SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I'm number 1!!!
4118033954_6c8d18d29f_b.jpg

Rob562

I wonder if the "quiet nook" will eventually become the new smoking area, rather than the one between the bathrooms and CoP.

While it would mean the loss of a "secluded spot" in the MK, the current smoking area is rather large and undefined, and you see people smoking everywhere in that general area from the benches right outside the bathrooms to the exit of CoP...

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

I understand this and completely get and agree with Disney, for the most part, avoiding inversions. That said, I feel like Space Mountain SHOULD have inversions, just by its nature. I'm not suggesting it's realistic to change the attraction that much, but I do think it would fit really well.
I do too, but the only way they could, would be to have the dual track, one with, one without. You loose too many people that way.

I don't think so. The Space Mountain in paris works just fine with inversions and is always popular. Plus like I said the Imagineers had that covered by keeping a tamer more classic style track. It would have looked really cool from the TTA.
Paris is a different market than us.:wave:

I do like the idea of two, though.
I remember that!! :D What was so bad about it?
Here's an update:

While the refurbishment is mostly complete and the ride will be official re-opened, there are a few more aspects that are still being worked on over the next couple months.
:wave:
In or out of the Mountain....such as....

Those, plus games updates, and most likely some lighting.

I know this stuff has been already talked about, but the time-span is 3 mos at least. And I don't recall seeing that time-span mentioned before.
....In or out...

:lookaroun:lol::D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Neither did I, do you just go to it from that gate shown in your pics Mr. Epcot?
The secluded spot is onstage, right between the berm and what was the Skyway station. Basically up against the edge of the park. When the Skyway was still there it was even more secluded. Look in my photo album for 2008 pics :wave:

Animaniac93-98

The secluded spot is onstage, right between the berm and what was the Skyway station. Basically up against the edge of the park. When the Skyway was still there it was even more secluded. Look in my photo album for 2008 pics :wave:

I shall indeed, or just go see it for myself in 50 days time!

Horizons1

And once again, Universal out-does themselves with theming :brick:
While unique, it reminds me of a Six Flags park :rolleyes:

Why does everything have to be dramtically themed? It looks fine. Just because it's not in a massive show-building does not detract from the excitement and thrill of the ride. Theming is nice, but just because there is none does make it seem like Six Flags.

DisneyParksFan1

Huh? Above the Mountain?
You mean the lamp? It kinda looks like a UFO.:lol:

Oh, it was a lamp?! Lolz. I could have sworn it was something like a UFO, I though I was crazy being the only one to notice it.

@Animaniac, effects of pressure washing? Whatdya mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom