Space Shuttle... WHERE ARE YOU??

Invero

Original Poster
Space Shuttle Columbia... WHERE ARE YOU??

OMG... I'm watching the news... They lost the space shuttle... hanvent heard from it in 15 mins... was supposed to touch down 3 mins ago... no contact... I havent heard the sonic boom... this is not good...

Invero

Original Poster
So apparently, a peice from the fuel tank on liftoff came off, and hit the wing... they didnt think it was anything more than minor damage... but, maybe it was worse than they thought?

15 mins after the shuttle was supposed to land... nothing... no communications... This is not good.

imagineer boy

Someone took a picture of of a space shuttle launchin from KSP from WDW about a week ago.:eek: I wonder if that was the same shuttle that is having trouble now.:( :cry:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Prayers go out to the family members of the Space Shuttle Crew.

This is such a tragedy. My heart goes out to not only the families, but to everyone involved.:cry:

Pam

SpongeScott

First and foremost, prayers and sympathies to the family members of the crew. Secondly, I have many friends working for NASA here in North Alabama. This will directly affect their work and well-being. Thirdly, I heard on the news that another shuttle was to go up soon in order to deliver supplies to people on the space station. Pray this was an isolated, freak occurence.

J.E.Smith

As soon as I heard that they lost contact with the Columbia, I figured that either they were just having radio problems and would land safely, or that the shuttle would blow up. Looks like I was right about that.

...I hate being right.:cry:

Tramp

God bless the astronauts and give strength to their families to see this through!

....and let's not forget that there are astronauts on the International Space Station that eventually have to come back to earth.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
So apparently, a peice from the fuel tank on liftoff came off, and hit the wing... they didnt think it was anything more than minor damage... but, maybe it was worse than they thought?

Yeah...I heard that to Tyler...

Taken from the washingtonpost.com:

On launch day, a piece of insulating foam on the external fuel tank came off during liftoff and was believed to have struck the left wing of the shuttle.

Leroy Cain, the lead flight director in Mission Control, had assured reporters Friday that engineers had concluded that any damage to the wing was considered minor and posed no safety hazard.

Columbia is NASA's oldest shuttle and first flew in 1981.
###

Tim G

Re: Space Shuttle Columbia... WHERE ARE YOU??

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
OMG... I'm watching the news... They lost the space shuttle... hanvent heard from it in 15 mins... was supposed to touch down 3 mins ago... no contact... I havent heard the sonic boom... this is not good...

It's confirmed by NASA
and I've seen it on CNN (horrible)

Another 7 good people lost...

Our thoughts are with the astronauts and their families

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom