SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

EPCOTPluto

So...Did they ever finish pressure washing SM, or is it still two tone?:hurl:
Still 'two tone'. Actually, it could work, in some ways. It seems that SM is now a spaceport. You know, it would mean cosmic dust? :lookaroun:zipit:

If it makes you feel better, Disneyland lost its luminescent strips and its Peoplemover. So even if the peoplemover comes back (which is no where in the near future), we won't see any rockets either.

Though it's funny, because I heard the reason to get rid of the strips at DL was because there was no Peoplemover to enjoy them. They must have really been a problem at WDW, I guess.
Well, the ride is more intense when completely in the dark, save for those projections.

Oh, isn't irony just dandy...? :lol:

Actually, I've heard that DL has long been looking at having their PPLM come back.
Yeah, and based from one rumor, as the vehicles from The Incredibles:

FilmIncredibles3.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Still 'two tone'. Actually, it could work, in some ways. It seems that SM is now a spaceport. You know, it would mean cosmic dust? :lookaroun:zipit:

Yeah, and based from one rumor, as the vehicles from The Incredibles:

FilmIncredibles3.jpg

NO to the Space Dust.:fork:

And I think that the Incredipods was only thought of for WDW.:wave:

EPCOTPluto

NO to the Space Dust.:fork:

And I think that the Incredipods was only thought of for WDW.:wave:
Well, we actually DO get traces of cosmogenous dust from space now & then... :lookaroun:lol:

But perhaps it's just a break from the cleaning. The worst thing in this case would be them just not finishing it. :shrug:

As for the pods, I always thought it was for DL. I remember an article about them to be placed in DL....

EPCOT Explorer

But perhaps it's just a break from the cleaning. The worst thing in this case would be them just not finishing it. :shrug:

As for the pods, I always thought it was for DL. I remember an article about them to be placed in DL....

Worst thing is pretty bad, and shoddy, IMHO.

No, we had the rumor for quite a bit. I would know, I violently opposed it.:lookaroun

Pete C

^Apparently the strips were brightening up the ride. I bet it wasn't that as much as it oriented guests of where they and the supports were.

Personally, I think the neon strips are too 70s looking anyway. They should do something though...like orange and red lighting on the back of each rocket to look like a jet engine. That would look cool zooming around the interior for the TTA riders.

imagineer boy

Personally, I think the neon strips are too 70s looking anyway. They should do something though...like orange and red lighting on the back of each rocket to look like a jet engine. That would look cool zooming around the interior for the TTA riders.

Eh, I think those would create too much light pollution thus exposing the tracks and support beams.

UberMouse

I think I might pick up one of those headband lights and wear it when I ride space mountain. LOL. Just trying to find a way to give those only seeing darkness while on the TTA a little something to look at. Ha ha!

-Jeff

Expo_Seeker40

1.) They saved the giant explorer ship pepper's ghost from one of the standby zig wag windows and put it over into one of the fastpass zig zag windows. Wooo!

2.) Anyone else notice that the asteroid effect on the small explorer vehicle in the zag window works again? Remember how it used to be just saturn and the explorer vehicle for the longest time?

3.) I wonder if there's a light switch to turn the star tunnel windows on in the hallway the new exit door leads to. :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Quicky since the jet lag is hitting me....

Neon strip from left side of main exterior sign missing; neon not working
Black tarps in Alpha queue hall are gone.
No air gate lighting on either side all week.
Plenty of 101s but very quickly recovered with new hard and software. Matter of minutes. Only saw one evac.
There is offboard audio equipment. Visible from TTA with lights on.
`Mese Verde` postshow flatscreen not working past few days
Green screen effect still tarped.
TTA tunnel still silent after welcome spiel

Full thoughts in forthcoming trip report :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Quicky since the jet lag is hitting me....

Neon strip from left side of main exterior sign missing; neon not working
Black tarps in Alpha queue hall are gone.
No air gate lighting on either side all week.
Plenty of 101s but very quickly recovered with new hard and software. Matter of minutes. Only saw one evac.
There is offboard audio equipment. Visible from TTA with lights on.
`Mese Verde` postshow flatscreen not working past few days
Green screen effect still tarped.
TTA tunnel still silent after welcome spiel

Full thoughts in forthcoming trip report :wave:

And this is a after a INFRASTRUCTURE refurb? Goodness.:(

Glad to see you back, Martin. :D

WDITrent

The green screen effect won't be finished. They're going to put black curtains around it and put in some glowing triangles. :lookaroun

PhotoDave219

Ive heard that there are a lot of IR cameras on the track that are clearly visible from the ride thanks to the red light on the cameras.

Martin, are these new?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom