Space Mountain starting test and adjust

panther726

I don't see why everyone is upset.:shrug: Disney didn't make this refurb a big deal. From Day 1, you all were downgrading it, expecting it to be disappointing. There were many reports about a new track. Many said these weren't true. Turns out now, they weren't. Now, they start testing, and everyone starts raising cane. Did we not all see this coming? Sure, we can say it doesn't change the fact that it's disappointing, but why pout about it when some changes are on the horizon. This isn't, nor shouldn't, be a big deal all.

hoke2007

As long as the changes they made were quality and they made an effort to fix up the existing effects, I'll be happy. If they added any on-ride effects, I'll be thrilled.

tirian

:veryconfuI am relatively new to WDWMagic and found it by planning my upcoming Disney World Trip. I have been so excited about going and am not as fortuante as most and am only able to go every 6 or 7 years to WDW. I came across these discussion groups and stuff just because I was curious about things going on with WDW. Mind you everyone that posts on these sites know pretty much NOTHING about what is going on behind the scenes and what is being planned. I love how everyone acts like they have all the insider info. The thing that has made me the most angry though is it seems that everyone that posts on here seems to hate Disney WOrld. I would assume that's not the case because of the amount of time you spend discussing it but everything seems point to a dislike of Disney World. I am disappointed in most everyone on here that claims to be a fan. Way to be jerks about it. Be happy that work is getting done on SM and my lord Disney just built a park TEN YEARS AGO. If they built one every ten years it'd be insane. Enjoy what you've got and look forward to whatever the future brings but don't bash it so horribly. Everyone acts as if The Disney Company Owes them something.

Every company with fan boards deals with the same thing. Have a fantastic time; there's still plenty to love about WDW. :D

I don't know, I agree with Lee. There was an obvious amount of misinformation on this one. Too much was being told to people for it to be a simple case of overzealous fanboys.

Disney never promised anything but a simple cleaning. Although many here did expect more, several people have known for months that the grand plans had been discarded. For everyone who is peeing all over himself from the FL plans, Space Mountain exemplifies the short-sighted decisions made in Florida before the Really Big Guys in Cali overstepped them.

Less Money Spent = More Money "Earned" = Bigger Bonuses.

Maintenance that should have been done years ago is finally in progress at the MK—hence all the walls! :) Hooray for FL expansion and (moderate) refurbs to the other attractions, and big refurbs for the remaining MK classics. WDW is on track to be mind-blowing again, the way it used to be in the 1980s.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't see why everyone is upset.:shrug: Disney didn't make this refurb a big deal. From Day 1, you all were downgrading it, expecting it to be disappointing. There were many reports about a new track. Many said these weren't true. Turns out now, they weren't. Now, they start testing, and everyone starts raising cane. Did we not all see this coming? Sure, we can say it doesn't change the fact that it's disappointing, but why pout about it when some changes are on the horizon. This isn't, nor shouldn't, be a big deal all.

When a attraction goes down for a refurb, it's not supposed to look the same, afterwards. ....And that's how this is looking to turn out. That's why many are saying that they WILL BE upset if it turns out as such.

I still have hope for lighting and better signs, though...:eek:

hoke2007

When a attraction goes down for a refurb, it's not supposed to look the same, afterwards. ....And that's how this is looking to turn out. That's why many are saying that they WILL BE upset if it turns out as such.

New signage would be fantastic. I really hope that happens.

EPCOT Explorer

Maintenance that should have been done years ago is finally in progress at the MK—hence all the walls! :) Hooray for FL expansion and (moderate) refurbs to the other attractions, and big refurbs for the remaining MK classics. WDW is on track to be mind-blowing again, the way it used to be in the 1980s.

Good to hear you say that. :)

Crown Jewel?:D

panther726

Hey, the sign is down!

I think they will reveal new lighting however, even though it contradicts my first post. And the quoue might have some nice changes?

Jasonflz

We still have 2 months (possibly). Just because the ride itself is going to be T/Aed doesn't mean the post-show and queue are going to be left as is. I do agree, as a whole, that we need something newfor the post show. The queue is fine as is.

cdunbar

Valve should do a Space Mountain rehab game.

The track was lie!

Still Want to ride- (To the song: Still Alive, from "Portal")

By EpcotServo

This was a triumph.

We're making a note here:

HUGE SUCCESS

It's hard to overstate

guest satisfaction.

Team Disney Orlando

We do what we must

and nothing else.

For the good of all of us...

Except the ones who are guests.

But there's no since crying over every mistake,

you just keep on trying til there's no money to take

And then rehabs get done

and you make them have fun

for the people who still want to ride.

We're not really greedy.

We're being so sincere right now.

Even though you broke our heart

with surveys.

And tear rides to pieces.

And then ride the pieces until they catch on fire

And as they burn it hurts because

You loved them when they were new!

Now these points of timeshares make a beautiful line

And we're selling condos and opening rides on time!

So I'm glad you make them burn

Think of all the things we learn

for the people who still want to ride.

Go ahead and hate us.

We think we prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else

to entertain you...

Maybe Universal.

That was a joke.

Ha ha. Fat chance.

Anyways, this ride's still great

It's so fast paced and dark.

Look at us still talking when there's Star Tours to do

When we look out there it makes us glad we're not you

We have rehabs to do

and there's money that must be saved

for the people who

still want to ride.

And believe us they still want to ride.

We're saving money and they still want to ride

We're feeling FANTASTIC and they still want to ride

While you're dying, people will still want to ride

And when you're dead, they will still want to ride

Still want to ride

Still want
to ride
O dear lord, Travis hon haven't you ever heard the phrase you'll catch more flys with honey than you will with vineager.

Well, They seemed to enclose the load station. If that stays permanent, wouldn't the ride it's self look darker? Maybe the tunnels have cooler lighting effects inside of them than before. What if they get a new projection system? Something much less cheesier than what they had before. Nobody has seen the rockets in their final state. There's still a chance for audio.

Think of how much easier and SAFER it will be for an evac after this refurbishment. It was pretty dicey pre-refurb. The new lighting may illuminate the walkways better to ensure a safer evacuation.

With how the old ride system worked, it was VERY EASY for the ride to go 101. If a guest takes too long unloading at unload, it could cause rockets to back up...if they back up a certain way, the ride goes 101. Remember how often the ride was 101? Almost on a daily basis. The new system will probabily help out with this. Remember the jerky stops and starts at the end of the ride, especially at unload? Wouldn't it be nice if this was eliminated?

If they smoothed out the track, think of how much better the ride will be. With it darker inside with an enclosed load area and a new projection system (which appears to be true), I think the ride will be significantly better.

I'm not going to judge what I see untill the ride actually opens. I have a good feeling everyone will like it more than pre-refurb.

cdunbar

:veryconfuI am relatively new to WDWMagic and found it by planning my upcoming Disney World Trip. I have been so excited about going and am not as fortuante as most and am only able to go every 6 or 7 years to WDW. I came across these discussion groups and stuff just because I was curious about things going on with WDW. Mind you everyone that posts on these sites know pretty much NOTHING about what is going on behind the scenes and what is being planned. I love how everyone acts like they have all the insider info. The thing that has made me the most angry though is it seems that everyone that posts on here seems to hate Disney WOrld. I would assume that's not the case because of the amount of time you spend discussing it but everything seems point to a dislike of Disney World. I am disappointed in most everyone on here that claims to be a fan. Way to be jerks about it. Be happy that work is getting done on SM and my lord Disney just built a park TEN YEARS AGO. If they built one every ten years it'd be insane. Enjoy what you've got and look forward to whatever the future brings but don't bash it so horribly. Everyone acts as if The Disney Company Owes them something.
Look I get where you're coming from but the thing is people were expecting something similiar to disneyland and then they don't get it they're gonna be upset I mean that's just common sense. I mean don't get upset with me but I'm trying to help ya out here, don't come on here critique all of us that's not gonna make you friends. This is a discussion forum, we're gonna discuss the good, the bad and the ugly. But none the less welcome to the boards.:wave:

moreno

Look I get where you're coming from but the thing is people were expecting something similiar to disneyland and then they don't get it they're gonna be upset I mean that's just common sense.

expectations based on.....??? disney never said that would happen, so why the disappointment?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
As far as cosmetics for the outside, some areas will definately look new. Maybe no design change, but cleaned up, painted...etc.... From the TTA today, as it stands, the whole entrance area is a war zone. They could not open without doing any work to the entry, fastpass structure and entrance signage, so expect it to look new, even if its just 1975 new.

The TTA lighting looked great tonight. All the lighting along the Ave of Planets is red, after passing Mickey's StarTraders it was blue all the way to SM. After the split towards the CoP, they were bright white, along the edge of CoP, a muted yellowish/orange, then the dark Buzz tunnel and back to red. The red is especially noticable from the hub.

My take on all the ups and downs of the MK....well, I get down here with my family usually once a year for 10 to 14 days every February. I used to look for the negatives but that would just ruin what was supposed to be fun. Maybe its the aging process (I'm now 48), but for the last couple of visits, I've started to notice the positives instead of the negs. It makes for a much better visit. I can't imagine coming to WDW once a week or even once a month. There would be no magic left in it for me. My kids (19 and 16) think I should get a job here, but heck no...why would I want to ruin what makes those yearly visits so special. Yes, I read these forums and many others and shake my head when everyone complains about that burned out light bulb behind the sign, under the rug, 2 blocks from back side of wherever...you know what I mean. Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. I used to be like you and sometimes I still am, but I'm learning, and it's ended up making my trips to Disney that much better. Just try and step back and look at it from the perspective of that tourist that will come here just once in their life (because of $$) and notice the joy that they experience with each new discovery around every corner. Better yet, try to bring someone you know that hasn't been to WDW (I know that person could be tough to find) and enjoy it through them. (Don't show them the bad-I bet they won't notice it.)

Sorry I drifted so far off topic. And by the way, for as old and rough SM was, I loved it. I've been riding it since I was 14 in 1975 and I'd miss it if it deviated too far from its original form, so I'm probably gonna be happy this coming February.

marsrunner

expectations based on.....??? disney never said that would happen, so why the disappointment?

Because when one of the biggest attractions in the world's (officially) most visited theme park goes down for a rehab years and years and years after it needed it I'd have hoped that it would get enhancements at least on the level that the other version of the same attraction got more than four years ago. Add in the fact that the Space Mountain at WDW is the original version of that attraction and I'd think it deserved a little more than just a cleanup.
I'm not saying make it just like Disneyland's (which is amazing), but the same level of care and improvement would have been nice.
That being said, if it is a smoother ride and is at least cleaned up to it original glory I'll be satisfied, even thrilled. It just would have been nice to get a little more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom