Space Mountain starting test and adjust

timetopretend

Original Poster
Just passing on a little information a birdie told me today... Space Mountain is getting ready to, or has begun the test and adjust period for the ride. What this means for the unchanged post show scenes, etc shown in the new TTA videos I am unsure of but since not all of those are directly related to the operating ride, work can continue to be done on them.

_Scar

Just passing on a little information a birdie told me today... Space Mountain is getting ready to, or has begun the test and adjust period for the ride. What this means for the unchanged post show scenes, etc shown in the new TTA videos I am unsure of but since not all of those are directly related to the operating ride, work can continue to be done on them.

The ride has a period? No wonder it was so bumpy last time....

RSoxNo1

Well it seems that there wasn't major track work being done, so it could be a test and adjust for the track itself.

Thrill Seeker

I was on TTA yesterday and it seemed like from the little I could see of Space that it was unchanged. That doesn't mean it isn't because you can't exactly see much, but after TTA got pretty much nothing new, it wouldn't shock me if the same can be said about Space Mountain.

Thelazer

Yes, this is right. There was no major track work done. Some sections were smoothed out, but it's the same old track and same layout.

Expect to see a new load and unload station with handicap access.

Jay

krankenstein

Yes, this is right. There was no major track work done. Some sections were smoothed out, but it's the same old track and same layout.

Expect to see a new load and unload station with handicap access.

Jay

Well, at least we have that. :dazzle:

Oh well, FL anyone? :lol:

Exprcoofto

Anything will be better then what it was, it can't get worse. (I hope :lol:)

I know it could be a lot better, but that's the attitude I'm going in with.

Atomicmickey

Well, so it looks like when Space Mountain is open again,
it'll be . . . . open again.

And that's it, for now. Oh well. I loved it before, I will still
love it. I guess its time has not arrived, as Fantasyland's has.

A couple of thoughts...

My guess is that the WDW powers scaled back the TTA/SM refurb because of the FL plans. Initially we were under the impression that SM was going to have major ride replacement, but with no apparent change to the track we have to assume there was a major redirection in the process. The forced FL expansion! There has been a lot of discussion on how the new FL is going to draw a lot of $$$ from other projects. Here is the proof, starting with SM, MC, JII, ect...

My other thought is with the masterful change to FL by 2012 that TL will be next. We can all agree that SM is the least of the TL problems. With a new people eating E-ticket in FL and smaller A & B tickets to pick up the slack MK would be able to handle a complete TL makeover.

Any rumors of a complete TL make-over?

Lee

Adventurer
Oh well. That sounds a little disappointing. But as AtomicMickey sais I loved it before and I will again.

Highly disappointing, and a good illustration of how random, questionable, and mostly inaccurate all the info that leaked about the refurb was. Well played, TDO.

And once again....I highly disliked the ride before, and will probably dislike it even more now. I feel another email to Phil beginning to form in my head.:drevil:

magicmaya

Highly disappointing, and a good illustration of how random, questionable, and mostly inaccurate all the info that leaked about the refurb was. Well played, TDO.

And once again....I highly disliked the ride before, and will probably dislike it even more now. I feel another email to Phil beginning to form in my head.:drevil:
I dont know which park to go to now.Disneyland has a better SM but WDW is going to have a better FL :shrug::shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom