SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

DisneyParksFan1

Because some guy named Walt insisted.

Very well said. It wouldn't really be Disney if the theming wasn't great. That's kinda the reason most Disney fans keep coming for more. Sure there is the thrill, the comedy, the fun, the sounds, etc, but theming is always essential in the Disney Parks, and if it doesn't have it, it is simply not Disney... IMO.

The FYL expansion seems great to me as a WDW'er and although we will be simply getting one new ride and a rumored ride I still love it due to the theming and I would never want to leave that new Fantasyland.

Animaniac93-98

@Animaniac, effects of pressure washing? Whatdya mean?

Look at the top portion of the mountain and the spires connected to the lower "cone" and compare the colour of those sections to the rest of the mountain. The difference in how white the exterior appears is really noticeable.

It's even clearer on other pictures posted on this site taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Hope its' done by January.

DisneyParksFan1

Look at the top portion of the mountain and the spires connected to the lower "cone" and compare the colour of those sections to the rest of the mountain. The difference in how white the exterior appears is really noticeable.

It's even clearer on other pictures posted on this site taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Ahh I noticed it now. I hope it's done by that time as well. or even earlier.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I was lucky enough to ride SM 2x on the 15th and really enjoy the improvements they've made. The ride is MUCH smoother and the padded seats are a big plus...we did 'break' the queue-game the 1st time though:

P1060986.jpg

FAIL:
1115091325.jpg

P1060987.jpg

P1060988.jpg

P1060990.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Because some guy named Walt insisted.
:ROFLOL: HAH! Post of the day!

December, please. Clean SM is a nice thing to look at.

I was lucky enough to ride SM 2x on the 15th and really enjoy the improvements they've made. The ride is MUCH smoother and the padded seats are a big plus...we did 'break' the queue-game the 1st time though:

FAIL:
1115091325.jpg
Shoulda used a Mac.:lookaroun

I'm more impressed than ever.
By what?
Will duct tape stick to speakers and the rockets?
It did in the tests....:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Mac is for Facebooking, PC gets work done.
:hammer::lol:

Anyways, I passed by today, saw some cables running up to the top, but the bottom and top are still two-tanned and looks awfuls.
Mac gets the same work a PC does....:wave::king:

Cables are good, two tanned isn't. I thought they were cleaning?!:fork:

EpcotServo

The pics do show other wise? Were you in the park to see it, or out?

Was in the passenger Seat driving right past it, closer then you'd see it in the park.

The top portion has been a brighter white than the rest of the building for years now. If they did clean it, that is not why its brighter.

^This. It wasn't any brighter then it's been since they painted it some time ago, and left us with Two Tan Mountain.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Gate to the former RCA lounge...
4117304637_24145b1a18_b.jpg
Love this gate. It is completely not like me to like something that is not symmetrical.... but I dig it.

Best part of the refurb?
The rockets look great.
Now...if they only had speakers....:rolleyes:
These trains looks extremely s e x y. Love the colors and the paint design. Even the font for the numbers. Perfect.

Shoulda used a Mac.:lookaroun
MACS sound better when you have to Crtl + Command + Power Button :lol:

Mac is for Facebooking, PC gets work done.
That is opposite in my house. :D

WDW1974

Best part of the refurb?

How can you pick just one when there are countless?:rolleyes::drevil::wave:
The rockets look great.
Now...if they only had speakers....:rolleyes:

Doncha know that the silence of space is kewl enough?

Seriously, there once was a time when you'd hear screams in there because it was actually dark and scary and cutting edge ... now the only screams are more like yells and wails of 'get me a chiropractor, Mickey!':eek::xmas::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom