Spaceship Earth coaster???

kaos

OK.. let's back off the SE bashing. We all know that it will eventually become the Epcot Emporium... 12 levels for your shopping pleasure.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by kaos
OK.. let's back off the SE bashing. We all know that it will eventually become the Epcot Emporium... 12 levels for your shopping pleasure.

LOL!!! That is truly what it WILL become!!!

But seriously...Talk about WDW attractions lacking the quality of the original attractions...I KNOW what is a KEY component in GREAT ATTRACTIONS...

What do the following attractions have that none of the more recent WDW attractions have...

Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Journey Into Imagination (not the remake)
Splash Mountain
Tiki Room

Buzz Lightyear
Alien Encounter
Test Track
Journey Into YOUR Imagination

WDWspider

If you switched Splash Mountain with HoP, CoP, and CBJ you could say they were all original ideas not tied to merchandising a new movie. But since you didn't, I guess you have something else in mind. Maybe... original music and songs. But still... Splash Mountain doesn't fit into that either.

kaos

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

LOL!!! That is truly what it WILL become!!!

But seriously...Talk about WDW attractions lacking the quality of the original attractions...I KNOW what is a KEY component in GREAT ATTRACTIONS...

What do the following attractions have that none of the more recent WDW attractions have...

Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Journey Into Imagination (not the remake)
Splash Mountain
Tiki Room

Buzz Lightyear
Alien Encounter
Test Track
Journey Into YOUR Imagination

Charm, appeal, original music, CLASSIC Disney Imagineering, good ol' clean family fun, and lots of memorable moments.

Is that is?

bearboysnc

Gutting Spaceship Earth COMPLETELY...(except for the "finale") and plopping in a dumbo ride...with spaceships (just like Astro Orbiter)

Or cut open SE like that neat Orange Bee Ride at DCA (%100 kidding) That is the LAMEST ride ever.

kaos

YOU GOT IT!!! THE MUSIC AND SONGS!!!
WOO HOO!!! See Mom? All those trips to WDW did do me good...

now if only my math skills were that good....:snore:

mburk

Originally posted by dponisci
Would there be any possible way to fit a coaster inside spaceship earth? it just seems like the perfect spot if its big enough.

Don't know for sure, but, I would think that SE is a larger building than Space Mountain - so I would say the answer is yes, a coaster would fit. Unless SM is not considered a "coaster." (?)
But would I change it? No, improve other stuff first.

WDWspider

YOU GOT IT!!! THE MUSIC AND SONGS!!!

People, please... never forget, Splash Mountain is based off the Movie Song of the South. All the characters, songs, and music are from that movie. Or, did you mean that it's the fact that the ride has a song that makes it different, not whether it's original or not?

andresmatamoros

SPACESHIP EARTH FINALE CHANGE!!

The first time I went on SE, a couple of months after EPCOT open, I got so impress by the grand finale, when you got to the top, the car change position and then you saw the space in front of you and then to your right the earth far way and then Walter C. said “the journey will continue on this spaceship we call earth…” the music wet into a climax and then in front of you from nowhere appear a satellite floating in space and two astronauts working on it as you journey back to the base. It was amazing so on my next 3 or 4 trips to EPCOT I always took time to see at least 3 times SE in each trip, but them for a few years I could not go back to WDW until 3 years ago that I went and the first thing I do was to go to SE, but for my SADDEST surprise the ride has been change and now the finale was not the same and don’t even compare to it, it just don’t have the feeling of the first one, so for me SE is already ruined!!!!.

WDWFREAK53

I agree that Splash Mountain does NOT have original songs...but it has a CATCHY song...a song that sticks with you way after you leave the attraction. Whenever you hear that song...you will think of that attraction. But not just the attraction...the smell of the attraction, the temperature in the attraction, the sights, the sounds, the feelings behind the attraction. THE SONG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!! What would Journey Into Imagination have been without One Little Spark??? What would Splash Mountain be without the "Laughing Place" What would the HM be without those Grim Grinning Ghosts??? And can you imagine Pirates without being able to Yo Ho your way out of the attraction???

CaptainProton

Let us not lose sight of the purpose of Epcot, to discover the future and to examine the world we have today. A coaster in Spaceship Earth would just not be plausable! I Love Spaceship Earth through and through!! I still remember the time the car turns and the music swells at the top of the ride where you're left staring back at the Earth. Timeless...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Hands off Spaceship Earth.
I think Test Track is a near to a coaster that you'll get in EPCOT - unless Mission : Space is a coaster type ride.

WDWFREAK53

PUT THE ASTRONAUT BACK IN!!!

I LOVE SE AND I AGREE WITH 99% of the people on this thread...IF YOU TOUCH SE, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE REFUSING TO GO BACK TO EPCOT...(Well, ok...Figgy is back...but come on...Even FIGGY couldn't IMPROVE SE)

stagestar

... Spaceshop Earth Coaster - already reality!

HI there, HO there,

usually I was only lurking on this board but this thread really got me into coming out of my cave...

See you are not the first to think about a coaster in Spaceship Earth: Michael Eisner and Imagineering did visit repeatedly a theme park in Germany while creating the basic design and concepts for the Disneyland Paris (back than EuroDisney) - it's called "Europa Park" (=Europe Park) and carters a combination of guests from Germany, France and Switzerland. Basically the park is divided into several lands, each land depicting a european country (missing the central hub this looks a bit unorganized). The park is operated by Mack, which uses the park not only to make money (it is one of the top theme parks in Germany and Europe, even received numerous international awards) but also to showcase new rides Mack has created. So to some of you mack may sound familiar as they designed the water coaster that can be found in SeaWorld (which was a world premiere before they build another one for their own Europa Park). But sorry, I'm going off-topic - so back to Spaceship Earth...

While the Europa Park has a quiet neat concept it sounds a bit familar to us - Epcot just limited to Europe - it has a lot more rides than Epcot does. While they have great theming outdoors the indoor themeing of the rides sometimes lacks behind Disney more than a bit, especially as they do love to get a good idea from Disney ... so here you can find a water rider in the Dutch part of the park that is called "Pirates of Batavia" which by chance takes guests through a scene with a pirate ship battling a fort, through the twon while it is being looted, ... and this is not the only ride they copied, e.g. they have a ride called "Universe of Energy", in which you first watch a really awful movie and then board a doom-buggie style car which takes you through a jungle with countless dinosaurs munching away on trees, grass and fellow dinosaurs. You get the point.

So what has that to do with Spaceship Earth? OK, the have a French land there, and that land features as main attraction a huge silver geosphere which sits on top of a building. That building hoses "Universe of Energy" by the way. By chance the geosphere while smaller than the Spaceship Earth looks just the same - and inside the geosphere?? Well there is a coaster!! The lifthill is lcoated in teh center and is basically a spiral in a column, which you leave on the highest point before the track goes down with countless turns and twists (but no inversions). The whole thing is meant to be space themed and added some laser elements earlier this year.

So here you have it - your coaster inside Spaceship Earth ... or sort of.

Yours
Dirk

Here a link to the "Universe of Energy": http://www.epfans.com/frankreichude.php or http://www.ep-fans.de/Themenbereiche/attraktionen/dinofahrt.htm
And this is the link to the coaster inside the Spaceship Earth: http://www.epfans.com/frankreicheurosat.php or http://www.ep-fans.de/Themenbereiche/attraktionen/eurosat.htm

WDW Imagineer

Disney sometimes has a tendance to screw up classics, JITI, and not to mention the hugh hand for example, but I dont think they would goes as far as to put roller caoster in Spaceship Earth. Epcot is about learning. Take even the thrill rides, Test Track even though it is a thrill ride it has a learning concept to it (Automotive testing). I dont think a learning experience could be put into a roller coaster, but Disney could always surprise up.

WDWFREAK53

Sure you could theme a rollercoaster to teach!!! Think about it...you'd learn a valuable lesson if you ate at the Electric Umbrella and then rode a REALLY BAD ROLLERCOASTER!

MKingdom25

Had to put in my two cents. Definitely don't mess with SE. I think its a great atmosphere and plus is a great relaxation in the middle of a hot summer day. They always could update various things in the ride throughout the year without tearing the whole thing apart. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom