Spaceship Earth Decent Upgrades?

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, if you insist. :rolleyes: :) I'm thinking you could probably do that in the future city. Y'know, an Eiffel Tower looking thing here, an asian Pagoda thing there; they could mix and match a bit. :lol:

Ya know...The old "Glitter City" was kinda like that...It showed a city across a ocean beaming info to another one.THe 1st one you saw had foreign architecture.;)

Spaceship_Earth_Classic_084_062006.jpg

See?

Expo_Seeker40

Oh my God, it's going to be a Disney related ending with Donald Duck, you can see his feet sticking out from behind the curtain... :eek: :lol: :lol:

2il1lxw.jpg

aladdin2007

wow when you compare the old glitter city picture a few posts above with the current state of that same area in picture, I could hurl. So sad. Its amazing how all of us have so many great ideas posted on here, but yet Disney and Siemens did nothing with this section. So far anyway.

hpyhnt 1000

Ya know...The old "Glitter City" was kinda like that...It showed a city across a ocean beaming info to another one.THe 1st one you saw had foreign architecture.;)

See?

There you go! Take the good of the old and mix it with the new to create one inspiring ending for SSE. :)

And also, no Donalds please. :dazzle: :zipit:

:eek:

hpyhnt 1000

wow when you compare the old glitter city picture a few posts above with the current state of that same area in picture, I could hurl. So sad. Its amazing how all of us have so many great ideas posted on here, but yet Disney and Siemens did nothing with this section. So far anyway.

Let me join you: :hurl:

Who cares if the glitter city was nothing more than 2D plywood and early 90's fiber optics. It still looked a lot better than the "triangles on a string" display we have now. :hammer:

aladdin2007

Who cares if the glitter city was nothing more than 2D plywood and early 90's fiber optics. It still looked a lot better than the "triangles on a string" display we have now. :hammer:

Perfectly said, thats what I really wanted to say. I just cant help but think they werent thinking. :brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Perfectly said, thats what I really wanted to say. I just cant help but think they werent thinking. :brick:

Well apparently, that's not all they thought of, so we can take that bit of positive news. It seems pretty clear from this thread that there is more coming for SSE (thank heavens!). Its just a matter of what, when, and $$$.

aladdin2007

Well apparently, that's not all they thought of, so we can take that bit of positive news. It seems pretty clear from this thread that there is more coming for SSE (thank heavens!). Its just a matter of what, when, and $$$.

Very true, I guess they are aware of some dislike. It just seems like they could have saved a lot of money by leaving some of the descent as was and just updating it and maybe changing some things. For instance a newly redone glitter city or maybe changing the twinkling lights on the city from green, to white or blue instead etc etc, things like that, and yet still add triangles over head that have images with the monitor screens at the same time.

EPCOT.nut

I am OK that they added the touch screens, really. I have laughed hysterically at the "future" they created for me....but I am disappointed that they gutted a really nice ambiance (the descent) and left nothing in its place.

:(

HMF

Original Poster
I think it's safe to rule out tomorrow's child inside the ride for now ( but that doesn't mean it won't return somewhere else..just look to the sky ;))

If...if they ever went ahead and did a tomorrow's child ending, not saying now,but saying sometime down the road, the only way to have people actually looking at the triangles would be to have us ask all our questions heading up in the ascent tunnel i.e. we choose our language when we board our vehicle, and rather than wait to select where we are from, we immedietely select where we are from, than have an intro from SSE control go past the safety video screens, answer our questions, have our picture taken and then our screen turns off.

I timed this.....our video presentation would be able to fit in this way....as soon as we exit the worm hole of infinite stars, our screens turn on, showing our video, this would last in the stars section of the former gas clouds as well as the current black curtains of pepper's ghost. By the time we get to the first set of blue triangles, where they meet together at former glitter city, our video would basically be done, and turn off.

Leaving us to sit back and watch a fitting ending.
That is exactly how my version works.:animwink:

Disneyson 1

It would be great that if when the screens went down, the triangles would start playing the "Tomorrow's child" dancing children ending. I would LOVE for the little time machine screens to start playing some inspiring images of the future according to the Future World pavillions and finally Judi Dench says something like "...and as we look at the past of our showcase of civilizations... (shows a quick shot of the mammoth scene, then a quick selection of animatronic scenes from the ride, then all of the flags that are represented in World Showcase) ...we can learn from them and chart our own course for the next chapter of this, our Spaceship Earth. (the graphic of SSE appears on our screen and then disolves into stars as the "real" Spaceship Earth model comes into view. Then, depending on how you're looking at it, the globe either dissapears into the stars (the lighting around it goes down and fiber optics inside the globe go on, blending into the stars behind it) or the globe just comes into view (the stars on the globe go off and the lighting around it goes on). Either way, it symbolyzes your return to the globe as a breeze of air hits you and you turn around and find that you're back inside the globe!

EPCOT Explorer

It would be great that if when the screens went down, the triangles would start playing the "Tomorrow's child" dancing children ending. I would LOVE for the little time machine screens to start playing some inspiring images of the future according to the Future World pavillions and finally Judi Dench says something like "...and as we look at the past of our showcase of civilizations... (shows a quick shot of the mammoth scene, then a quick selection of animatronic scenes from the ride, then all of the flags that are represented in World Showcase) ...we can learn from them and chart our own course for the next chapter of this, our Spaceship Earth. (the graphic of SSE appears on our screen and then disolves into stars as the "real" Spaceship Earth model comes into view. Then, depending on how you're looking at it, the globe either dissapears into the stars (the lighting around it goes down and fiber optics inside the globe go on, blending into the stars behind it) or the globe just comes into view (the stars on the globe go off and the lighting around it goes on). Either way, it symbolyzes your return to the globe as a breeze of air hits you and you turn around and find that you're back inside the globe!

Yet another good idea that would blow the current descent away!:lol::D
Nice idea.

hpyhnt 1000

Hm. Not bad at all. definitely would be an improvement over what's there now (or should I say, what's not there now. :lookaroun)

And EE, a very fitting time to unveil that new avatar of yours. Very nice! ;) :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Hm. Not bad at all. definitely would be an improvement over what's there now (or should I say, what's not there now. :lookaroun)

And EE, a very fitting time to unveil that new avatar of yours. Very nice! ;) :wave:

*bows*

Thanks.:)

A attraction that I REALLY miss.

At least we still have an SSE to talk about.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom