Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

hpyhnt 1000

They agree too....:lookaroun

space.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing SM fade in and out of having a blue or green tinge every now and again, not quite to the degree you have here though. :eek: The overall body of the building would stay bathed in a white light, but every two to three minutes or so, have it have a slight blue tinge, then a little later, a slightly green tinge. I think it would look nice. :shrug:

Skyway

I wouldn't freak out if the mountain is not pressure-washed or repainted by opening day.

Remember, the rumor is that TDO wanted SM to be shut down for as little time as possible.

Like SSE 2 years ago, and HM before that, and TTA last month, I fully expect the ride to re-open for the holiday crowds before all the work is done.

Some might think it would be better to re-open only after the ride is 100% ready.

I disagree.

I'm just glad they'll (hopefully) still be adding things.

Also, TDO is right - the crowds will be awful if SM is not open in time for the holidays.

As a fan, it's kind of fun to watch as new things are added in the weeks/months after re-opening. It's like slowly opening Christmas presents instead of quickly tearing through them.

(Let's just hope we can compare SM to Christmas presents!)

Mr.EPCOT

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, and for the glorious Blur-o-vision, but what is this big black square on the ceiling?
3990615677_29207406c0_o.jpg

muteki

I will miss the Fedex colors but the blue and green are looking good. And the mystery ceiling box looks quite promising as well. Speakers? Projection surface?

Also, I don't see how they wouldn't be able to do a wash/paint on the main exterior of SM while the ride is open. If that happens, it could be past the deadline. Worst case for the TTA overhang bits they would actually have to close the TTA, not SM.

Oh, the the arcade looks great!

SirGoofy

I will miss the Fedex colors but the blue and green are looking good. And the mystery ceiling box looks quite promising as well. Speakers? Projection surface?

If anything it's a projection. Speakers that big would be a mess inside the mountainn.

Also, I don't see how they wouldn't be able to do a wash/paint on the main exterior of SM while the ride is open. If that happens, it could be past the deadline. Worst case for the TTA overhang bits they would actually have to close the TTA, not SM.

They could do washing/painting at night if they wanted to.

Jasonflz

Oh, the the arcade looks great!

Interesting, considering DL has flashing lights on it at night. :lookaroun

Exprcoofto

The big black door thing (as far as I was told) is a new system if there was ever a fire. They open up to direct smoke up and right out of the building. Nothing for show as far as I know. It has been in several reports since TTA opened, its just getting spotted/posted about now?

SirGoofy

The big black door thing (as far as I was told) is a new system if there was ever a fire. They open up to direct smoke up and right out of the building. Nothing for show as far as I know. It has been in several reports since TTA opened, its just getting spotted/posted about now?

*Sigh*

:(

HMF

I still have to say I feel very bitter about this scaled-back SM Refurb after being blown away by DL's.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom