Space Mountain trains cycling today (Sat 26 Sep) - photo

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SM is cycling trains today on at lesst one of the tracks.

Here is a photo - you can JUST make out the train at the top of the lift.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...pace-Mountain-trains-cycling-photo-update.htm
Thanks Steve.

Wow. Am I the only one who thinks an air compressor needs to be taken to the expanded metal mesh walls in the first photo. It makes me want to sneeze. Is that really 30 years of dust.

Soooo...can anyone tell if that's freshly welded track? :lookaroun
Did you get my instant message on yahoo last night. :D Sorry to invade thread.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks Steve.

Wow. Am I the only one who thinks an air compressor needs to be taken to the expanded metal mesh walls in the first photo. It makes me want to sneeze. Is that really 30 years of dust.

Did you get my instant message on yahoo last night. :D Sorry to invade thread.

You would have think they would have done it for this refurb...:lookaroun:lol:

jt04

You would have think they would have done it for this refurb...:lookaroun:lol:

Everytime I look at the picture I think to myself that can't be dust. Surely that can't be dust. I'd of been better off if the TTA had just stayed closed. Now I'm just afraid.

This is the oddest refurb ever. :shrug:

The Conundrum

I just can't believe the ride has been closed since April and from the pics it looks just as FILTHY as it did when it closed. Look how disgusting the track supports look in the second photo. I would love to see evidence that there was hard working going on in there because this is a joke so far.

I wasn't expecting much in 6 months but come on it looks exactly the same!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My first thought was that the train looks different. It could just be wishful thinking or the fact that I have to make a judgement in 1.2 seconds. :ROFLOL:

Its wishful thinking ;)

Seriously, nothing big is happening with this refurb. A new queue, new ride system controls, and a clean. Nothing else. It isn't a refurb in the scale of HM, Pirates or HoP.

EPCOT Explorer

Its wishful thinking ;)

Seriously, nothing big is happening with this refurb. A new queue, new ride system controls, and a clean. Nothing else. It isn't a refurb in the scale of HM, Pirates or HoP.

*sigh*

What do you expect visually, though? And what about the exterior, Steve?:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
*sigh*

What do you expect visually, though? And what about the exterior, Steve?:wave:

I'm expecting nothing visually, other than the new queue which will hopefully fix the FP issues with the standby. With teh new queue I'd expect some new scenes perhaps. In terms of the ride, I expect the same vehicles, no audio, and no changes to the track.

Like I have been saying since day 1 on this, I'm being told that people should not be getting their hopes up for anything big - it isnt happening. It's going to be one those refurbs that opens back up and there will be very minimal changes. Very similar to the TTA.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm expecting nothing visually, other than the new queue which will hopefully fix the FP issues with the standby. With teh new queue I'd expect some new scenes perhaps. In terms of the ride, I expect the same vehicles, no audio, and no changes to the track.

Like I have been saying since day 1 on this, I'm being told that people should not be getting their hopes up for anything big - it isnt happening. It's going to be one those refurbs that opens back up and there will be very minimal changes. Very similar to the TTA.

*sigh*

A shame, really. They have such the opportunity, here.

Martin did say something about track-SIDE audio, though.:shrug:

djkidkaz

So are they enclosing the queue so you can't see light from the ride? I know that was talked about for quite some time. I don't mind them not doing much to the ride, I mean, the ride is all in the dark anyways. If they could just get a new gobo so the stars on the walls look not so blurry, I'd be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom