Space Mountain starting test and adjust

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Martin did mention marketing, though.:shrug::eek:

Now, we don't even get that.

LOL you can't market back of house stuff. Not even Disney can manage that!

I think Martin was saying that if the SM refurb had have been big (style of HM), it would have been followed with a huge marketing effort - to relaunch SM as basically a new offering.

EpcotServo

The cake is a....

*sob*
:cry::cry::cry:

*goes to look at FL Exp. Shots*:lookaroun

Valve should do a Space Mountain rehab game.

The track was lie!

Still Want to ride- (To the song: Still Alive, from "Portal")

By EpcotServo

This was a triumph.

We're making a note here:

HUGE SUCCESS

It's hard to overstate

guest satisfaction.

Team Disney Orlando

We do what we must

and nothing else.

For the good of all of us...

Except the ones who are guests.

But there's no since crying over every mistake,

you just keep on trying til there's no money to take

And then rehabs get done

and you make them have fun

for the people who still want to ride.

We're not really greedy.

We're being so sincere right now.

Even though you broke our heart

with surveys.

And tear rides to pieces.

And then ride the pieces until they catch on fire

And as they burn it hurts because

You loved them when they were new!

Now these points of timeshares make a beautiful line

And we're selling condos and opening rides on time!

So I'm glad you make them burn

Think of all the things we learn

for the people who still want to ride.

Go ahead and hate us.

We think we prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else

to entertain you...

Maybe Universal.

That was a joke.

Ha ha. Fat chance.

Anyways, this ride's still great

It's so fast paced and dark.

Look at us still talking when there's Star Tours to do

When we look out there it makes us glad we're not you

We have rehabs to do

and there's money that must be saved

for the people who

still want to ride.

And believe us they still want to ride.

We're saving money and they still want to ride

We're feeling FANTASTIC and they still want to ride

While you're dying, people will still want to ride

And when you're dead, they will still want to ride

Still want to ride

Still want
to ride

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That doesn't make it any less disappointing.

If you are disappointed its because you've been kidding yourself that something bigger is happening.

All the info we had, the timeframe, the lack of any major signs of work around the mountain - they all tell us this is not big.

Big problem with the internet - lots of false info raises hopes and leads to "disappointment". In the good ole days you would have found out SM is shut wheen you got there, and you'd have come back a year later and it would be open again. End of story. Now everything is analysed to the n'th degree.

Exprcoofto

If you are disappointed its because you've been kidding yourself that something bigger is happening.

All the info we had, the timeframe, the lack of any major signs of work around the mountain - they all tell us this is not big.

Big problem with the internet - lots of false info raises hopes and leads to "disappointment". In the good ole days you would have found out SM is shut wheen you got there, and you'd have come back a year later and it would be open again. End of story. Now everything is analysed to the n'th degree.

Do you think the outside area (currently being torn up by construction vehicles) will look different and more futuristic? What about a new design for the loading and unloading area?

SirGoofy

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but after HM, HoP, etc, I was hoping for the trend to continue.

disneysroyal411

I'm sorry this is out of it and discussed probaly many times, but what is going to happen to Space Mountain? Like in the refurbishment. And then what we thought or what was supposed to happen.:shrug:

Expo_Seeker40

I hope Space Mountain receives a new brand identity.

One logo, a series of colors, weights, shapes, etc.

We still have the original 1975-blue "Space Mountain" sign on the TTA and what remains of the 1994 spikey font Space Mountain sign.

Is it too late to hope that the entrance building will be repainted and hopefully they will remove the old 1980s vinyl panneling, and black and yellow caution tape boarder around the entrway and bring in a new entrance sign and fastpass both? :eek:

Also, Martin...I hope like you said that the windows in the star corridor are just broken effects. I thought that in the 1985 refurb, all the window projections i.e. the moon buggy etc were removed and left the background stars as the only thing left. This would be amazing if they brought this effect back/restored it, along with the original zig zag window narration which hasn't been heard in decades.

RichKermitFan

tired of the whining

:veryconfuI am relatively new to WDWMagic and found it by planning my upcoming Disney World Trip. I have been so excited about going and am not as fortuante as most and am only able to go every 6 or 7 years to WDW. I came across these discussion groups and stuff just because I was curious about things going on with WDW. Mind you everyone that posts on these sites know pretty much NOTHING about what is going on behind the scenes and what is being planned. I love how everyone acts like they have all the insider info. The thing that has made me the most angry though is it seems that everyone that posts on here seems to hate Disney WOrld. I would assume that's not the case because of the amount of time you spend discussing it but everything seems point to a dislike of Disney World. I am disappointed in most everyone on here that claims to be a fan. Way to be jerks about it. Be happy that work is getting done on SM and my lord Disney just built a park TEN YEARS AGO. If they built one every ten years it'd be insane. Enjoy what you've got and look forward to whatever the future brings but don't bash it so horribly. Everyone acts as if The Disney Company Owes them something.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
:veryconfuI am relatively new to WDWMagic and found it by planning my upcoming Disney World Trip. I have been so excited about going and am not as fortuante as most and am only able to go every 6 or 7 years to WDW. I came across these discussion groups and stuff just because I was curious about things going on with WDW. Mind you everyone that posts on these sites know pretty much NOTHING about what is going on behind the scenes and what is being planned. I love how everyone acts like they have all the insider info. The thing that has made me the most angry though is it seems that everyone that posts on here seems to hate Disney WOrld. I would assume that's not the case because of the amount of time you spend discussing it but everything seems point to a dislike of Disney World. I am disappointed in most everyone on here that claims to be a fan. Way to be jerks about it. Be happy that work is getting done on SM and my lord Disney just built a park TEN YEARS AGO. If they built one every ten years it'd be insane. Enjoy what you've got and look forward to whatever the future brings but don't bash it so horribly. Everyone acts as if The Disney Company Owes them something.

In many many cases, I would totally agree with you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
:rolleyes:

Sorry, but after HM, HoP, etc, I was hoping for the trend to continue.

Big difference was that with HM and HoP we were told that it was a show change. With SM, we've been told nothing from Disney, and the info from the inside tells us it's all back stage, and minor front changes.

IlikeDW

In many many cases, I would totally agree with you.

I would agree for the most part, many here have very strong valid and valued opinions. They are just overruled each year by the hundreds of thousands of satisfied visitors.

janoimagine

Big difference was that with HM and HoP we were told that it as a show change. With SM, we've been told nothing from Disney, and the info from the inside tells us it's all back stage, and minor front changes.

As long as it's cleaner, and has working effects, I would be happy with it. I was embarassed for WDW last time I was on it. It was borderline a joke to me how far they had let it go ... and unfortunately, an unlucky cast member at guest relations got the brunt of my displeasure with the attraction.
I wasn't rude by any means, just told them how it was ... before I get bashed by anyone.

WDWFigment

Big difference was that with HM and HoP we were told that it as a show change. With SM, we've been told nothing from Disney, and the info from the inside tells us it's all back stage, and minor front changes.

To be fair, I think in most cases, even us over-zealous fans know when to expect a general housekeeping refurbishment and not get our hopes up. For instance, Splash Mountain seems to have a month long closure during which general maintenance occurs. I rarely see anyone getting ansy over that, or expecting new characters, substantial changes, etc.. That refurb is clearly a case of 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it.'

Space Mountain prior to this closure was a wholly different animal. A lot was broken and in need of change. The post show (both the shipping story and the atrocious Wal-Martesque monitors afterwards), the queue, the lift, the load area, and the track itself all had problems and could use significant improvements. I don't think it's unreasonable or expecting too much for people to be disappointed if these issues aren't fixed. Now, if people are expecting WDW to get something along the lines of DLR's Space Mountain, I think that is a little unreasonable, but that's not what most people are expecting. Disney and our insiders here not setting expectations too high doesn't mean that it's unreasonable to have expectations for the refurbishment.

SirGoofy

Space Mountain prior to this closure was a wholly different animal. A lot was broken and in need of change. The post show (both the shipping story and the atrocious Wal-Martesque monitors afterwards), the queue, the lift, the load area, and the track itself all had problems and could use significant improvements. I don't think it's unreasonable or expecting too much for people to be disappointed if these issues aren't fixed. Now, if people are expecting WDW to get something along the lines of DLR's Space Mountain, I think that is a little unreasonable, but that's not what most people are expecting. Disney and our insiders here not setting expectations too high doesn't mean that it's unreasonable to have expectations for the refurbishment.

Thanks, Fig. Couldn't have said it better myself.:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

LOL you can't market back of house stuff. Not even Disney can manage that!

I think Martin was saying that if the SM refurb had have been big (style of HM), it would have been followed with a huge marketing effort - to relaunch SM as basically a new offering.
:lol: True.

Would have been nice.
Big difference was that with HM and HoP we were told that it was a show change. With SM, we've been told nothing from Disney, and the info from the inside tells us it's all back stage, and minor front changes.

Color Changing lighting is VERY minor, right? Few strobes?:lookaroun

MousDad

I don't know, I agree with Lee. There was an obvious amount of misinformation on this one. Too much was being told to people for it to be a simple case of overzealous fanboys.

krankenstein

I think many of us love the parks (that is obvious by the amount of time we spend at Disney), but I think that in itself might be our problem. By spending so much time, we catch the negatives and spot the problems average people overlook. As we all know, it is human nature to dwell on the negative than the positive. :shrug:

I could write a book about the positives and it is obvious by me visiting MULTIPLE times a year, having an AP, and being in D23 that I love Disney. However, I, like most people, love to complain. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom