SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mansion Butler

However, new trains, that incorporate speakers into the seats or body, would do the job. No reason they would have to abandon the bobsled seating.
Does keeping the bobsled seating inherrently include the low-slung ride vehicles, as well? I love feeling like I'm right up against the source of movement, and you could lose that but still be in-line seating.

Mansion Butler

I know they wanted to redo the track, but not with that....That would have alienated part of the audience.
I understand this and completely get and agree with Disney, for the most part, avoiding inversions. That said, I feel like Space Mountain SHOULD have inversions, just by its nature. I'm not suggesting it's realistic to change the attraction that much, but I do think it would fit really well.

That was a proposal, but not a plan.
And from what I know, it did include two different tracks, a family-friendly one and one more RnRC like. Neither a recreation of the current track.
Anyhow....died in blue sky.
And yes, there is room in the building for all that.
This, yes. I would like this. It's not something I'm up in arms over dying or anything, but I do think this would make about as much sense as his imaginatively possible.

Though, a rocket hurtling through space wouldn't exactly fit the theme of safe space travel. :lol: Maybe it could be a space line known for its reliability and one that's cheaper but known for ocassional fowl ups. We could call the latter Orange Team More Intense Spacelines. :p

PhantomX

I know they wanted to redo the track, but not with that....That would have alienated part of the audience.

I don't think so. The Space Mountain in paris works just fine with inversions and is always popular. Plus like I said the Imagineers had that covered by keeping a tamer more classic style track. It would have looked really cool from the TTA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ah... I've seen the poster with the green mountain, but never the actual thing. Pictures? :)

and maybe they will go back to pure green. They do have the new lime green color scheme now, after all.
1995:

Attachments

• gsmastroorbiter_001.jpg
    gsmastroorbiter_001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 79
  • gsmIMG_5008.jpg
    gsmIMG_5008.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 78

kcnole

Would have worked well with TDO's want/need/excuse to have everyone ride in the family

I wouldn't call that a TDO excuse, it was a Walt foundation for why he built the property. He wanted a place where the whole family could have fun together. He loved taking his girls to the amusement park, but he did not like how all the adults sat on the side while all the children played. He wanted a place where the rides could be enjoyed by the whole family.

I do understand the need to build some thrill attractions in the park which some people won't like and won't ride, but I don't think you do it to a classic like Space Mountain that has always been a family friendly ride.

juan

Here's an update:

While the refurbishment is mostly complete and the ride will be official re-opened, there are a few more aspects that are still being worked on over the next couple months.
:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Here's an update:

While the refurbishment is mostly complete and the ride will be official re-opened, there are a few more aspects that are still being worked on over the next couple months.
:wave:
Which are..........what exactly?
The green-screen effects in the exit queue?
The perfecting of the queue procedures?
The onride photo issues?

hpyhnt 1000

The onride photo issues?

The Sentinel article mentioned the addition of diffierent games for the queue so expect that as well I suppose. :shrug:

jakeman

Oh yeah, it was a real proposal. Never made it far, so I hear, but was definately not fake.
I like the idea, too. I see where Uni is using it for their BSG coaster(s) in Singapore.
Whoa wait...

BSG...as in Battlestar Galatica? There is going to be a ride?

Excuse me, I have to buy some fracking tickets to fracking Singapore if that is true...

Lee

Adventurer
Whoa wait...

BSG...as in Battlestar Galatica? There is going to be a ride?

Excuse me, I have to buy some fracking tickets to fracking Singapore if that is true...
Yep, at Uni Singapore.
It's still under construction, but currently testing with water dummies.
The red track is the "Human" side, and more family friendly.
The blue is the "Cylon" side, an inverted coaster for the more daring.
Like Dueling Dragons, they come close during various parts of the ride.
Screamscape has a link to a couple testing videos.
usworks5.jpg

sentosa-scifi-city.jpg

juan

The onride photo issues?

Those, plus games updates, and most likely some lighting.

I know this stuff has been already talked about, but the time-span is 3 mos at least. And I don't recall seeing that time-span mentioned before.

juan

Yep, at Uni Singapore.
It's still under construction, but currently testing with water dummies.
The red track is the "Human" side, and more family friendly.
The blue is the "Cylon" side, an inverted coaster for the more daring.
Like Dueling Dragons, they come close during various parts of the ride.
Screamscape has a link to a couple testing videos.
usworks5.jpg

And once again, Universal out-does themselves with theming :brick:
While unique, it reminds me of a Six Flags park :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
And once again, Universal out-does themselves with theming :brick:
While unique, it reminds me of a Six Flags park :rolleyes:
I disagree.
I think it looks great. The finished product will be very nice.
themed-zones.jpg

Universal-announces-Madagascar-dark-ride-top-400.jpg

Universal-announces-Madagascar-dark-ride-ship-400.jpg

Wow.....thread drift extreme....:lol:

juan

I disagree.
I think it looks great. The finished product will be very nice.
themed-zones.jpg

Universal-announces-Madagascar-dark-ride-top-400.jpg

Universal-announces-Madagascar-dark-ride-ship-400.jpg

Wow.....thread drift extreme....:lol:

Nice pics, I was referring to the coaster theming itself -- it's just sitting there outside kinda like Dueling Dragons and Hulk. They're great coasters but absolutely suck theming wise once you leave the queue and get on the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright drifting back to topic.

There will be a few of us meeting on Saturday to provide an super-WDWMagic review. Hopefully we'll be able to snag even more pics.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Got a few more pictures a couple of days ago. This is the queue leading to Alpha load...
4118033958_4be30d0721_b.jpg

By the way, does anyone else think that it'd be awesome if Battlestar Galactica made a return to The tram tour at Universal Studios Hollywood?

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
The queue can be arranged so that they can stage Guests at two load zones, this sign flips around to say 'USE BOTH SIDES'...
4118033976_4c472d627b_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom