Space Mountain trains cycling today (Sat 26 Sep) - photo

jt04

All these months and almost $20 million to put a cover over the queue and add a few section of track? Something doesn't add up here.

I think we are witnessing the mother of all prefurbs.

Time will tell. :king:

:)

WDW Vacationer

All these months and almost $20 million to put a cover over the queue and add a few section of track? Something doesn't add up here.

Prefurbs. Is EVERYTHING a prefurb to you? An 8 month closure is not a prefurb.

WDW Vacationer

It sure doesn't appear to be a refurb either.
Well, we will have to wait and see. we have herad too many things about this. At this time I am leaning to what Steve has said though.:shrug: Still is a refurb based on what he said. It would enhance the experience.

jt04

Well, we will have to wait and see. we have herad too many things about this. At this time I am leaning to what Steve has said though.:shrug: Still is a refurb based on what he said. It would enhance the experience.

I see nothing that warrented a 6 month closure and $20 million dollars. That is all.

Now if we find out that the track supports were also upgraded so they would have the option of adding on-board audio later, as was once rumored, then that would make more sense. And that, for those who still don't get it, could best be described as a "prefurb".

Time will tell.

Enchantâmes

It sure doesn't appear to be a refurb either.
Um how so? Just because they are not changing much compared to what some people wanted (I not being one of them) does not mean its not a refurb. Space Mountain needed maintenance badly, now its getting it. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

No not just that. The VAST majority of it has been on ride system control.

The end product is going to be:

1. New queue.
2. New ride control swystem which will give it better reliability.
3. Ongoing replacement of portions of track (that has been done over the last few years with the ride operating)

I dont know where you got $20 million from?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yup a complete and utter waste of time.:brick:

Dude, he just does it for attention. Ignore his "prefurb" nonsense and it'll go away.

How is it a waste of time? It means that one of MKs most popular rides can carry on operating. You cant do all refurb work overnight.

jt04

Yup a complete and utter waste of time.:brick:

Dude, he just does it for attention. Ignore his "prefurb" nonsense and it'll go away.

Martin said they were upgrading the supports so they would have the option of adding new cars with on-board audio later. Since you have such a knee jerk reaction to the word "prefurb", how would you describe such a two step process?:shrug:

I'd really like to know what Imagineering calls it also. :veryconfu

jt04

No not just that. The VAST majority of it has been on ride system control.

The end product is going to be:

1. New queue.
2. New ride control swystem which will give it better reliability.
3. Ongoing replacement of portions of track (that has been done over the last few years with the ride operating)

I dont know where you got $20 million from?

Someone found a permit that had like 17.8 million on it. They posted it on the forum. But I just don't see that ammount of work. And the timeframe seems too long for such a short list of changes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Martin said they were upgrading the supports so they would have the option of adding new cars with on-board audio later. Since you have such a knee jerk reaction to the word "prefurb", how would you describe such a two step process?:shrug:

I'd really like to know what Imagineering calls it also. :veryconfu

Does it really matter what you call it? It's being refurbed so it meets the operational needs and to carry on running. I'm sure at some point in the future it may well have something new added, but there again, I could see it going for another 10 years without a single change. The MK will be focussed on FL, so once SM is up and running again in Nov, I expect it to be left at that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom