Space Mt. and Juncle Cruise rehabs

Pete C

I for one do not want to see any loops whatsoever on Space Mountain. It would alienate so many people that cannot handle intense coasters. The Magic Kingdom is not going to be home to a ride like that. Everyone speculated that DL's SM might get some brand new layout and high-intensity ride, but that didn't come anywhere close to happening. I wouldn't expect WDW to handle it any differently.

MKCP 1985

My modest prediction for Space Mountain: a new smoother track, side by side seating on the ride vehicles, and soundtrack with premium speakers. no loops.

Is anyone making any predictions for Jungle Cruise? Truly, what COULD they do to make that boat ride through the jungle more appealing?

- new uncovered boats

- elephants that really splash the guests (only a little)

- live, interactive natives

- Johnny Depp

:p

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I look foward to upgrades to Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise though I hope they happen sooner rather then later. I also hope haunted mansion gets a substantial revamp soon as well.

mickeysgal

I for one do not want to see any loops whatsoever on Space Mountain. It would alienate so many people that cannot handle intense coasters. The Magic Kingdom is not going to be home to a ride like that. Everyone speculated that DL's SM might get some brand new layout and high-intensity ride, but that didn't come anywhere close to happening. I wouldn't expect WDW to handle it any differently.

I agree! I love Space Mountain as it is, although a smoother track and effects would be nice. I have an equilibrium problem and it progressively getting worse. Space Mountain and BTM are about my limit for thrill rides. I hope Disney doesn't take that away from those of us who (at only 28) want desperately to ride the newest thrill ride, and can't. But if I didn't have this problem, I'd say bigger, better, faster! So really it's only a personal request.:wave:

doop

I too, enjoy Space Mountain as it is, although the soundtrack is sounding like a great idea, as well as a new track. As for the Jungle Cruise, in another thread they were talking about a preshow with Timon & Pumba, so the only other thing I could think of would be new boats of some kind.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I too, enjoy Space Mountain as it is, although the soundtrack is sounding like a great idea, as well as a new track. As for the Jungle Cruise, in another thread they were talking about a preshow with Timon & Pumba, so the only other thing I could think of would be new boats of some kind.

Maybe a Tarzan, Jungle Book, Lion King tie in...

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
My modest prediction for Space Mountain: a new smoother track, side by side seating on the ride vehicles, and soundtrack with premium speakers. no loops.

Is anyone making any predictions for Jungle Cruise? Truly, what COULD they do to make that boat ride through the jungle more appealing?

- new uncovered boats

- elephants that really splash the guests (only a little)

- live, interactive natives

- Johnny Depp

:p

I would like to see the older boats come back. I know they never will but I liked them. More realisticaly I think we may get the piranahs and dinamite throwing gorillas that Disneyland got. As for Johnny Depp.......I'd rather not see him on the Jungle Crusie.:lol:

browniebee

Space Mountain really needs to be totally rebuilt. My dad won't even go on that ride anymore because he's afraid of metal fatigue. It wasn't even 5 years ago that they refurbished the Jungle Cruise, though and it was a pretty big reburb too. I think it was closed at least a year to 18 months. I would like to see new boats though.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What kind of changes could we see on the Jungle Cruise?

Possibly new updated animatronics.(that right there would probably eat up most of the 13 million.)

(I've always thought that giant anacondas swimming by the boat would be neat.:wave: )

Possibly new special effect lighting.

Anyway :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Pongo

Man, oh man. I hope that this is DL-style refurb. Keep the same track layout, but make it smoother!

Actually, no. Don't even make it smoother. New effects and better lighting would be nice. But I ADORE SM as it is now. If they totally gut it... that would be a sad, sad day.

dxwwf3

But I ADORE SM as it is now.

To be honest, I do to, but I wouldn't mind one bit if they totally gutted the attraction. It does have a nice nostolgic charm right now, but it would be nice if it were more modern looking and up to date technology wise as well.

JohnMan

DL's rehabbed version was awesome to say the least. Personally I'd like to see a smoother track installed and also a soundtrack. I know the soundtrack is a hot topic but it added a whole new dimension to the ride in DL that seems sorely missing in WDW.

Just saw on another thread that the JC rehab will include a Timon and Pumbaa video preshow. Hmm, not too thrilled about that. Isn't there an audio preshow now? DL has one but I couldn't recall if WDW did. DL was fine and didn't detract from the authenticity of the dock area.

mickey04

DL's rehabbed version was awesome to say the least. Personally I'd like to see a smoother track installed and also a soundtrack. I know the soundtrack is a hot topic but it added a whole new dimension to the ride in DL that seems sorely missing in WDW.

Just saw on another thread that the JC rehab will include a Timon and Pumbaa video preshow. Hmm, not too thrilled about that. Isn't there an audio preshow now? DL has one but I couldn't recall if WDW did. DL was fine and didn't detract from the authenticity of the dock area.

Currently, the JC queue features "Awol Airwaves," a 30's era radio broadcast with music and (appropriately enough) corny jokes. The skippers, despite the fact that we listen to it all day really do love it and it fits the theming of the ride so well. As for a Timon and Pumbaa tv show, I would be very upset. It completely destroys the 1930's setting that the Imagineers worked so hard to create.

terp79

to be expected. . .

Well I totally support the notion of a space mountain referb, it needs it.....and I can understand why the Jungle Cruise even though I don't think this attraction needs it yet. I think with all the talk of Disney wanting to make a feature length action/adventure movie along the lines of pirates based on the Jungle Cruise it makes since. If Imagineers add FX and other plussing inorder to get buzz out about the attraction before they announce a motion picture being made. . . it's a great plan, but if these rumors of timon and pumba in a preshow are true then i think we're gonna have another battle between traditionalists and forethinkers. To me the attraction doesn't need these characters added, they'll just take away from the orginal experience designed by walt and wed. Soon there won't be any attractions left to stand on their own and all attractions will have some sort of support franchise. Three weeks ago the lines for the Jungle Cruise where long and there weren't any cute Disney Characters circa 1994 (which had their own ride that didn't go over so well) that outdate some of the demographic in line. I'm all for space mountain but really what's up with the haunted mansion....this ride is falling apart at the stretching galleries, i mean seams.

MagliteL13

Well I totally support the notion of a space mountain referb, it needs it.....and I can understand why the Jungle Cruise even though I don't think this attraction needs it yet. I think with all the talk of Disney wanting to make a feature length action/adventure movie along the lines of pirates based on the Jungle Cruise it makes since. If Imagineers add FX and other plussing inorder to get buzz out about the attraction before they announce a motion picture being made. . . it's a great plan, but if these rumors of timon and pumba in a preshow are true then i think we're gonna have another battle between traditionalists and forethinkers. To me the attraction doesn't need these characters added, they'll just take away from the orginal experience designed by walt and wed. Soon there won't be any attractions left to stand on their own and all attractions will have some sort of support franchise. Three weeks ago the lines for the Jungle Cruise where long and there weren't any cute Disney Characters circa 1994 (which had their own ride that didn't go over so well) that outdate some of the demographic in line. I'm all for space mountain but really what's up with the haunted mansion....this ride is falling apart at the stretching galleries, i mean seams.

Jungle Cruise needs one much moreso than Mansion.

The dock, itself, is a safety hazard with the number of nails and boards sticking up.

Some of the internals of the 'ride system' (track switches) have major flaws and need to be replaced.

When was the last time anybody saw all of the hippos in the hippo pool at the same time? Same with the Indian elephant pool. Or perhaps the African Veldt.

Then there's the animals that look like they haven't brushed their teeth in years, or move so slowly that gunk accumulates on them.

There's always the jeep that occasionally only has 2 or 3 tires spinning and the drive axle that sometimes spins.

The random snakes in the temple that will just stop working.

Then there's the show triggers. Some are just in bad spots on the boats where the recievers can't pick them up.

Squeeze play needs consistency.

Need I say more? The big thing though, are the boats. They need some TLC, desperately.

As for our queue music, I'm totally against a Timon and Pumba video. Talk about ruining the theming! Jungle's set around the 30's and almost everything reflects that. If an attraction can continue to generate huge crowds with its original concept since 1955, why go adding something outta theme?

The rumor of a rehab has been floating around for quite some time now. I'm not quite sure what will be involved, but some other things have been mentioned and some imagineers have been around Jungle. (I don't know about as of late, but back in Feb, March, April...).

dxwwf3

As for our queue music, I'm totally against a Timon and Pumba video. Talk about ruining the theming! Jungle's set around the 30's and almost everything reflects that. If an attraction can continue to generate huge crowds with its original concept since 1955, why go adding something outta theme?

:sohappy:

Also, I wasn't aware of all of those problems mentioned. It certainly does need the refurb worse than the Haunted Mansion right now.

Shaman

Would I be in the minority if I voted for...demolishing JC (building something similar at AK) and replacing it with Indy? :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Would I be in the minority if I voted for...demolishing JC (building something similar at AK) and replacing it with Indy? :lookaroun
I wouldn't get rid of the JC at MK but I would love to see a JC at AK that was closer to Walt's original vision of using real animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom