Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

magicmaya

I don't care it they close the RR. I think the visitors need walking.America's turning fat.Soon the world would turn upside-down from the americans' weight!:lol:

Thrill Seeker

I don't care it they close the RR. I think the visitors need walking.America's turning fat.Soon the world would turn upside-down from the americans' weight!:lol:

I doubt they will. More than likely painting the exterior of SM is the least of their worries. I'd rather have a decent refurb inside than a slightly worse one just so the thing can get a new coat of paint.

disneydata

So does this mean the queue will smell like chili dogs from now on?
You mean you didn't hear about the chili dog stand they're putting in the new huge gift shop that's replacing the Light and Power game area? That smell is pumped in to make people hungry!

panther726

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but everything I've heard about this thing makes it sound like a huge disappointment. If this refurb doesn't improve Space Mountain the way the HM one improved that ride, I'm calling it a HUGE disappointment.

HM was very impressive... VERY impressive! It's gonna be next to impossible to top that.

From what I understand, the track was in terrible condition, as in falling apart bad. So why just tear down everything and close for about a year and a half, or however long it takes. It will benefit in the long run.

And for the post earlier about adding in loops and corkscrews... I'm for it! :sohappy:

Alright, I am a tad bit upset that Sm will be closed when I go in Aug. But it's is not as bad as my last Disney trip. The Rock and Roller coaster AND Space ship earth were closed! It was so sad!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom