Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

hokielutz

Thanks for the pictures and the updates. its fun seeing the transformation from a bird's-eye view over the last month.

Expo_Seeker40

Wow...this will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

First, love the pylon tower and fastpass being repainted silver. Excellent choice. Don't love that they weren't easily moved to the open plot of land to the south.

I assume the same 1994 spikey font Space Mountain signs will come back. But will they be replicas and in lime green, red, or fed ex orange?

Then one wonders if they will remove all the fed ex references that are still on the lifthill, and change out the old 1975 blue space mountain side on the TTA, errr PeopleMover ( :D ) and change out the 1994 Space Mountain signs just beneath the lift hill.

And the biggest question of all....will they repaint the mountain before the ride reopens? :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

hpyhnt :wave: The striped panneling was vinyl siding that was removed a few weeks ago, I honestly thought they were going to remove it for good, but it has been repainted and looks fresh, but they have slapped it right back on the wall next to the 1994 vinyl siding. Aesthetic FAIL :dazzle:

EPCOTPluto

...Hopefully the money went into the queue and ride experience then.

And the stripes I'm referring to are in the second picture on the right. Don't know it those are new or not...
I am hoping so as well. New effects, lighting, and other visual imagery would be nice. :cool:

Oh, you mean the gray stripes on the Arcade? They actually seem to be. Maybe someone has a pic before the refurb. :shrug:

EDIT: See above. :lol:

hpyhnt 1000

hpyhnt :wave: The striped panneling was vinyl siding that was removed a few weeks ago, I honestly thought they were going to remove it for good, but it has been repainted and looks fresh, but they have slapped it right back on the wall next to the 1994 vinyl siding. Aesthetic FAIL :dazzle:

Ugh, now WHY would they do that??? *sigh* Honestly, that makes no sense whatsoever. :brick:

EPCOTPluto

I assume the same 1994 spiky font Space Mountain signs will come back. But will they be replicas and in lime green, red, or fed ex orange? If they are trying to get a new color scheme for SM, it would best if there wasn't a orange color. I will miss it, but seeing these changes, it looks like orange could be one color MIA.

Then one wonders if they will remove all the fed ex references that are still on the lifthill, and change out the old 1975 blue space mountain side on the TTA, errr PeopleMover, and change out the 1994 Space Mountain signs just beneath the lift hill.
Once again, I will miss it, but I would like to see the Fed-Ex refs disappear. It had its time, now let's look foward. As for the other two, well, it looks like SM will be retaining its old logo. And do you mean the blue Space Mountain sign you see as you enter the SM/TTA tunnel? I think it's a keeper. :)

And the biggest question of all....will they repaint the mountain before the ride reopens? Unless they have painters that can suddenly give a fresh primer & a nice double coat of white paint in under two weeks, I won't be surprised if it hasn't been done. Now if it was painted during the refurb... :lookaroun
:wave:

Expo_Seeker40

I hope they do keep the blue Space Mountain sign on the PeopleMover just before you enter SM. It's the only original sign left from 1975 advertising the ride, minus the "a journey through time and space". :eek:

EPCOTPluto

I hope they do keep the blue Space Mountain sign on the PeopleMover just before you enter SM. It's the only original sign left from 1975 advertising the ride, minus the "a journey through time and space". :eek:
When was the subtitle added? It was present back when Fed-Ex was a sponsor...

1289868675_09c470ff23.jpg

HinunterZuNich

I have to say that the new blue/green combo is something I like, but the new colors on the arcade I REALLLLLLLY like LOL!!! :lol::lol: As long as a majority of the colors change from the FedEx theme, I don't mind the lack of brand new designs/structures for the time being!

Mr.EPCOT

I'm on the TTA right now, the entrance is looking pretty sharp for not changing the basic structure. I saw a rocket go up the lift hill on the right side. And I think the spaceship has a new paint job, it says X-1 on the side. It used to be FX-1, right?

EPCOTPluto

I'm on the TTA right now, the entrance is looking pretty sharp for not changing the basic structure. I saw a rocket go up the lift hill on the right side. And I think the spaceship has a new paint job, it says X-1 on the side. It used to be FX-1, right?
Yes it did. :sohappy::D

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I'm just happy the pink/orange/puke color is finally gone. You never realize how bad it was until you see the photos of it repainted silver. WOOT!!

Expo_Seeker40

Hey guys, the picture posted of the TTA fed ex journey through time and space is original from 1975 in that picture, all fedex did was have their logo slapped ontop of the RCA logo. :eek:

The RCA Explorer ship in 1975 had a big number 15 on the end of it's sides. Also included was "XL-1000" and "Innerplanetary Explorer"

EPCOTPluto

Hey guys, the picture posted of the TTA fed ex journey through time and space is original from 1975 in that picture, all fedex did was have their logo slapped ontop of the RCA logo. :eek:

The RCA Explorer ship in 1975 had a big number 15 on the end of it's sides. Also included was "XL-1000" and "Innerplanetary Explorer"
Interesting! :D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Great pics. I'm getting a little more hopefull everything will be completed in time for my Thanksgiving trip....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom