Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

rainfully

Well I guess you can go ahead and put me down as the first confirmed, aboslutely WILL be there... :lol: I only work nights... and I've been planning on being there first thing in the AM since SSE went down... so I'm definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! :)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Here is the proposed, rough schedule that EpcotServo had in the other thread. Anyone care to comment/take over/add to it/subtract from it?

Well I was waiting to see if anyone else had a comment but I haven't seen one yet, so I'll give my opinion...

Merf had mentioned once that sometimes rides are not actually ready to go right at 9am on opening day, so we may need to allot more time to SSE in case it's not open right away, or has to be stopped frequently for quick fixes, so for that reason I might just change it to read like this:

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

Plus group picture while at SSE and still fairly fresh :lol:

12pm
Lunch. Electric Umbrella a good choice
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who get's the top score at Mission Controlling

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S :animwink:

3pm: we had a request for an IceCream stop and a Beverly stop!

4pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

Plus we need to stay flexible in case SSE goes caput and we have to completely shuffle the schedule at the last minute.

Whaddya think?

Epcotrob

Well I was waiting to see if anyone else had a comment but I haven't seen one yet, so I'll give my opinion...

Merf had mentioned once that sometimes rides are not actually ready to go right at 9am on opening day, so we may need to allot more time to SSE in case it's not open right away, or has to be stopped frequently for quick fixes, so for that reason I might just change it to read like this:

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

Plus group picture while at SSE and still fairly fresh :lol:

12pm
Lunch. Electric Umbrella a good choice
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who get's the top score at Mission Controlling

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S :animwink:

3pm: we had a request for an IceCream stop and a Beverly stop!

4pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

Plus we need to stay flexible in case SSE goes caput and we have to completely shuffle the schedule at the last minute.

Whaddya think?

Yeah for the Beverly. I did 25 shots on the anniversary and still want more.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Also, what happens if it opens on a morning EMH day? That would totally throw things off. :(

Yup, you're right on that. Plus if it waits until Seasonal blockout dates for Passholders some of us are in trouble too!

Lots of things could happen being that we don't have a date yet, but we'll figure 'em out when the time comes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, if it opens before December 1, I could show up for a bit (have to spend the rest of the day with the entire family, you know :) ). We're there until Dec. 9, so if it opens after then, I'm devastated that I can't ride SSE this year and will miss the meet. ;)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yeah for the Beverly. I did 25 shots on the anniversary and still want more.

I about killed my poor unsuspecting boyfriend that day with the Beverly. I told him you guys had found a really great soda to try. So yeah, I blamed it on the forum :king: (needed an angel smiley with halo)

Surprisingly I found that I could drink the stuff :veryconfu

ChrisFL

Premium Member
About the SSE re-opening, I hope they don't make the beginning of the ride more screwed up, remembering the screens they added to let people know the ride is going to turn around.

I mean its going to be really bad if it shows that and an announcement comes on saying:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Spaceship Earth is a VERY slow moving time travel vehicle, however if the ride breaks down in the dark ages, you're NOT REALLY in the dark ages and can be rescued. When the vehicle starts to turn around, it is not becoming a rollercoaster and you will not go upside down."

haveyoumetmark

I'm so in it's unreal. After missing C25, I'm SO there, instead of having regret. me +1 if it's before December, mid or after December, it's just me. :)

Figment1986

I'm in as a maybe....

depends on classes / finals / projects / days / and freedom!

Hopefully its on a friday or weekend.

otherwise i can get there in the afternoon.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Updated:

"Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
14. mousefan1972 - (only if it's between 12/20 and 12/27)
15. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 - 2
18. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer:
19. sillyspook13 - 2
20. Figment571 - 6
21. chels26 - 2
22. LeeLee D -
23. TinkerBell9988 -
24. Epcotrob - 1
25. PhilharMagician - (only between 11/15 and 12/1)
26. ChrisFL - 1
27. Master Yoda -
28. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
29. danesporty -
30. t3techcom18 -
31. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
32. HauntedPirate -
33. haveyoumetmark - 2
34. Figment1986 -
35. convrsboy -
36. Lee -
37. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
38. Boray - 11/26-11/30
39. Jekyll Baker -
40. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12

PKD

Me, too. I am nervous that it will be on a day that my doctor sees patients which is a no-no to miss. If it is on a surgery day I can be there. Or I can cancel patients and put him in an OR. :ROFLOL:

I'm glad that calling in sick for me doesn't require that much effort :p

Add me as well.

PS: The new Marquees are on their way as we speak

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Just dropping by to see how things are coming along.....:wave:

It's awesome to see the # of people attending continue to grow!

Boray

I'll be there if it's between Nov. 26 and Nov. 30. I'll have my family (4 of us) and my kids would LOVE to be part of it! SSE is one of their favorites in all of WDW (currently, they are feeling down at the prospect of it NOT being open when we're there this year.) I'm sure if it opens while we're there, this would be a highlight of our trip.

Count us in (if the timing works out)! :sohappy::wave::p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom