on here. If you happen to like my design - GREAT! If you like someone else's - ALSO GREAT! Seriously, everybody should get what they like if they are going to get something - I know that sounds kinda basic but I felt like it needed to be said. (Don't wanna step on anybody's toes - Im just thrilled we have another reason to meet up! :sohappy:)

...We are all waiting to find out the date. Maybe Horizons78 can make a few calls for us. :p

My sources are the same as alot of folks around here - Im basing my statement on a general concensus from martin, lee and a couple of others. They have been, as far as I can remember, pretty much dead on target with info. I would definitely think one of these guys will have more info closer to the date they were trying to make.

I think Adam might have the best chance of getting something semi-official when he talks to Jim Mccphee the next time but that all depends on whether he can get something "off the record" which really wouldn't be right to turn around and post it here. I dunno....I think we are just gonna have to wait this one out.

As of right now, I plan on being there. For those of you who are interested in Mousefest, John Corigliano (the guy who did our history walks for Celebration 25) and I will most likely be doing a Spaceship Earth ride meet for the Epcot day of the overall event. I will also be there at PodFest...

Yeppers. Gonna be going to Mousefest this year for the first time also. I've heard so much about it so I expect to be blown away. We need to all get together while we are there. :wave:

It depends on what the pitch of your event is. Is this just a meet on Spaceship Earth? A full day meet? Are there any other activities taking place other than attraction meets? If you can give me an idea of what you are planning, I can see what advice or services I may offer. I have another meeting with Mr. Macphee planned to take place soon, so if you guys have a better idea of when, where and what is taking place, I can slip it in to the conversation if need be.

I think slipping it into the conversation would be the ideal situation to be honest. I agree with others in the sense that we don't need permission for a group this small - BUT - at the same time who knows what freebie's or privelages we might get just by asking. You never know till you ask! (I still think it would be cool to have some sort of trivia contest for prizes maybe right after lunch. We would already be together in a group and it would give people time to sit and let their food digest, relax, etc. Im sure that would need permission though.)

We also had planned some "friendly competition" in Project Tomorrow. I haven't been in there yet but plan to check it out this Thurs before I head to MNSSHP. I also think we need to do a group walk-through of Innoventions. And the EPCOT exhibit.

Where's Str8fan and Horizons78? :eek: Get over here, guys! :lol:

Sorry - I split my day up between sleep, football, food, more sleep, some more football, and just to spice up the variety.......more sleep. :lol:

Ugh...it better be open by January 4th, or I'll kill a kitten:lookaroun

I'll be praying for the kittens. :lol::hammer:

Scott M

I'll be there from Nov. 2nd through the 7th. If it's open by then, count me in.

When the refurb was originally announced, Spaceship Earth was supposed to be reopened by then. It doesn't look that way now though.

Scott

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i know i can trust you as well to take a lot of pictures of the decent for me.... and im sure ill get a good verbal description too.
I'll see if I can borrow the mother in laws Rebel SLR. It will take considerably better shots in the low light then the camera I have. Or I could always just be a bad boy and turn on the flash.....:lookaroun

Figment82

On a SSE related note, there is a brand new "retro style" postcard for sale at Mouse Gear (and most likely other locations). It has an image of SSE from the wand side, but it is a very old photo as it still has the acrylic monoliths visible. The whole postcard is given the "Las Vegas" treatment as I call it, as it has a shine effect to it that gives the image motion when you move it. Just a heads up if you're planning on visiting the park soon and are looking for more vintage-esque merchandise.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i wont tell. hmmm, the Rebel, does that come with Andre Aggassi attitude and bald head? :lol:
Well if it turns out like the soft opening of PotC then using the flash will not be a problem. The first few rides on that day you would have thought that WDI put strobe lights in every scene.

loweyan

Rawr

Comedy? did someone ask for comedy.....?

Came to the wrong place ;) j/k

I hope we can get a permanent date so that we can all firm up the times and get as many people as we can there.

Dream Hard!
Marcus

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom