Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Girl power :sohappy::cool:

We have women planning this meet?? Fitting since they're late on the refurb schedule. *ducks* :lol:

Ok so... help! In the last few days I have had an opportunity arise where I can visit Los Angeles and Disneyland from Nov. 7 - 14. I wish I knew something about SSE and the 14th. The official Disney site still has SSE being open on Nov. 14 and it's less than a month away. If something is delayed, at what point is Disney going to change their calendar? I guess mostly, I want opinions on what my chances are, really, that this thing is going to be delayed. There has been a whole lotta talk about a delay, but does anyone know for sure?

HELP :cry: My sleeper is broken trying to figure out what to do :brick:

How about this. I'll go to DL for you and you can wait for SSE to open.

MAN! I wanna go to DL bad!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Thanks for the laugh!!!! I still look at your CNN-looking kitten report and laugh.

That's the shirt I want.:king:

You asked - We answered...

IMG_1193shirt1.jpg

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
We have women planning this meet?? Fitting since they're late on the refurb schedule. *ducks* :lol:

At least when it gets here we'll be at SSE, rather than driving around in circles all day looking for it because we're unable to stop and ask for directions :animwink:

How about this. I'll go to DL for you and you can wait for SSE to open.

MAN! I wanna go to DL bad!

Nah, thanks anyway, but I think I'll go. SSE will wait for me, I have faith :king:

(I did book the trip by the way... so SSE better wait!!)

You asked - We answered...

IMG_1193shirt1.jpg

There it is, I knew you could do it! Now that's definitely "Plan C"!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Nope, no date yet. Lots of guesses and rumors, but no date.

I do think that we should get back to finishing the schedule though, in case we do get a date and it's really short notice. So Shannon and anyone else who's helping put this together were you all happy with the last draft of the schedule, or do you have suggestions for changes?

This was the most recent draft, which included everyone's requests plus additional time in the morning for SSE in case it has technical difficulties early on:

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

Plus group picture while at SSE and still fairly fresh :lol:

12pm
Lunch. Electric Umbrella a good choice
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who gets the top score at Mission Controlling

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S :animwink:

3pm: we had a request for an IceCream stop and a Beverly stop!

4pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

Any comments? Suggestions?

Jekyll_Baker

I do think that we should get back to finishing the schedule though, in case we do get a date and it's really short notice. So Shannon and anyone else who's helping put this together were you all happy with the last draft of the schedule, or do you have suggestions for changes?

This was the most recent draft, which included everyone's requests plus additional time in the morning for SSE in case it has technical difficulties early on:

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Who's the best at what?

12pm
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
&

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S :animwink:

4pm:

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

Schedule sounds pretty good to me - easily done if I can make it down on a day trip. A day trip for me usually has me leaving home about 6am to get to WDW around 9-10am, and I usually leave WDW between 4-6pm to get home early enough to get settled and sleep before work the next morning.

PhilharMagician

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Who's the best at what?

12pm
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
&

4pm:

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

6PM Germany "BEER" Group toast while looking across lagoon at SSE. :lookaroun

AEfx

Ok. So do we have a good educated guess of when it will open yet? What's happening?

Well just for craps and smiles I sent an email off to Disney a couple of days ago asking about it. I didn't expect to find anything earth shattering out, and my expectations were fufilled, LOL.

In my email I said many other sites were reporting that the opening will be delayed, yet Disney's website is still saying it will open on the 14th. I am taking a family trip that is leaving a couple of days later, and we have one of those last days scheduled at Epcot just for this.

I was told that there are many such websites out there, but only Disney's is "official" and I should check there closer to my travel dates. Um...I'm leaving in just over a week LOL. How much closer can I get?

I'll be honest, although the rumor has been posted elsewhere, several members of this board whom I explicitly trust have said it is very far behind and if that turns out to be the case (as I expect it to) I'm really gonna have to join in the "Disney is negligent" crowd. If the project is really behind, they need to update the damn website.

I'm still hoping it will open as scheduled, but a lot of things are pointing to it not and there is no way with three weeks to go Disney doesn't know one way or the other barring future unexpected delays.

AEfx

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not trying to be a fanboy but in regards to the dates on Disney's web site, there is a pretty good chance that the suits are not being let in on how behind schedule they are if that is in fact the case. It has generally been my experience that a building superintendent will let his boss know that he is behind schedule about an hour before the deadline hits.

Regardless of when it actually opens, I'll be there the 14th to at least peek over the walls. Anyone want to join me :lookaroun...? I think we should all show up the 14th (the ones that can) since that's the only confirmed date we have, unless something changes on Disney's website before then that is.

cooleo

Count me in if it ends up being between 12/7 & 12/15. And, If it happens to be on the 14th, We can celebrate my B'Day. :sohappy:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Ok guys, so it looks like we have a 3 month extension showing on the Disney web site, so I guess it's safe to say that it's time to switch to plans "B" or "C", so I took the liberty of changing the title to reflect 2008.

I would highly suggest that anyone with small kittens keep them inside the house at all times if you live anywhere near STR8FAN2005 *ducks* :animwink:

If anyone has any update to their availability based on the new date of Feb 18/19 let me know. The Disney site says closed "to Feb. 18", so I don't know if that means it's actually open or closed on the 18th :shrug:

Anywho...

"Tomorrow's Child '08: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
14. mousefan1972 - (only if it's between 12/20 and 12/27)
15. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 - 2
18. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer::rolleyes:
19. sillyspook13 - 2
20. Figment571 - 6
21. chels26 - 2
22. LeeLee D -
23. TinkerBell9988 -
24. Epcotrob - 1
25. PhilharMagician - (only between 11/15 and 12/1)
26. ChrisFL - 1
27. Master Yoda -
28. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
29. danesporty -
30. t3techcom18 -
31. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
32. HauntedPirate -
33. haveyoumetmark - 2
34. Figment1986 -
35. convrsboy -
36. Lee -
37. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
38. Boray - 11/26-11/30
39. Jekyll Baker -
40. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12
41. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 1
42. MagliteL13 -
43. Eyorefan - Feb 2-9
44. Kristilovesdw - Nov 11-17
45. jmvd20 - mid December
46. cooleo - 12/7-12/15

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
6PM Germany "BEER" Group toast while looking across lagoon at SSE. :lookaroun

Hmmm... icecream, beverly and beer... I shall bring the tums :D

Well just for craps and smiles I sent an email off to Disney a couple of days ago asking about it. I didn't expect to find anything earth shattering out, and my expectations were fufilled, LOL.

In my email I said many other sites were reporting that the opening will be delayed, yet Disney's website is still saying it will open on the 14th. I am taking a family trip that is leaving a couple of days later, and we have one of those last days scheduled at Epcot just for this.

I was told that there are many such websites out there, but only Disney's is "official" and I should check there closer to my travel dates. Um...I'm leaving in just over a week LOL. How much closer can I get?

I'll be honest, although the rumor has been posted elsewhere, several members of this board whom I explicitly trust have said it is very far behind and if that turns out to be the case (as I expect it to) I'm really gonna have to join in the "Disney is negligent" crowd. If the project is really behind, they need to update the damn website.

I'm still hoping it will open as scheduled, but a lot of things are pointing to it not and there is no way with three weeks to go Disney doesn't know one way or the other barring future unexpected delays.

AEfx

Typical generic answer. I suspected there wouldn't be much info there, but thanks for trying! Looks like they waited for the last minute to finally update the site...

Regardless of when it actually opens, I'll be there the 14th to at least peek over the walls. Anyone want to join me :lookaroun...? I think we should all show up the 14th (the ones that can) since that's the only confirmed date we have, unless something changes on Disney's website before then that is.

Wish I could join you on the 14th to pout, but alas, this delay actually helps me because I just booked a trip to DL that week :)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Well.. unless something drastic happens... I'm still in. :wave:

Another 3 months... wow... :(

Yeah... wow... :( I agree

I'll be back to work in Feb. so if it opens on a weekday I can't wait to hear the excuse I come up with as to why I can't come to work that day. My boss isn't exactly what you'd call "Disney friendly". Guess I can give him the whole long story about the get together and how it was delayed and isn't my fault.

:eek: Ooh wait! I'll tell him it's all Monty's fault for wishing it would wait for him in Feb!!

:D

BSikor

Ok guys, so it looks like we have a 3 month extension showing on the Disney web site, so I guess it's safe to say that it's time to switch to plans "B" or "C", so I took the liberty of changing the title to reflect 2008.

I would highly suggest that anyone with small kittens keep them inside the house at all times if you live anywhere near STR8FAN2005 *ducks* :animwink:

If anyone has any update to their availability based on the new date of Feb 18/19 let me know. The Disney site says closed "to Feb. 18", so I don't know if that means it's actually open or closed on the 18th :shrug:

Anywho...

"Tomorrow's Child '08: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. DisneyDellsDude -
14. mousefan1972 - (only if it's between 12/20 and 12/27)
15. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
16. jedimaster1227 -
17. DMC-12 - 2
18. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer::rolleyes:
19. sillyspook13 - 2
20. Figment571 - 6
21. chels26 - 2
22. LeeLee D -
23. TinkerBell9988 -
24. Epcotrob - 1
25. PhilharMagician - (only between 11/15 and 12/1)
26. ChrisFL - 1
27. Master Yoda -
28. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
29. danesporty -
30. t3techcom18 -
31. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
32. HauntedPirate -
33. haveyoumetmark - 2
34. Figment1986 -
35. convrsboy -
36. Lee -
37. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
38. Boray - 11/26-11/30
39. Jekyll Baker -
40. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12
41. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 1
42. MagliteL13 -
43. Eyorefan - Feb 2-9
44. Kristilovesdw - Nov 11-17
45. jmvd20 - mid December
46. cooleo - 12/7-12/15

I'll be there (whenever it is)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom