Spaceship Earth Decent Upgrades?

HMF

Original Poster
Since we were using Futurama quotes in the gallery closing threads. I thought it would be relevant here. LOVE THE TRIANGLES!!!!.

Spyne

I don't think the touch screens in Spaceship Earth are bad. Sure, the descent could of had more effort put into it, but it's not bad by any means.

aladdin2007

Sure, the descent could of had more effort put into it, but it's not bad by any means

Nice to hear some dont think its so bad but many feel its deplorable, including myself. At least there is some new effort coming to make it better so everyone is happy. We just have to continue to be patient.

EpcotMark

Spaceship Earth will never be the same, no matter how much they try to tweak the current incarnation. It's just bad. They have lost the central message of the attraction, which taught us that communication is truly the beginning of understanding. But, as Levar Burton says, you don't have to take my word for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThcxlUMEVJ0

HMF

Original Poster
Spaceship Earth will never be the same, no matter how much they try to tweak the current incarnation. It's just bad. They have lost the central message of the attraction, which taught us that communication is truly the beginning of understanding. But, as Levar Burton says, you don't have to take my word for it!

Never say never. You never know what version 5 will be like. Very nice video. by the way.

Hrudey3032

that video sucked! I mean it didnt have Epcot.nut,Epcot Explorer,and most of all me! :ROFLOL:

j/k

EPCOT Explorer

that video sucked! I mean it didnt have Epcot.nut,Epcot Explorer,and most of all me! :ROFLOL:

j/k

Yes, where the heck was I?:fork:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Good vid though...If a bit "overdone".:lookaroun And don't jump to conclusions...You never know what inventing the future one 3rd shirt night at a time can do for a attraction.;)

See Shelley's vids last week?;)

hpyhnt 1000

Huh. Interesting video. And I was in it; that last quote was mine! :eek: :D

Jeremy Irons' narration was, by far, much more inspiring. However, it's not because of his voice, its because of the narration itself. Where Rome was once described, "east, west, north, and south - all roads led to Rome." it has now been downgraded to "Rome, built the first world wide web!" Then there are those Phoenicians and their alpahbet. And who could forget the Egyptians and their taxes. :brick:

However, the thing that makes it less inspiring today is the loss of the central message of the attraction. Just look at the following excerpt that was evoked at the end of the attraction:

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives, and changed our world. We now have the ability, and the responsibility, to create new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us; to create a better world for ourselves, and our children, as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

I ask you, where else can you find a message such as that these days? It is that message, that over arching theme, that is sorely lacking, not just in Spaceship Earth, but also in today's society.

I was in the video. :sohappy: Take that EE, EPCOT.nut, and Hrudey! :p

:lol: :wave:

Ah well, it does look like things are changing SSE descent wise, so we can hope that our concerns are being looked at. It would be nice if they brought Ms. Dench back into the studio to record a few new lines of narration for the end. This "See you in the future" ending in not cutting it for me.

EPCOT Explorer

Huh. Interesting video. And I was in it; that last quote was mine! :eek: :D

I was in the video. :sohappy: Take that EE, EPCOT.nut, and Hrudey! :p

:lol: :wave:

Ah well, it does look like things are changing SSE descent wise, so we can hope that our concerns are being looked at. It would be nice if they brought Ms. Dench back into the studio to record a few new lines of narration for the end. This "See you in the future" ending in not cutting it for me.
mad0215.gif

Well...If things go as planned...Judi really might need to rerecord most of the finale.How odd would it be if TC just started randomly and she spoke in the middle of it?

In SSE86 Cronkite introduced it.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom