Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

jt04

Do we even know the railroad was closed because of Space? Is that a definite?

You know the Frontierland station has been under refurb for weeks now. Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with that? Or maybe the boilers of the trains are going through their annual inspection? Not everything has to be about Space Mountain.

So the half-baked denials continue. Hmmmmm :lookaroun

Yep. Curiouser and curiouser...... :cool:

Lee

Adventurer
I'm unclear on why we should assume any temporary closure of the RR would have anything to do with SM. Some announcement to that effect? I'm surely not aware of any connection.
:shrug:

jt04

I'm unclear on why we should assume any temporary closure of the RR would have anything to do with SM. Some announcement to that effect? I'm surely not aware of any connection.
:shrug:

So you have bought into the cover up too? :eek:

From a WDW website that I read called mouseplanet.....

Walt Disney World Railroad – closed May 13-14 to allow movement of equipment and large parts into and out of Space Mountain.

Lee

Adventurer
So you have bought into the cover up too? :eek:

Ahhh...Mouse Planet.
Probably written by Mark Goldhaber.
He's often around here...perhaps Bagheera can shed some light on the subject.
Honestly, I don't see how they could be related, other than if they are just being overly cautious.
The easiest access is from the east side of the Mountain. Using the RR tracks would be extremely difficult, and really kinda pointless.

officeboy

I lifted the below quote regarding the closure of the RR from another web site dedicated to WDWRR things.

"It has nothing to do with Space Mountain. The Adventureland crossing needs some love and care. It is not determined if it will be a closure, or just a modified route. I'm sure we will just run from Main Street to Toontown."

True, false? I duuno. Just exercizing my ability to copy and paste.

EPCOT Explorer

Orlando Sentinel and some of the other tourist publications were also hyping up the "new SSE" and I believe the official website was doing the same.
That's publicity-just the news stations doing their work. There's a difference there.

What I was looking for was DISNEY actually putting something out.
I guess I must have been standing in an imaginary 20 minute line outside of SSE last Tuesday...and the week before that...and the week before that...and the week before that.

And the Mission: Space isn't a "redo" of Horizons by any means. It is a completely different attraction.
Ah, interesting.:D

I'll be at the resort from the 23rd-27th....trust me, I'm gonna get photos of something.
I see myself driving behind SM over and over...maybe standing up through the sunroof with a camera.:lol:

Here's a picture of said activity at space mountain.... I'll get another shot next time I pass by..

Enjoy!

3526288718_7a0ffed014_b.jpg

Oh how I wish we'd get a rock facade over the baby blue walls....
That's what I was thinking!

SM has blue on it!?:eek::sohappy:

*hopes for a repainting*

krueg66

I in no way mean to be at all rude but...obviously you are new to this thread or any of the others regarding SM over the past year...so hi...welcome.

The real answer to that question is...???...well there isn't one. You see alot of people think they know, but no one really does.
More succinctly however, if anyone on this board knows for sure...they sure as heck aren't letting us know.

So there...and again...welcome to the thread.

P.S. : I concur however.

Yeah...I troll around here from time to time, just saw this thread today and didn't really see an answer. Guess no one really knows? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

PhilharMagician

I'll be at the resort from the 23rd-27th....trust me, I'm gonna get photos of something.
I see myself driving behind SM over and over...maybe standing up through the sunroof with a camera.:lol:

Now some has to get a picture of Lee taking a picture while standing up through the sunroof of his car trying to outrun Disney security. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom