Space Mountain starting test and adjust

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think Martin was saying that if the SM refurb had have been big (style of HM), it would have been followed with a huge marketing effort - to relaunch SM as basically a new offering.
Indeed I was. 15 months ago the list of things to be done during the 12-18 month refurb that was planned back then was as long as my arm, would have made this the 2nd best, maybe the #1 Space Mountain period, and would have been reopened with a publicity extravaganza.

Not any more.

SirGoofy

Indeed I was. 15 months ago the list of things to be done during the 12-18 month refurb that was planned back then was as long as my arm, would have made this the 2nd best, maybe the #1 Space Mountain period, and would have been reopened with a publicity extravaganza.

Not any more.

^Why I am disappointed, for all you people who are saying I shouldn't be.

Expo_Seeker40

I expect a darker space mountain experience thanks to the roofed loading rooms. I also expect a smoother ride experience. As for everything else, I have no idea if we'll get digital star and galaxy projections or digital music in the queue. Yes, it's the original Space Mountain, yes I tend to be a fan of keeping things original, but when something like the Haunted Mansion can recieve a great cosmetic facelift and tech upgrade, I would have hoped the same for Space Mountain.

I am now left wondering if the hand railings in the queue will be repainted, the flooring redone, the vinyl walls cleaned, and the lights replaced...and the windows that look out into space effects restored and improved upon.

I don't even think we'll see the upside down astronuats ever become AA's or the static figures in the control booths on the lift hill.

hoke2007

So what are we looking at for best case scenario on this refurb:

Smoother tracks, darker ride, changes in the lift hill, improved launch tunnell, enclosed queue, better starfield projector? How unrealstic is all that?

As of now, the theming of the lift hill is the same as it was before the rehab. No news about a new chain or lift hill.

Atomicmickey

Do you suppose that the funding for SM was diverted over into Fantasyland?

As in "well we need to do this fantasyland thingy to combat potter, etc. etc., we can do all of Tomorrowland and SM at a later time."

Or something like that. Basically, the theory is that Fantasyland gobbled up the budget, so "just get it cleaned up and running" became the mantra.

The skyway station demo...strange and wonder how/if that is related..it's not exactly beside Fantasyland, but maybe they are going to use the area
as a construction staging ground or something?

Just wondering if there's a connection.

And...what is going to happen to the skyway station in current FL?

It's just sitting there, same as the TL one.

I'm justa fulla questions-a.

larryl9797

Any word on the giant space cookie?

And is SM going sponsorless when it comes back online?

So, we will be seeing the god awful FedEx stuff in the post ride show again....?

kinda dissapointed:zipit:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, we will be seeing the god awful FedEx stuff in the post ride show again....?
Which is in turn from RYCA-1. Which means the main post show dressing is 24 years old. Not bad for something set in the future.

janoimagine

Lee or Martin - do you guys know whatever became of 'Nipper' the RCA dog in the flying saucer that was in the entrance stairway to the star tunnel? I would kill to have a decent shot of that. :)

Lee

Adventurer
No idea what became of this little guy....
smnipper.jpg

dsnyfreak

what Im wonderiing and forgive me if its already been said, is what are they planning on putting where the old skyway ride was in tmorrowland? another stitch show? a new ride? anyone?:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom