Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

jedimaster1227

As of right now, I plan on being there. For those of you who are interested in Mousefest, John Corigliano (the guy who did our history walks for Celebration 25) and I will most likely be doing a Spaceship Earth ride meet for the Epcot day of the overall event. I will also be there at PodFest...

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
As of right now, I plan on being there. For those of you who are interested in Mousefest, John Corigliano (the guy who did our history walks for Celebration 25) and I will most likely be doing a Spaceship Earth ride meet for the Epcot day of the overall event. I will also be there at PodFest...

Never heard of Mousefest - when is this?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We shall have the "Meet Monty Meet '08" :D
Works for me! Heck, I'll even show up! :lol:

I have managed to meet four WDWMagicers thus far. MKT, TwoTigersMom, SillySpook13 and Figment1986 have all met with me. TwoTigersMom [and her kids] drove five hours to Huntsville, Alabama just to meet lil' ol' me :eek:

If weekends work best for people, either Sunday, 3 Feb in MK or Saturday, 9 Feb in DHS [currently MGM] would be perfect! My schedule is already set for my trip, subject to the addition of a P&PP on night in there...

DisneyDellsDude

Thanks for that info. Sounds like fun! Maybe I'll be able to attend. I really have to start thinking through what we'll be doing on our trip. (More like what we'll have time for on our trip:lol:). It's going to be busy, but fun.:D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
If it opens on NOV 14th like its supposed to.... then I might be there. If not... then, I dunno :shrug:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Works for me! Heck, I'll even show up! :lol:

I have managed to meet four WDWMagicers thus far. MKT, TwoTigersMom, SillySpook13 and Figment1986 have all met with me. TwoTigersMom [and her kids] drove five hours to Huntsville, Alabama just to meet lil' ol' me :eek:

If weekends work best for people, either Sunday, 3 Feb in MK or Saturday, 9 Feb in DHS [currently MGM] would be perfect! My schedule is already set for my trip, subject to the addition of a P&PP on night in there...

I think you should share your itinerary when it gets closer. Maybe there will be a Feb. '08 thread in the Trip Planning Forum. If not, we will just start the "Meet Monty Meet" thread ourselves :wave:

Oh, and you better show up Mister :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
If you thought Celebration 25 was big, just wait until you see this! This is my first year attending, but I've been assured that it is THE best Disney fan meet held annually (so far :animwink:). http://www.mousefest.org/default.asp

I'm worried about getting time off Thurs and Fri of Mousefest. I really want to go but I have a very demanding job for a doctor that expects me at work. I will register but I am afraid it will only be for Fri night through the weekend. Thanks for the link. I am surprised there is no thread for this on our boards....

I sure hope SSE opens a few weeks before this - it would be nice if they are on target!

wbt06

stupid collage keeps me from being able to go to Disney lol. I know this wont happen but if it is after the first week of December (finals:hurl:) i would be able to make it. i try to go to Disney around Christmas time every year.

jedimaster1227

I'm worried about getting time off Thurs and Fri of Mousefest. I really want to go but I have a very demanding job for a doctor that expects me at work. I will register but I am afraid it will only be for Fri night through the weekend. Thanks for the link. I am surprised there is no thread for this on our boards....

I sure hope SSE opens a few weeks before this - it would be nice if they are on target!

I understand your schedule can make things difficult- after doing Celebration 25, my school schedule seemed like such a pain! But, if you can free up Saturday and Sunday, those are the two main days of the event, with Saturday being Epcot-based.

I'm looking forward to this meet, and if you need any assistance (hosting the event on a website, working with Disney and such), don't hesitate to ask! :animwink:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
"Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
14. mousefan1972 - (but only if it's between 12/20 and 12/27)
15. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 -

A whole lot of these folks are maybe's , but I added them anyway :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 -

A whole lot of these folks are maybe's , but I added them anyway :wave:
:lookaroun

Oh sure! My maybe was too maybe-ish to be listed? :fork:

:ROFLOL:

j/k, I think it's safe they'll open before February...

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm looking forward to this meet, and if you need any assistance (hosting the event on a website, working with Disney and such), don't hesitate to ask! :animwink:

We were talking before about the fact that this will probably end up being a small group and that there would be no need to contact Disney, but I'm wondering what your opinion is on group size and at what point it might become necessary to contact Disney for this, or any gathering?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 -
18. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer:

:D

coasterphil

As long as it isn't on a Friday or Saturday (thats when I'm working over at MGM) I should be able to make it. If it's before Dec. 4th then I'll have to work around school to see how much of the day I can spend at the park, if its after I'm wide open except for work.

jedimaster1227

We were talking before about the fact that this will probably end up being a small group and that there would be no need to contact Disney, but I'm wondering what your opinion is on group size and at what point it might become necessary to contact Disney for this, or any gathering?

It depends on what the pitch of your event is. Is this just a meet on Spaceship Earth? A full day meet? Are there any other activities taking place other than attraction meets? If you can give me an idea of what you are planning, I can see what advice or services I may offer. I have another meeting with Mr. Macphee planned to take place soon, so if you guys have a better idea of when, where and what is taking place, I can slip it in to the conversation if need be.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My plans, as it stands for now, is to arrive NOV 14th.... and leave on the 21st (to avoid the Turkey Day crowds). So hopefully... SSE will be open, or will open sometime within that time frame. If not... I might be able to tweak my trip plans a bit. :wave:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
It depends on what the pitch of your event is. Is this just a meet on Spaceship Earth? A full day meet? Are there any other activities taking place other than attraction meets? If you can give me an idea of what you are planning, I can see what advice or services I may offer. I have another meeting with Mr. Macphee planned to take place soon, so if you guys have a better idea of when, where and what is taking place, I can slip it in to the conversation if need be.

OH - we are for sure making a whole day of it! :lol: There will be an SSE meet but I am guessing we will do group rides on everything.

We don't know who is in charge. I just got this a thread of it's own because we had hijacked Merf's baleful November thread. I don't think a meet of this small stature needs a person in charge. IMHO. Granted if someone steps up to the plate and wants to go for it, then great. I really think that government by the people will work in this case.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

What we have talked about so far includes a full days worth of riding SSE and other rides, and possibly lunch at one of the CS locations, but nothing else has come up yet. There was someone who had asked if we should let Mr. Macphee know we were coming, but I think the general consensus was that this was too small and simple to go to any extremes.

That's all we have so far...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom