Spaceship Earth coaster???

CDavid

Spaceship Earth should never be removed or radically altered (although regular, minor updates are necessary for any attraction to stand the test of time. Nothing, however, should be done to undermine the basic "character" of the SE show).

This is the last of the great omnimover attractions which once populated Future World. We've lost Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination. Universe of Energy was also substantially changed (I'm among a minority who preferred the original), and the ride portion of the Living Seas was never a major feature of that pavilion. Hence, SE stands alone.

kaos

Originally posted by CDavid
Spaceship Earth should never be removed or radically altered (although regular, minor updates are necessary for any attraction to stand the test of time. Nothing, however, should be done to undermine the basic "character" of the SE show).

This is the last of the great omnimover attractions which once populated Future World. We've lost Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination. Universe of Energy was also substantially changed (I'm among a minority who preferred the original), and the ride portion of the Living Seas was never a major feature of that pavilion. Hence, SE stands alone.

CDavid--Love your avatar. I'm a train collector, and your avatar rocks.

As for SE... i agree.. Make the changes that update the show and fix the speakers and the soundtrack in the time machines. The omnimover attractions are always crowd pleasers, especially when the imagineering that goes into the vignettes is so perfect to the theme of the pavilion. Long live SE, and don't forget that someday, some archeologist is going to uncover a big silver sphere and know just what human kind on this planet accomplished.

Main Street USA

I'm gonna say something about Eisner here......He saved Walt Disney World in general from going right down the tubes years ago.............AND for the one ZILLIONTH time, Michael Eisner DOES NOT make these decisions on his own!!!!! There are MANY MANY people involved in making these decisions!!! OK? ok.:D

and by the way, SE is sweeeeet how it is!

CmdrTostada

Yea He did save the company. But There does need to be a person who remembers the old days of disney. Hire Him/Her and then have all the high power execs replaced by other people who remember the old days of Disney.

Long live Spaceship Earth!!!

kaos

Originally posted by Turbogames
Yea He did save the company. But There does need to be a person who remembers the old days of disney. Hire Him/Her and then have all the high power execs replaced by other people who remember the old days of Disney.

Long live Spaceship Earth!!!

Whatever happened to Frank Wells???

JimboJones123

if they expand some arms out and make it look more like a giant spider with coaster chutes coming out -- that would be cool. that would expand the size of the sphere and still allow for more flexiblity for a totally cool attraction inside. Just like those indoor waterparks that have the tube slides go outide the building, they could take some of the track and have it go outside the "big ball"

dumboflyer

I've heard that there were measurements done about fitting a rollercoaster inside SE. The problem had nothing to do with Disney magic or nostaligia.....The track and the structure of the ball are intertwined. THUS, the track must stay the same. Obviously this would make the rollercoaster 2 seconds because it would have to be on the current track lines.

Note: this makes sense because Expedition Everest is separate---the track is one structure, the mountain is another and the Yeti is the third (that was on the Travel Channel about upcoming EE).

Champion

Wow, all the people saying "Don't you dare change anything" are going to be upset.

This isn't to say that the new SSE will not be an improvement, but it will be changed.

Flight Safety

Okay

nowhere near enough room for a coaster....

unless you wouldn't mind a 15 second coaster.

Also, it's not a good idea. In a round building, it would be HELL to evac on a coaster track

First of all, SSE will never be a coaster. Its purpose was t display the dawn of time and the events in time that have taken place to date. I dont think you will ever see anything like a coaster in EPCOT. Now that someone is in charge that liked the old EPCOT, I belive that it will turn out more like its original intention. You will go to discover and learn.

Second, there is plenty of room in SSE for a coaster in my opinion. Take Space Mountain for example, its interior is smaller than SSE.

Whats really crazy is that you can fit the entire sphere in the Living Seas main tank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom