SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Control tower. Someone asked if the windows are blacked out, yes, they are.
4101979876_11f0e9544c_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Okay, just to elaborate on the revised queue arrangement as I observed it, each side continues past the former merge point. Stand-by, still on the left, goes almost all the way to the back wall, where you can choose to go left for the Alpha side, right for the Omega side, or take the chicken exit and deal with the crushing shame. FastPass continues just past the control tower, and just immediately turns right into the load area, making Omega the only choice for FastPass users.
4101979880_1875c8e726_b.jpg

HMF

I cant believe they had 7 months to put reflectors inside of a new black tube and instead of getting this

148466236_c727897f6a.jpg

we have this embarrisment instead!

wdw_mk10.jpg

siiiigggghhhh :mad:
As I have been saying for a while. This refurb was nothing to get excited over. It's budget was cut immensely and nothing has changed other than a new paint job color scheme'some minor pre and post show enhancements and thats it. Disneyland will outshine WDW in every way until TDO decides to get its act together.:(

TURKEY

For those that have actually been on the ride, what differences are there in the actual ride itself?

Most everything seems to be pre/post show.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Okay, just to elaborate on the revised queue arrangement as I observed it, each side continues past the former merge point. Stand-by, still on the left, goes almost all the way to the back wall, where you can choose to go left for the Alpha side, right for the Omega side, or take the chicken exit and deal with the crushing shame. FastPass continues just past the control tower, and just immediately turns right into the load area, making Omega the only choice for FastPass users.

Ah, so my theory was basically correct....hehehehehehe :drevil:

the-reason14

Exactly.

I see lots of changes to the queue/preshow and postshow, but not much for the ride itself.

Yay for video games. :rolleyes:

So far, some say the ride is a bit smoother, others don't. It's darker (a plus), and the astronauts were refurbed. Anything else with the actual ride itself?

Well from the jump they said they weren't doing any changes to the ride. Other than changing some track so what else did you expect?

Looks good to me, can't wait to see it up close.

HMF

I think some of you need to take a deep breath, maybe step away from the computer and realize some people are going to dislike the refurb and some are going to love it. personal opinion :shrug: no need to get so worked up over it.
If you have not ridden DL's Space Mountain I highly recommend they do. My entire family was blown away by it. In fact we purchased a souvenir photo to commemorate it in a special Disneyland 50th frame. If any of you get the chance to go to Disneyland I strongly recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom