Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
What we have talked about so far includes a full days worth of riding SSE and other rides, and possibly lunch at one of the CS locations, but nothing else has come up yet. There was someone who had asked if we should let Mr. Macphee know we were coming, but I think the general consensus was that this was too small and simple to go to any extremes.

That's all we have so far...

Yeah... sounds good....

If anything... I might stop by... say hi.. and ride a couple/few times.. and be on my merry way. I'm not a big meet kinda guy. :lol:

Put me down for myself, and +1

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
What we have talked about so far includes a full days worth of riding SSE and other rides, and possibly lunch at one of the CS locations, but nothing else has come up yet. There was someone who had asked if we should let Mr. Macphee know we were coming, but I think the general consensus was that this was too small and simple to go to any extremes.

We also had planned some "friendly competition" in Project Tomorrow. I haven't been in there yet but plan to check it out this Thurs before I head to MNSSHP. I also think we need to do a group walk-through of Innoventions. And the EPCOT exhibit.

Where's Str8fan and Horizons78? :eek: Get over here, guys! :lol:

jedimaster1227

OH - we are for sure making a whole day of it! :lol: There will be an SSE meet but I am guessing we will do group rides on everything.

We don't know who is in charge. I just got this a thread of it's own because we had hijacked Merf's baleful November thread. I don't think a meet of this small stature needs a person in charge. IMHO. Granted if someone steps up to the plate and wants to go for it, then great. I really think that government by the people will work in this case.

I agree that this event is small enough to let everyone dictate, but keep in mind that you will need someone to create your schedule and keep the thread up to date. I'm not in any way saying I want to do that (I'm taking a short break from planning major fan events- at least until I return from France), but I'm just reminding you that it will have to be done.

Alright, that sounds fine. Remember though, don't plan anything that you couldn't do as a normal guest. We needed special approval for our sign in tables, history walks and media event. Since this isn't that big of an event and a media event or sign in tables won't be needed, that shouldn't be an issue, but the worst thing that could happen is you could have security break up your group in the middle of an activity that you planned. If there is anything not within the scale of a group meal or attraction meet, I would be happy to assist you in approaching the right people for proper approval- otherwise, you should be set! :D

Count me in! In fact, make mine a party of two. I'm sure Marcus will want to go too!

Marcus will make this meet all the better. Still the best comedian present in Celebration 25's attendees! :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
We also had planned some "friendly competition" in Project Tomorrow. I haven't been in there yet but plan to check it out this Thurs before I head to MNSSHP. I also think we need to do a group walk-through of Innoventions. And the EPCOT exhibit.

Where's Str8fan and Horizons78? :eek: Get over here, guys! :lol:

Yeah, the post-show areas too... definitely stopping in the post-show areas... definitely :lookaroun

no more Rain Man for me *turns off tv* :eek:

Figment571

Huuurrrm..... If it's right before Thanksgiving I could get my mom to go before we get on the cruise for Thanksgiving. She's having Disney separation anxieties, and it's only been since August

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
"Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
14. mousefan1972 - (but only if it's between 12/20 and 12/27)
15. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 -
18. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer:
19. sillyspook13 - 2
20. Figment571 - 6
21. chels26 - 2
22. LeeLee D -
23. TinkerBell9988 -
24. Epcotrob - 1

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I agree that this event is small enough to let everyone dictate, but keep in mind that you will need someone to create your schedule and keep the thread up to date. I'm not in any way saying I want to do that (I'm taking a short break from planning major fan events- at least until I return from France), but I'm just reminding you that it will have to be done.

Alright, that sounds fine. Remember though, don't plan anything that you couldn't do as a normal guest. We needed special approval for our sign in tables, history walks and media event. Since this isn't that big of an event and a media event or sign in tables won't be needed, that shouldn't be an issue, but the worst thing that could happen is you could have security break up your group in the middle of an activity that you planned. If there is anything not within the scale of a group meal or attraction meet, I would be happy to assist you in approaching the right people for proper approval- otherwise, you should be set! :D

Thanks Adam! When do you leave for France?

chels26

please count me in! of course, like every one else, it depends on the date. so im a maybe, but count me in! (plus 1)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Glad to help! I leave next Friday (October 19th) and return October 27th... 8 days without my internet fix... Its gunna hurt! :lol:
you can do it... i went 2 years without cable and home internet. 8 days is a breeze, lol

1 thing, i expect extreme dedication of picture for those of us who cant make the opening for SSE and also wont be returning to WDW until their unborn child reaches at least 3-4 years old or 40" (which ever comes first :D) im not going to get greedy and ask for video :lol:

TinkerBell9988

Once I find out the exact date, I am SO totally there. :D

I know it probably won't be opening November 14 because its behind schedule. But as long as I know in advance, I can work out my classes and such, and then it will be like Celebration 25 part II. :lol:

Figment82

I've been hearing bad news in regards to SSE's reopening. It now is sounding more and more like it won't even be opening this year but rather early next year. I think the official date is now "Winter."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've been hearing bad news in regards to SSE's reopening. It now is sounding more and more like it won't even be opening this year but rather early next year. I think the official date is now "Winter."
:sohappy:

2-10 February, here we come! :D

:lookaroun

:eek:

:( sorry

:lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About SSE mouse ears..

They have a grey cap portion. They just released a new Haunted Mansion pair of Mouse Ears over at DLR - and it has a grey cap with bats printed onto it. We already knew they had silver ears to put on the cap.

So i will really be surprised if SSE opens without there being official ears to buy.

Figment82

About SSE mouse ears..

They have a grey cap portion. They just released a new Haunted Mansion pair of Mouse Ears over at DLR - and it has a grey cap with bats printed onto it. We already knew they had silver ears to put on the cap.

So i will really be surprised if SSE opens without there being official ears to buy.

Well the idea is always out there... who knows what the future may bring...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom