SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Rob562

Look at the top portion of the mountain and the spires connected to the lower "cone" and compare the colour of those sections to the rest of the mountain. The difference in how white the exterior appears is really noticeable.

It's even clearer on other pictures posted on this site taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Hope its' done by January.

The two-tone Mountain with the top being white and the bottom being an off-white/grey has been like that for years. I have photos of it like that from Dec 2005. Back then I thought I was taking a photo of the mountain midway through a repainting job. Then it never changed....

Nov604088.jpg

(This was taken near sunset so it's a little dim, but the difference between the upper level and even the spires that come down to meet the lower ribs is much more noticeably white than the lower section)

But if they're pressure-washing the exterior, it may be making the difference in the paint colors more noticeable.

-Rob

Animaniac93-98

I never noticed it before so I assumed it was the effect of the pressure washing mentioned before on this site.

One way or another, it needs to white completely.

EPCOT Explorer

The two-tone Mountain with the top being white and the bottom being an off-white/grey has been like that for years. I have photos of it like that from Dec 2005. Back then I thought I was taking a photo of the mountain midway through a repainting job. Then it never changed....

Nov604088.jpg

(This was taken near sunset so it's a little dim, but the difference between the upper level and even the spires that come down to meet the lower ribs is much more noticeably white than the lower section)

But if they're pressure-washing the exterior, it may be making the difference in the paint colors more noticeable.

-Rob

Was in the passenger Seat driving right past it, closer then you'd see it in the park.

^This. It wasn't any brighter then it's been since they painted it some time ago, and left us with Two Tan Mountain
Ugh....So what were they pressure washing for?!

Love this gate. It is completely not like me to like something that is not symmetrical.... but I dig it.

These trains looks extremely s e x y. Love the colors and the paint design. Even the font for the numbers. Perfect.

MACS sound better when you have to Crtl + Command + Power Button :lol:

That is opposite in my house. :D
The gate mirors SM, that way...:D That's most likely why.:lol:

Trains look nice, yes.

Mac doing that? Never!:king:

Everytime I've been through the line while Imagineers were tinkering with the games, they were doing so with: Macs.

I think the problem here is, instead, no one told them Mac + Game = Incompatible. :lol:
Very true....though that is changing.:D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The gate mirors SM, that way...:D That's most likely why.:lol:

Trains look nice, yes.

Mac doing that? Never!:king:
I use to have the thinking in my field of work that "if it isnt a right angle, its a wrong angle"... basically meaning if something isnt symmetrical, plum and/or even it drove me nuts. I have evolved as a person. :D

Naaah. I have never seen the kernel/code splash on my screen like a scene out of 2001 Space Odyssey and then lock up. NEVER!

EPCOT Explorer

I use to have the thinking in my field of work that "if it isnt a right angle, its a wrong angle"... basically meaning if something isnt symmetrical, plum and/or even it drove me nuts. I have evolved as a person. :D

Naaah. I have never seen the kernel/code splash on my screen like a scene out of 2001 Space Odyssey and then lock up. NEVER!
:lol: Right angles are nice things...yes...:lol:

Never? I get from time to time, and I never know what to do. Shutting it off helps:lookaroun

xtimMOOthyx

I'm not sure if anyone has posted an update about this, but one of the new games has showed up in the queue. I played one yesterday that involved gathering different items like Mickey ears, space boots, and other items as they floated around the room. I assume that this is the game they said would involve collecting lost items in the Spaceport. It was a fun game and I actually didn't mind waiting in standby!

hpyhnt 1000

I'm not sure if anyone has posted an update about this, but one of the new games has showed up in the queue. I played one yesterday that involved gathering different items like Mickey ears, space boots, and other items as they floated around the room. I assume that this is the game they said would involve collecting lost items in the Spaceport. It was a fun game and I actually didn't mind waiting in standby!

Oh, alright! Good to know. :)

juan

So I rode SM on the 20th and then re-rode this past weekend and noticed a few changes already!

The left (alpha i think) side part of the queue that loops behind the wall now has black cloth over all of the portals. I noticed on the 20th before the cloths that there was significant paint chipping around all of the portals.

In the queue, the luggage stack (with the Mesa Verde sticker) had a small box with a sticker of DL's Space Station X-1 ride. As of this past weekend, that box and sticker were gone.
This sticker:
space+station+x1+disney+paleofuture+paleo-future.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the star tunnel music has been brought back to the TTA?

It wasn't when I rode today, of course it stopped about 5 times during the ride, mostly in the SM and Buzz areas... :brick:

BTW, it is now PITCH BLACK on the TTA going through SM after the lift hill...you can't see a thing, except some asteroids/stars.

EPCOTPluto

So I rode SM on the 20th and then re-rode this past weekend and noticed a few changes already!

The left (alpha i think) side part of the queue that loops behind the wall now has black cloth over all of the portals. I noticed on the 20th before the cloths that there was significant paint chipping around all of the portals.

In the queue, the luggage stack (with the Mesa Verde sticker) had a small box with a sticker of DL's Space Station X-1 ride. As of this past weekend, that box and sticker were gone.
This sticker:
space+station+x1+disney+paleofuture+paleo-future.jpg
While I am happy they are now re-painting the wall area, kind of wonder what was the point to remove that box. :shrug::lookaroun

BTW, it is now PITCH BLACK on the TTA going through SM after the lift hill...you can't see a thing, except some asteroids/stars.
Yes, and it is pretty much impossible to find the rockets looping through the ride.

Was there any reason for the removal of the luminescent stripes?

WDITrent

^Apparently the strips were brightening up the ride. I bet it wasn't that as much as it oriented guests of where they and the supports were.

WDITrent

That would make sense. :shrug:

But that TTA view is no fun now... :lookaroun:lol:
If it makes you feel better, Disneyland lost its luminescent strips and its Peoplemover. So even if the peoplemover comes back (which is no where in the near future), we won't see any rockets either.

Though it's funny, because I heard the reason to get rid of the strips at DL was because there was no Peoplemover to enjoy them. They must have really been a problem at WDW, I guess.

EPCOT Explorer

If it makes you feel better, Disneyland lost its luminescent strips and its Peoplemover. So even if the peoplemover comes back (which is no where in the near future), we won't see any rockets either.

Though it's funny, because I heard the reason to get rid of the strips at DL was because there was no Peoplemover to enjoy them. They must have really been a problem at WDW, I guess.

Actually, I've heard that DL has long been looking at having their PPLM come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom