SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Uncle Lupe

It's part of the new America where there are no winners and losers and everyone gets a trophy so little Timmy's feelings don't get hurt. :rolleyes:

When he understands that he lost the game that is when he karate kicks the load gate to help deal with his anger issues.

I think this looks like a nice upgrade, have to wait a few years to see it for myself. By that time probably none of the game buttons will work.

Main Street USA

I'm not talking down to anybody. Is it an opinion to state that Disney is capable of producing a much better product than they have been recently? I'm only going by what they conditioned me to expect out of them growing up. If what they do now makes some people satisfied, then I am truly happy for those people. But I am personally saddened by not seeing Disney live up to its previous standards.
I just thought the way it was worded was a little harsh. No big deal, really.

I happen to agree that the quality has slipped. That being said, they still offer a higher standard than any other park I've been to, but seeing it slip from it's original glory is a little sad. The lights of winter hurts more than anything, though. That just seems pointless. The SM rehab budget cuts have reasons behind them. I may not like it, but I understand it more than the smaller things.

Main Street USA

I don't think he was insisting that his opinion was the only possible way to look at it he was just offering up a different perspective, instead of looking at the short term he was looking at the long term, that's my opinion. You seem pretty insistent on people seeing things your way you should understand what it's like. There's nothing wrong with a strong discussion/debate I think you get more out of it on both sides. If you have something to add to the contrary you should, many people are open minded enough to listen to both sides.
I don't think I've ever told anyone they need to see it my way, that was my only point. I have very strong opinions, there's no doubt about that, and as many have seen, I'm not afraid to lay them out in type. :D I just felt that particular post sounded wrong. Again, no biggie. I may have read it differently than most, too.

EPCOT Explorer

From the Space Program, to The Space Mountain....:D

(Atlantis, FTW, today!! :sohappy:)

that's the power of million dollar pinesol baby
:ROFLOL:

I did not mind it. At least in 1999.
Nor did I. The 2000 wand was fine. Something new, nice, marketable....just too over used, to the point that it outlived it's theme and purpose.
Getting people to realize your opinion is the purpose of a discussion, it's exactly what your your doing and there is nothing wrong with it in either instance, it's a discussion forum after all.
Exactly. Why we have to tag "IMHO" is beyond me. It's a place built for "IMHO". :lol:

Sooo....any actual real news from SM today? Still in Soft Openings?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That video shows the new fire door very clearly. I guess regulations called for it and it makes sense down there. It leads through an access passage (used to access the peppers ghost displays) which runs behind the right hand wall, and then into the service corridor which is behind this and also runs under the railroad. Instead of turning left to follow the passage under the tracks directly ahead is a staircase that comes out into the VIP lounge garden. Tid bit; in that section of tunnel there are actually 5 tunnels; the entry tunnel, exit speedramp, effects access, service corridor and also a maintainence corridor behind the exit corridor wall (this is the area where the TV sets used to be)
Incredible. Good stuff.

wolf359

:sohappy: Well said!!! As I've stated before, there are some on here who will refer to anything Disney does as "freakin' awesome" even if it amounts to no more than a cheap prop.

And there are some on here that would still be complaining even if Space Mountain actually sent you into space. There's two sides to statements like that, and reality (and the majority) tends to sit somewhere in between.

Every time you think Disney could be doing more, consider picking up the phone and signing up to sponsor whatever attraction you feel Disney is cutting corners on. You want to make a difference? Then put your money where your mouth is, instead of just complaining about it on the internet.

DisneyGigi

Here are the pics we snapped Saturday when we made it into the first 10 or so people in line during previews. In case they are different from others posted.. I have not had time to look at the whole thread.

Saw this and did not budge from the area..

100_6907.jpg

100_6912.jpg

100_6922.jpg

100_6925.jpg

100_6934.jpg

100_6936.jpg

100_6938.jpg

continued in next post

HMF

For those of you talking about becoming an imagineer there's two things I'll mention.

1. One of the first things Lassiter pushed for when he became creative consultant was for all imagineers to be required to draw, any who couldn't were pushed out.
That was a speech he gave to Animation.

Expo_Seeker40

The postshow is for the most part the same 1985 PostShow with some minor redressing and alterations. It is now a "window shop" exit for StarPort 75 where you can preview other communities it services.

You can still skip the rollercoaster and go right to the postshow (RCA in 1975 was all about people seeing it's postshow moreso than the rollercoaster) You still have to either wait in standby or get a fastpass, but if you walk past the mission control booth (doesn't matter if it's alpha or omega) you can go out and behind the load walls which bring you back around the mountain and into the exit area.

FigmentJedi

Watching the Jeff Lange video, I noticed a Horizons homage on one of the suitcases in the postshow's baggage claim, a sticker for Mesa Verde. Not sure whether or not this is new though. I like what they've added to the postshow, gives it more of a Horizons feel.

EPCOT Explorer

It's a shame the ride won't look that sleek and nice. Those are some good aesthetics.
The postshow is for the most part the same 1985 PostShow with some minor redressing and alterations. It is now a "window shop" exit for StarPort 75 where you can preview other communities it services.

You can still skip the rollercoaster and go right to the postshow (RCA in 1975 was all about people seeing it's postshow moreso than the rollercoaster) You still have to either wait in standby or get a fastpass, but if you walk past the mission control booth (doesn't matter if it's alpha or omega) you can go out and behind the load walls which bring you back around the mountain and into the exit area.
I just might do that....:D
Watching the Jeff Lange video, I noticed a Horizons homage on one of the suitcases in the postshow's baggage claim, a sticker for Mesa Verde. Not sure whether or not this is new though. I like what they've added to the postshow, gives it more of a Horizons feel.
Yep! Very new. :D I love it.

kcnole

Every time you think Disney could be doing more, consider picking up the phone and signing up to sponsor whatever attraction you feel Disney is cutting corners on. You want to make a difference? Then put your money where your mouth is, instead of just complaining about it on the internet.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. If I had 500 million dollars I might do that, since I don't think the 50 bucks or so I have left over would go very far I think I'll keep my money.

Do you take that idea with every company you do business with? Well McDonalds screwed up my order again I'll just go build my own McDonalds so that won't happen.

My doctor misdiagnosed me, I'll just become a dr so this doesn't happen again.

No I don't think you do, instead you say I'm your customer and if you want to keep me, you do it right. If WDW wants to continue to pull in customers like it always has in the past then it needs to continue to deliver like it has, instead they're resting on their laurels.

wolf359

So because I don't have the means to sponsor an attraction, that means I don't have the right to complain about it?? Huh??? That might just be the most absurd response I've ever read on these forums. :hammer:

Unless I didn't get the memo, I'm pretty sure that as a paying consumer, my opinion should matter to the business that I'm thinking of giving my money to.

Oh, you have the right to complain, obviously, it's the assumption that complaining on the internet is going to have any effect on what Disney will or won't do that's absurd.

As far as being a "paying consumer," that pretty much entitles you either buy the product, or not. I'm a paying customer at the supermarket too, but that doesn't mean I get to start telling them to put in carpet or paint the walls orange just because that's where I go for milk and eggs.

Well, I guess I could, but I don't think they'd take me seriously.

ryno1982

In a way Disney may take fans' thoughts into account, but I think their interpretation of what we want is completely wrong. It's painfully obvious they keep putting Easter eggs in the attractions to make good will toward fans, such as the mark VII monorail and the "great big beautiful tomorrow" in SSE's descent, or the Horizons reference in Space Mountain. But they're missing the big picture, which is that any decent Epcot fan would have serious issues with the descent regardless of what hidden Disney references they used, and every Disney fan knows how great DL's Space Mountain is.

In Disney's defense, why should they accommodate fans when our demands are higher and pretty much out of sync with the brainless masses? They can create pure crap, and we will still go, even if it's just to complain. On the other hand, if Epcot became EPCOT Center again overnight, they'd lose the general public. I hate to admit this as much as any Disney fan, but you know it's true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom