Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

Phonedave

HM was very impressive... VERY impressive! It's gonna be next to impossible to top that.

From what I understand, the track was in terrible condition, as in falling apart bad. So why just tear down everything and close for about a year and a half, or however long it takes. It will benefit in the long run.

And for the post earlier about adding in loops and corkscrews... I'm for it! :sohappy:

Oh yes, because I have been trying to open this dang bottle of wine evertime I ride SM.

-dave

hardcard

Original Poster
After much research, I have discovered the plans for the space mountain rehab..

3528586236_45e99ec38c_o.png

toolsnspools

Looks like you'll be able to pick the angle that you get shot into Bay Lake. I wonder if the close the lid when the weather's bad. This refurb keeps looking better... :ROFLOL:

chwilson88

por favor mantengan.....

Yes!!
Anyone with pictures of the refurb, pass them onto us :D (did I even really have to ask that???)

I just needed to comment on your quote on your profile there...the spanish warning about standing clear of the doors on the monorails....almost fell off my chair laughing...love it. I came back from Disney a few weeks ago, and that thing was so stuck in my head...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DL is smooth and has no drops.

WDW is rough as heck and has drops.

In terms of just the actual track, I prefer the track at WDW much more :)
Preface: i have never ridden SM DL so I dont know from experience

Until I ride it, it is hard for me to look at the DL version track layout and see how it is fun. I want to be wrong and one day I will get a chance to visit.

No drops and right turn, right turn, right turn, left.

Again, Im sure it is thrilling with sound and visuals added.

dizzney

U nfortunately we're all going to have to be patient and wait for the refurb, I have faith that they will do the right by us and give SM what it needs.

CrashNet

Wow is this thread stressful. :lol:

I can't wait to see what happens when they find a structural failure in the supports that shuts the ride down like DL was. To be a fly on the wall in that conference room when management learns their "do only what's necessary" mentality shuts the ride down indefinitely while they spend even more money to do it all over again.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is corporate world at its finest...don't fix something until it breaks or becomes a problem.

Said it before and I'll say it again...they need new blood.

EPCOT Explorer

Wow is this thread stressful. :lol:

I can't wait to see what happens when they find a structural failure in the supports that shuts the ride down like DL was. To be a fly on the wall in that conference room when management learns their "do only what's necessary" mentality shuts the ride down indefinitely while they spend even more money to do it all over again.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is corporate world at its finest...don't fix something until it breaks or becomes a problem.

Said it before and I'll say it again...they need new blood.

Agreed, agreed, and hope it happens.:lol:

I would laugh if this thing was closed for a very long time.:D

The Conundrum

If there going ahead with the cheap "quick fix" job it would be hillarious if the whole track struture gives way and tumbles forcing disney to build a new track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom