SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

EPCOTPluto

I saw no evidence of cleaning on the lower mountain at all. Top looks OK...bottom....not so much.
I didn't have a camera with me, so I have no evidence. I'll rely on the photographic expertise of others.
Lot of birds on the top, doing their best to ruin the forced perspective.
Oh, I give in. Here's some of that "photographic evidence" of SM:

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

Ummm....yeah....that was part of the refurb: Simulated moon dust. Cost a fortune. Can't expect audio when you're getting such awesome exterior theming as moon dust and giant space birds.

What themeing and style!:sohappy::lookaroun

I'm sure the lighting of the pic does not help, but that's terrible. Didn't look nearly that bad in August, and I waled as much as I could around it.

Next Friday is going to be fun. "Mom, Dad, you go watch MILF, I need to document the color scheme (or lackthereof) on SM. Bye. Meet you for TTA"
:lookaroun:lol:

WDW Vacationer

What themeing and style!:sohappy::lookaroun

I'm sure the lighting of the pic does not help, but that's terrible. Didn't look nearly that bad in August, and I waled as much as I could around it.

Next Friday is going to be fun. "Mom, Dad, you go watch MILF, I need to document the color scheme (or lackthereof) on SM. Bye. Meet you for TTA"
:lookaroun:lol:

Just don't actually say MILF...:lookaroun

RSoxNo1

I was there the week after Thanksgiving, and it seems that because the wait times weren't too long (typically under 40 minutes on most days) they weren't using switchbacks or going outside of the main switchback room. Additionally, it seems that they don't run the games when the wait is below a certain level as well. We went on Space Mountain 3 times on the last trip, and the games were only running on our first ride which was during the evening on Saturday 11/28.

Expo_Seeker40

Martin, I'm trying to think of the fastpass queue through the zig zag....

Window 1: Asteroids on lower panel, starfield on upper panel.

Window 2: Spinning galaxy on lower panel, Mars on upper panel.

Window 3: Explorer Vehicle on lower panel (now restored with asteroid field), starfield on upper panel.

Window 4: Originally a starfield on the lower panel. Now a Mothership on the lower panel (brought over from a window in the standby queue when it was converted to video games). Cargo prop on upper panel. Astronauts no longer there?

Window 5: People riding through Space Mountain effect on lower panel. Neptune on upper panel.

DisneyParksFan1

Ugh... My goodness, are they seriously too cheap to clean up friggin' half of they started!?!

This whole refurb was just really mediocre... Why is it always, ALWAYS us at WDW...? We always seem to get all the mediocre things... I love how we get at least an update, I mean it truly is something, but why do something so half-witted. If they promise us something like a track change why not do it, instead of telling us that they have used "new technology" on the track which sounds to me like a scam to sucker us into thinking that they actually did something to it. I'm hoping they finish up what they started with the pressure washing of the actual mountain or else that will end up on my list of suckish and mediocre things that occurred to Space Mountain. It's just so frustrating being a WDW'er and having to deal with all of this! Tourists, tourists, tourists... Is that all they think about!? Ya know, WDW has fans too, it has locals as well. Why not satisfy them for once? Hopefully the FYL Expansion changes all this, as of now, it's a step in the right direction, but then again, watch it end up just like the SM refurb, HALF-WITTED... I wouldn't be surprised...:( It's really sad to think about this yet frustrating. I look at all the other resorts and they have all these great things and I'm thankful for having WDW, but let's be truthful, DL has almost all of the attractions we have quite a few years ahead of us in some way. Ugh... I will say no more as I will post a never ending rant.:brick::brick::brick:

I have a feeling that something BIG, will anger the fans in the future, something really huge and let's just say there will be less visitors at the World... I'm hoping this happens so maybe TDO can open up their eyes a little...:zipit:

HMF

Ugh... My goodness, are they seriously too cheap to clean up friggin' half of they started!?!

This whole refurb was just really mediocre... Why is it always, ALWAYS us at WDW...? We always seem to get all the mediocre things... I love how we get at least an update, I mean it truly is something, but why do something so half-witted. If they promise us something like a track change why not do it, instead of telling us that they have used "new technology" on the track which sounds to me like a scam to sucker us into thinking that they actually did something to it. I'm hoping they finish up what they started with the pressure washing of the actual mountain or else that will end up on my list of suckish and mediocre things that occurred to Space Mountain. It's just so frustrating being a WDW'er and having to deal with all of this! Tourists, tourists, tourists... Is that all they think about!? Ya know, WDW has fans too, it has locals as well. Why not satisfy them for once? Hopefully the FYL Expansion changes all this, as of now, it's a step in the right direction, but then again, watch it end up just like the SM refurb, HALF-WITTED... I wouldn't be surprised...:( It's really sad to think about this yet frustrating. I look at all the other resorts and they have all these great things and I'm thankful for having WDW, but let's be truthful, DL has almost all of the attractions we have quite a few years ahead of us in some way. Ugh... I will say no more as I will post a never ending rant.:brick::brick::brick:

I have a feeling that something BIG, will anger the fans in the future, something really huge and let's just say there will be less visitors at the World... I'm hoping this happens so maybe TDO can open up their eyes a little...:zipit:
10 years ago A Disneyland person would be saying the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom