Space Mountain Refurb?

Mikester71

Glad I found this thread tonight. We are going down from April 20th until the 30th and I received an email a few days ago telling me that our FP+ for Space Mountain were cancelled for the 21st and wondered what the heck was going on. We were given Splash Mountain ones for that day instead. I believe our ones for the 26th are still showing up though.

Disneyfamily4

My Coworker is going to Disney in May. She just told me that two of her days, with Space Mountain Fast passes, were changed as well. When she went to acquire a fast pass for a later date, Space Mountain shows up as unavailable.

James122

Speaking of the exterior, It would be great if they were able to do projections on the dome, similar to the ones Disneyland does during the Ghost Galaxy overlay.

More wishful thinking, I know...

Magenta Panther

Surely they can't replace it all in 3 days....

And an all-new track is exactly what it needs. The last time I rode SM, I walked off with a backache. You get banged and slammed around in there. No fun at all. The ride track is a chiropractor's dream. I hope it goes down for a thorough gutting and track rebuild one of these days. It sorely (get it?) needs it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And an all-new track is exactly what it needs. The last time I rode SM, I walked off with a backache. You get banged and slammed around in there. No fun at all. The ride track is a chiropractor's dream. I hope it goes down for a thorough gutting and track rebuild one of these days. It sorely (get it?) needs it.
Blame Uncle Phil.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'll bite. Can someone explain Uncle Phil?

bilde

VP of Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was the proposed rebuild still going to be two tracks?
Identical layout. Just state of the art as opposed to back breaking. Like what was done in California in 2003-5 just before theirs collapsed.

And if you've ridden California's or Hong Kongs you know what a great experience it is.

Add onboard and offboard audio, new visual effects and exterior lighting plus a real overhaul of the pre and post shows and you can see how much it was butchered.

Last edited:

MUTZIE77

Identical layout. Just state of the art as opposed to back breaking. Like what was done in California in 2003-5 just before theirs collapsed.

And if you've ridden California's or Hong Kongs you know what a great experience it is.

Add onboard and offboard audio, new visual effects and exterior lighting plus a real overhaul of the pre and post shows and you can see how much it was butchered.
I have ridden DL's and aside from a relatively blah layout, it is a great experience. Putting MK's layout with DL's tech would really be amazing.

erasure fan1

Amen to that. Space is now a ride it once a trip and be done with it for me. My wife said after our last trip she is done with it for good. I see almost no chance for a gutting but you are right, it needs it. New track, new tech, new audio, new queue, new post show, new EVERYTHING.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom