Space Mountain trains cycling today (Sat 26 Sep) - photo

Mansion Butler

Went through on the TTA yesterday and some walls along the (TTA) track were being repainted (most of them seemed to be done already). They weren't actively painting, but you could smell it, see the difference and they left their supplies out. Not a big deal, but looked nice.

There was also something going on with the roof but I couldn't tell what. Looked like panels being, like. . . moved. Like, new panels being put against the old roof. I couldn't tell what was going on.

EpcotServo

From my trip report, taken by Epcotrob on Sep 30th:

attachment.php

They've DEFINITELY been painted blue, that's for sure. Used to be Grey/Glow/Blue/Red

Now it's:

Blue/Glow/Blue/Red

hpyhnt 1000

They've DEFINITELY been painted blue, that's for sure. Used to be Grey/Glow/Blue/Red

Now it's:

Blue/Glow/Blue/Red

Oh yeah, of course! :lookaroun I guess that kinda proves this most of the refurb work won't be noticable to the average guest and only to some of us fanboys. I don't know how you remember the old paint scheme because I sure don't. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I agree with everything you've said here except your last sentence. I'm expecting it to be great when it reopens.

We knew from the beginning what this was going to be...now we're getting it...and our beloved WDW Space Mountain will be refreshed, clean, and get some sweet little plusses. I couldn't be happier, but I know I'm in the minority.
Hopefully. I don't know what to think in that repect.

If it IS a visual upgrade, I will be pleased. If not...PREFARB!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:ROFLOL::lookaroun

See what a weekend away from WDWMagic does for you? :lol:

IMG_9749.jpg

Whats with all the wood? :shrug:

IMG_9727.jpg

Is it just more or is the arcade gray now, not white? :lookaroun
LOVING the colors on the Arcade. Looks much better and sleeker!
\
Building is still in the way, and SHOULD be gone, but this is MUCH nicer.

Now it's:

Blue/Glow/Blue/Red
Interesting. Hope it is for lighting.

Exprcoofto

Luckily the opening (if goes as planned) will be during my Nov trip. Going to be a lot of SM stuff on my live wdw updates via twitter then. lol I'm extremely interested to see how this all turns out, even if anything is hardly changed.

TP2000

Someday there will be a light show. And there is a plan for it.

"Someday"? Do you have some CM info on that?

I had assumed that WDW Space Mountain would open in November with the same exterior dome projections Disneyland got for Ghost Galaxy last week. They installed, programmed and tested that at Disneyland during a two week rehab in September, so certainly the same thing can be ready for WDW's Space Mountain in November.

Look at all the work being done in front of the mountain to clear out the clutter and improve the view! The hard work is already done for exterior dome projections like this in November... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTUDNB7sWU&feature=related

EPCOT Explorer

"Someday"? Do you have some CM info on that?

I had assumed that WDW Space Mountain would open in November with the same exterior dome projections Disneyland got for Ghost Galaxy last week. They installed, programmed and tested that at Disneyland during a two week rehab in September, so certainly the same thing can be ready for WDW's Space Mountain in November.

Look at all the work being done in front of the mountain to clear out the clutter and improve the view! The hard work is already done for exterior dome projections like this in November... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTUDNB7sWU&feature=related
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope you are right. If you are it fits what I have been hearing. However, Steve DID post otherwise....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom