SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

beyondyou

I'm done fighting about this...-_-"

<b>It's just hopeless now<b>.

i assure you it's not hopeless! go to walt disney worlds website and right them a well thought out and respectfull letter about the current state of *clears throat* our space mountain.

if it's not a bunch of garbage in your letter(im sure it would not be) they will listen; if 500,000 people do this they will really start to perk up, and if 1,000,000 do it they will change something.

enough talk, its time for action!

Expo_Seeker40

Either the RCA dog is going to be getting some new robo-skin as it was just plopped on a rock at crater canyons,or it may be going back to the videoscreen area once that is finished.

WHERE'S BILLY?! and that damn frog? :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
I'm very intrigued by this...

As am I.
I was unable to catch SM in a 101 (though we tried:lol:), but Martin described it to me as being located near some turns in the track, as if they may be able to provide some sort of sound effect as you pass by them.
That would be good, I think. Every little bit helps.

bearboysnc

We finally were able to ride the recently reopened SM, and besides the station and the video games in the queue, the only new thing I noticed on the ride was the IR cameras staring me in the face throughout the ride. There had to be at least 7 of them, mostly towards the lower levels on the attraction. Taking the themeing a giant step backward.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
As am I.
I was unable to catch SM in a 101 (though we tried:lol:), but Martin described it to me as being located near some turns in the track, as if they may be able to provide some sort of sound effect as you pass by them.

I'm just glad that we seem to have some evidence of them actually having done some groundwork on additional enhancements and/or overlays.

EPCOT Explorer

As am I.

So they are new, post refurb? Very interesting. You would think that they learned with SSE, but I guess adding to the ride after opening, is a common thing, now. I'm happy it's being done, don't get me wrong, but why can't they just add this DURING the down time?

We finally were able to ride the recently reopened SM, and besides the station and the video games in the queue, the only new thing I noticed on the ride was the IR cameras staring me in the face throughout the ride. There had to be at least 7 of them, mostly towards the lower levels on the attraction. Taking the themeing a giant step backward.

Although I do agree a blinking red light would be a distraction. I have a hard time believing that it is so visible that it becomes obnoxious, unless you are looking for them then sure. O well Ill find out in a month for myself.

Rob562

Although I do agree a blinking red light would be a distraction. I have a hard time believing that it is so visible that it becomes obnoxious, unless you are looking for them then sure. O well Ill find out in a month for myself.

I think they're referring to the infrared "floodlights" on the cameras. They're a ring of high-power infrared LEDs around the lens of the camera. They light up VERY brightly when viewed with the nightvision cameras. But they're not toally IR, they still give off some visible light reddish/purple light, and in the pitch dark I'm sure it is much more noticeable, especially with those with good vision in the dark.

I know they want a shot of the riders coming headon, but I wonder if views from behind the riders would serve the same purpose but not be shining in their faces.

Oh, and I'd also assume that these new cameras are an integral part of the new restart hardware/software in the ride control system. With them no longer sending CM runners out onto the track to reset the rockets, they need to be able to keep an eye on all the stopped rockets from the Tower.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rob got it, and yes they are all new. And visible to the naked eye as he describes.

I got the offboard PAs briefly on video. You`ll have to wait until I get all my AVCHD off card and into the edit PC before I can grab a screenshot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, did you check out the new exit door in the star tunnel and see where it leads to? :wave:
Nah - it`s for emmergencies only and I guess alarmed. My guess is like I said, up the stairs into the old RCA suite garden.

Looks nice though. And a little surprising when seen for the first time.

Exprcoofto

Nah - it`s for emmergencies only and I guess alarmed. My guess is like I said, up the stairs into the old RCA suite garden.

Looks nice though. And a little surprising when seen for the first time.

Not alarmed. Some old guy and his kid decided to walk out that door and then I saw them 20min later at the entrance of SM. Not sure where they went. :lol:

I think they're referring to the infrared "floodlights" on the cameras. They're a ring of high-power infrared LEDs around the lens of the camera. They light up VERY brightly when viewed with the nightvision cameras. But they're not toally IR, they still give off some visible light reddish/purple light, and in the pitch dark I'm sure it is much more noticeable, especially with those with good vision in the dark.

I know they want a shot of the riders coming headon, but I wonder if views from behind the riders would serve the same purpose but not be shining in their faces.

Oh, and I'd also assume that these new cameras are an integral part of the new restart hardware/software in the ride control system. With them no longer sending CM runners out onto the track to reset the rockets, they need to be able to keep an eye on all the stopped rockets from the Tower.

-Rob

That sucks, o well, i wont complain till I see it but that does sound obnoxious

EPCOTPluto

That sucks. Oh well, I won't complain until I see it, but that does sound obnoxious.
What's more obnoxious is the on-ride picture bulb. One look into the light and you're blinded for the rest of the ride.

Unless it was deliberately & strategically placed so that the ride would appear more dark and intense, WOW is it bright.

:lookaroun

EpcotServo

Finally Rode it twice today!

All good done on this rehab was overshadowed by absolute disappointment that it's the same crummy Mountain. Outside looked worse then awful, queue was alright, Load Dock was cool, On Ride Photo is crazy random, the lift hill looks mostly the same, and the ride, while darker, is silent and completely undramatic. Re entry and the dark waste of time afterwords is still just as laughable as ever. The first ride through we engaged in conversastion like the whole time, it was pretty awkward and quiet...

:lol:

It's smoother, but if you're in the back seat it's JUST as rough and still an awful ride. I heard the front was too. So really cause of the outdated rockets, the ride only feels smoother if you're towards the center.

Best part of the rehab is the Disneyland T-Shirt.

Haven't seen this reported, but the Earth Projection was replaced with a cool space colony projection, but the lack of Stars and other Projections and the noticeably mechanically noisy ride and lack of audio makes the whole rehab moot.

Still not even in the same league as Disneyland. Yeah, kinda moot. The good doesn't fill in all the empty and sameness of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom