Space Mountain starting test and adjust

Walter Yensid

Even though I would obviously like a newer and better SM, I would be happy just to get one that does not require me to be put in traction afterwards.

I mean, the last time I went on it...I thought my back would never be the same. Improve that and the queue (so the line does not stretch a mile out of the ride) and I am good. See how easy I am...

Walter Yensid

I dont know which park to go to now.Disneyland has a better SM but WDW is going to have a better FL :shrug::shrug:

Choose Disneyland for 2012 because the refurb on California Adventure will be done, World of Color as well, and the new Carsland, which looks amazing, too. Then, for 2013, go to WDW for the new FL. I love the choices we are getting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What did the windows do exactly?
The few that still worked in the zig zag corridor (planets, Explorer, whirling galaxy all with the prismatic distortion) - all the windows along the right side of the queue tunnel used to be like that. Asteroids, moon buggys, satellites, and in the zig zag itself mock ride vehicles shooting past - the latter was still working last year, but because of all things a burnt out bulb in the display it was virtually invisible. That is the state SM had gotten into.

NX2I85

MIldly disappointing, but previous comments here and elsewhere had prepared me for mild changes if any. Space Mountain is still one of my favorites. I'll be happy just to hear the strains of "Promising Tomorrows" once again.

docnabox

It will be interesting to see if the powers that be at WDW try to hype this reopening and refurb after it is done as if it is something spectacular or if it will be just a quiet event. I don't see where thay can honestly try to laud this as a rebirth or anything.

EpcotServo

Yes, this is right. There was no major track work done. Some sections were smoothed out, but it's the same old track and same layout.

Expect to see a new load and unload station with handicap access.

Jay

So you're saying the announcement of a new track was a lie.

:dazzle:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see if the powers that be at WDW try to hype this reopening and refurb after it is done as if it is something spectacular or if it will be just a quiet event. I don't see where thay can honestly try to laud this as a rebirth or anything.
The original refurb was tied to marketing as a relaunch.

Not even marketing can get excited about this.

raven

Rode the TTA about an hour ago. There isn't any testing going on for at least right now. Many more theming to do first. The loading area is now covered however!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Ugh...:dazzle:

So, after all this...nothing?

This will go over like SSE.:lol::rolleyes:

We did know this from the start, it isn't news.

Just like the TTA, SM is about back of house stuff and a rework of the queue. Nothing grand. Been saying this all along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom